C4S lowering springs: what else while we are at it? - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 997 Forum
Reload this Page >

C4S lowering springs: what else while we are at it?

Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4S lowering springs: what else while we are at it?

Old 02-11-2019, 11:08 PM
Kg11
User

Default C4S lowering springs: what else while we are at it?

I am in the process of setting up a .2 C4S with more aggressive suspension. The stock PASM isn't the greatest. I want to start with lowering springs to reduce that gap, but while I am down there, what else should I add? What is a good bang for the buck? My last car was a 991.1 with SPASM, and I loved how tight and flat that car felt. I don't want to spend a ton, but often $1500 or $2000 on suspension components goes a LONG way

Other mods I am considering:

-DSC module

Someone is going to ask me "what do you want to use the car for" so pre-emptively, the answer is: everything. I want a tighter all-around feel, as it is quite the floater at speed. I don't need GT3 RS hardcore, but firm, tight, responsive suspension if my aim, aside from losing the 4x4 wheel gap. My other car is a 2002 Tacoma with stiffer leaf springs and Tundra struts, so it is a firm ride. I am sure whatever we do to this car still won't be "firm" like the Taco; I have yet to drive ANY porsche, even a 997.1 GT3, that is as firm as my older truck, and given that I put 30k on that truck a year, I figure whatever we come up with here won't be a big deal.

FYI, I once had a 997.2 with the optional B8 sport struts and H&R springs. It was fine as a daily, but at least 50% firmer than the stock struts.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:06 AM
TheBruce
Addict
Rennlist Member

Most people speak highly of the DSC.

Eibachs definitely improved the handling on my .1. I think Eibachs + 10/15mm spacers front/rear are the ideal stance for the 997. I get compliments from everyone and its one of my favorite mods.

"While you are in there", I would replace the strut mounts and bump stops. Also a good time to do brakes, brake flush, rotors and/or clean the wheel wells and calipers. And inspect your front fender liners where the brake vents and underbody panel meets. That area can get abused. One of mine was cracked, the other had chunk missing.

I've got a DIY writeup on it but it doesn't cover the C4S. I think your fronts are a little more involved.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:52 AM
jeebus31
User

For the front you also need to unbolt the driveshaft from the front differential, either at the diff or at the wheels. Personally I think it's easier unbolting at the diff. Otherwise, you will not get the clearance you need to R&R the shocks.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:43 PM
groovzilla
Addict
Rennlist Member

H&R springs are my vote ---> Mine has them and car not only looks great but handles much nicer and allows for the PASM to be used if desired.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: