Center Console Questions & Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 11:42 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Center Console Questions & Opinions

I'm comparing the options of having my center console painted or covered in leather and am wondering how well the painted console would hold up to use.

Also, my car is black over black and would like opinions on color if I decide to paint it. Should I go with typical black to match the interior or an accent color. Please share any pictures of your center console with black interior.

Thanks,
-Skip
Old 06-27-2018, 11:51 PM
jeebus31
Three Wheelin'

Received 422 Likes on 233 Posts

If you have full leather, I think a matching leather console would look fantastic. Personally, if I had a black car and non-full leather, I would go for a piano black finish.

This is something I've been thinking about as well - in for pics!
Old 06-28-2018, 12:09 AM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 465 Likes on 166 Posts

I had excellent results painting the center console.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...g-results.html
Old 06-28-2018, 01:27 AM
El Dario Loco
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by swftiii
I'm comparing the options of having my center console painted or covered in leather and am wondering how well the painted console would hold up to use.

Also, my car is black over black and would like opinions on color if I decide to paint it. Should I go with typical black to match the interior or an accent color. Please share any pictures of your center console with black interior.

Thanks,
-Skip
I have black leather and am happy with it. But in a black car I think exterior color would work just as well.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:44 AM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 546 Likes on 358 Posts

Certainly not the best picture, but the red is a perfect match to the Guards Red color..

I have the center console in red, in addition to the door finishers, seat belts, and red gauge faces.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:49 AM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 300 Likes on 177 Posts

Did the console myself in Carrera white with clear and its held up pretty well over the last couple of years. i like matching the exterior color but I also did the cup holder and a coupe of other bits.

Leather is nice but pricey. DIY console with a used eBay spare ... not so much.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:34 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,551 Likes on 4,167 Posts

I really like the CF accents in my interior. They complement the black leather but still add some subtle contrast in material and texture so its not just a sea of black leather.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:53 PM
Ben Z
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I guess it depends on how much use the car sees and how careful you and passengers are. The console is fairly vulnerable to getting scratches on it from various things. My console is sand beige and the paint is soft and delicate, so one of these days I'll need to repaint it (leather is more than I will spend on cosmetics on a 13 y.o. car). Since I already changed out my wheel, shifter and boot, ebrake, ignition and headlight switch surrounds, and overhead console for black, I will probably do the console in black also. And it will be matte black, as that can be touched-up almost invisibly without having to remove and respray the entire console. If I had a black interior it would be a no-brainer for me, I'd redo the console in matte black paint.
Old 06-28-2018, 05:28 PM
apperception
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gosh Pete, there are plenty of things worse than being surrounded by a sea of leather!

Larry in Georgia
Old 06-29-2018, 02:12 AM
EXCLUSIVE OPTION
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello Skip,
We at Exclusive Option are able to recover your existing center console in either Leather or Alcantara featuring factory matching stitching, along with your E-brake handle.

We have extensive experience in all Porsche interior parts. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via email or PM for further information.

An example of a 997 center console featuring rich black matte leather with Guards Red stitching.

Old 06-29-2018, 04:15 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 577 Likes on 345 Posts

amazing!

Originally Posted by EXCLUSIVE OPTION
Hello Skip,
We at Exclusive Option are able to recover your existing center console in either Leather or Alcantara featuring factory matching stitching, along with your E-brake handle.

We have extensive experience in all Porsche interior parts. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via email or PM for further information.

An example of a 997 center console featuring rich black matte leather with Guards Red stitching.

Old 06-29-2018, 04:30 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,551 Likes on 4,167 Posts

Originally Posted by apperception
Gosh Pete, there are plenty of things worse than being surrounded by a sea of leather!

Larry in Georgia
LOL, for sure - even have leather floor mats in my silver 997 and my 928. I just like a little contrast in my interiors, whether that's from wood grain (Cayenne and wife's 997), brushed or polished metal (928), or some other means.

@ExclusiveOption - you're interior work is superb !
Old 06-29-2018, 05:11 PM
RodneyB
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Bumper plugs for paint, FVD for red gauge faces, Palo Alto Speedometer for installation.

Quick Reply: Center Console Questions & Opinions