Dealer Programming

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 09:29 AM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,562 Likes on 940 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
What myw is referring to is that there is a switch that confirms the glove compartment is closed. If you modify that switch so the car thinks it's open, it will honk every time you lock the car with a single button. I actually discovered this myself accidentally...when installing my Dension setup I routed the interface ports over to the glove compartment and installed them in there so they'd be tidy and hidden. When I pulled the wiring loom over there, I actually grabbed the metal finger of the switch and pulled it off center so even though the glove compartment was closed, the switch wasn't being made, and the car would beep every time I locked it. Took me a while to figure out, find, and correct, but that would give you the beep on lock you want without bypassing the internal motion or other more important sensors if you decide to do it. Personally, I prefer that my cars only flash the lights and don't beep at me, and disable the horn beep on all of them, but to each their own.
Wow, mystery solved. I get it...... Break it to be irritated by. Yeah, I get that 'cause I got married.

Peace
Bruce in Philly
Old 03-15-2018, 11:09 AM
Maruscmn
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems to me there is a great need for more research into our DME’s as this should all be free. Reminds me of the early days of the E46.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:18 PM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

So I had the 2009 997.2 into the dealer this morning to program the car for the newly installed passenger side airbag deactivation switch that I installed last week. Now my boy can sit in the front seat. I actually did not have them program anything else.

Here is the question. They said that there is a workshop campaign WB08, high pressure pump. They said they will need the car for at least a day and a half. What is this going to cost me? Or is it like a recall and they cover the cost?
Old 03-16-2018, 04:26 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,552 Likes on 4,167 Posts

Originally Posted by doclouie
So I had the 2009 997.2 into the dealer this morning to program the car for the newly installed passenger side airbag deactivation switch that I installed last week. Now my boy can sit in the front seat. I actually did not have them program anything else.

Here is the question. They said that there is a workshop campaign WB08, high pressure pump. They said they will need the car for at least a day and a half. What is this going to cost me? Or is it like a recall and they cover the cost?
Glad the airbag kit worked out for you. I believe the high pressure fuel pump campaign on the .2 cars is fixed at no cost, but the other .2 guys can chime in. Setup your appointment when they have a loaner available and you'll get to drive another Pcar while they work on yours.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:15 PM
Bruce In Philly
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,562 Likes on 940 Posts

Originally Posted by doclouie

The fact that the pump has not already been swapped out is really odd........ as I understood it, the dealers do this as the cars pass through... implying your car has never been serviced by a dealer. Maybe my information is incorrect. They should do this for free.... it was a known problem for early run DFIs (early 2009 production). My 2009 C2S had this done.

For coding available via Durametric, try here for more information. While you may not want a Durametric, this gives some insight into what is available. https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...ns-manual.html

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Quick Reply: Dealer Programming