LAPower bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 04:46 PM
RennKit-Dave
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 187 Likes on 131 Posts

Did you disconnect the BTR-3 module and see if the fuse remained intact? On my '07 Turbo, the fuse was blown and I didn't know it. I kept wondering why the BTR-3 module had no power when I hooked it up. Simple check with volt meter showed no volts at the lighter. Replaced fuse, all was well.
http://rennkit.com/
  • Patented eRam Kit™ for 996/997 Turbo & Carrera GT wings
  • Cal*Cool™ - brake cooling 996/997 / Bluetooth Retrofit Kit™ for 1998-2011 cars / Wing Extenders™ 987 Cayman / 997 Turbo
  • AUTO-BLiP for MT / Function F1RST Shift ***** / Girodisc 2-piece rotors / OS Giken LSD / Phenix suspension / Zunsport grills / 997/987 switches/PCM ***** / Border Coilovers
Old 06-29-2021, 07:23 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by qwertyqwerty
I did it off of the 12volt outlet (cigaret lighter style) by the passengers feet.
Yo can also buy some special filters to avoid that noise.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:24 PM
The_Ruski_Driver
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I got this installed today and I can hear audio just fine. However, I cannot make or take calls through the device. I restarted my phone a few times and tried re-pairing the device. Does anyone else have this issue?
Old 07-28-2021, 07:40 PM
mwoc
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Ruski_Driver
I got this installed today and I can hear audio just fine. However, I cannot make or take calls through the device. I restarted my phone a few times and tried re-pairing the device. Does anyone else have this issue?
Just to confirm did you use the microphone that came with the adapter? I ended up ordering the mic from Enfig which fits under the top cover of the steering column.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:50 PM
The_Ruski_Driver
6th Gear

Originally Posted by mwoc
Just to confirm did you use the microphone that came with the adapter? I ended up ordering the mic from Enfig which fits under the top cover of the steering column.
Yeah I did. Usually when you're on a call with a Bluetooth headset you can choose between iPhone, speaker, or <your bt device>. When I make calls, it's just showing the standard iPhone and speaker options.
Old 07-28-2021, 08:33 PM
mwoc
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

That's strange - in your bluetooth settings do you show it connected to Car Kit?
Old 07-29-2021, 01:06 PM
The_Ruski_Driver
6th Gear

Fixed it. The 4 switches on the back were in the wrong place.

I LOVE this thing!!!!
Old 07-29-2021, 06:48 PM
qwertyqwerty
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Can I remove the navigation CD unit now that I have the LA Power bluetooth adapter in? it has been the difference between fitting things int eh trunk and not more than once?

Old 07-30-2021, 04:53 PM
mootsvamootsrsl
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for sharing this. This is great
Old 08-05-2021, 01:21 PM
997_flo
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 32 Posts

Just to add that if you purchase the newer Mr12V that comes with the 3 headed harness then you do not need to follow the instructions in the beginning of the thread where the wires needed to be rearranged. It is simply plug and play.

I have the CD changer w/ Bose.
Old 08-30-2021, 12:44 PM
pepperpepper
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Question for y'all, when installing the Mr12V and tapping into the power for the PCM how exactly are you managing that? I don't want to do anything to the stock radio power harness that could cause me problems later on... I could use the 12v for the plug in in the passenger footwell, but as far as I understand that's an un-switched connection and I worry about battery drain in the winter.
Old 09-22-2021, 06:08 AM
GarethWyn79
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TEF
Thanks for your prompt assistance.

To clarify a few things, my Boxster S is equipped with a CDR23 radio with a rudimentary display, so there is not much to photograph. However, after pressing the CD button, the display reads "No CD". Nevertheless, the CDR23, per the manufacturer's website, is compatible with a Mr12v. As for the optical cable, the newer Mr12v's arrive with an idiot proof harness. No more does one have to disconnect on leg of the optical pair and connect it to the corresponding leg of the Mr12v. The new system comes with three plugs (one female and two males) that connect as follows: one unplugs the male optical plug on the back of the PCM unit and this goes into the female plug of the supplied harness. Then one of the male plugs on the supplied harness goes into the back of the PCM and the other male plug (on the longer leg of the harness) goes into the Mr12v. Since this is all prepared by the manufacturer, I am thinking there is not much chance of goofing up this circuit.

The power circuit seems simple enough: the red (positive) connects to the red/green wire while the black (negative) goes to the brown wire. The Mr12v's blue power light is on and the entire radio/amp combo does not function when the power plug is removed from the Mr12v. Therefore, I don't see a problem is this area..

Following your suggestions, I tried outputting music from my phone via blue tooth into the Mr12v without success. Secondly, I tried turning the radio off and on and still not luck. I did not have a chance to try the analog connection, but neither this or the USB connection worked yesterday. While I loath to say this, perhaps my only option is to have a Porsche dealer activate my CDR23, so it recognizes a CD deck (or in my case, the Mr12v). Aside from the cost, it is a 160 mile round trip for this process. The manufacturer's website does say that some cars without a CD deck may require this procedure. In your case, you seemed to have lucked out.

Should you or anyone else have any suggestions, it would be appreciated.
Hi TEF
Did you ever resolve this issue? It sounds exactly like my experience!
Thanks
Gareth
Old 09-22-2021, 08:28 AM
TEF
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Given the distance and cost, I never visited a dealer plus I traded the 987 BS for a 981 BS, so the issue is, for me, moot. If your 987 has no cd deck and is behaving like mine, I suspect two causes: reprogramming is necessary or a defective Mr12v. Good luck.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:40 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by qwertyqwerty
Can I remove the navigation CD unit now that I have the LA Power bluetooth adapter in? it has been the difference between fitting things int eh trunk and not more than once?
If you no longer want to use the outdated navigation that comes with your PCM... go for it.. You will have an error message "navigation missing" ,or something like that, pop up on your pcm when you start the car and will have to get it coded out. A local dealer with a durametric or fellow rennlister with Foxwell can switch that off.
Old 09-22-2021, 01:47 PM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by pepperpepper
Question for y'all, when installing the Mr12V and tapping into the power for the PCM how exactly are you managing that? I don't want to do anything to the stock radio power harness that could cause me problems later on... I could use the 12v for the plug in in the passenger footwell, but as far as I understand that's an un-switched connection and I worry about battery drain in the winter.
Actually I have my power tapped into the same power wire as the PCM unit.. It's a bit more time to get to by removing the pcm unit, but not too bad. It's the thicker red/green wire. You will also see a thicker brown wire for ground next to it, but stick to the advice of grounding it to the chassis.

I followed the tip here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...l#post15960225
I attached the ground wire to the metal brace supporting the center console as mentioned in the thread and no more whining sound.

Quick Reply: LAPower bluetooth?