Sponsored by:

Ultimate Motorwerks Rear Wing Lift Cylinder Repair Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 09:46 PM
champignon
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by manimal
I've got a pretty good picture, and I'm trying hard not to lump it in with other BMW enthusiasts in the same way that he likes to lump Porsche enthusiasts together.
Only certain Porsche enthusiasts; the ones I have met in person have been perfectly normal.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:48 PM
champignon
Pro

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
This is real life.

Let me guess, you a millennial?
I wish. Then I could feel entitled, and I could present myself as you do, and not feel guilty about it.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:53 PM
champignon
Pro

Originally Posted by Atrox
Dont get interest mistaken for annoyance I've seen to many of your pompous uneducated posts to ignore.
Congratulations on locating your dictionary, and using an online spell checker.

As to education, it matters not what level you reach, but rather whether you continue to use your brain as time passes.

Were I sufficiently interested in you (which I am not), I would check out your "educated" posts to become better informed. Now, go back into your hole.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:02 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 304 Likes on 210 Posts

What a THREAD HIJACK....

This thread is for THOSE people that own a car with a leaking hydraulic lift cylinder and want a solution to fix the factory system.. Nothing more, nothing less..

For those folks that want to KEEP the factory system intact and functioning "I" have a solution that I have spent time and money on to bring to the market.

Anyone interested can email me kevin@ultimatemotorwerks.com

NOTE: This kit requires that you remove and send me your lift cylinder OR you can disassemble the lift cylinder (save my labor) and send me the Cartridge assy. Additionally, you will have to charge and bleed the system with Pentosin.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:03 PM
champignon
Pro

Originally Posted by manimal
And not to encourage anything irresponsible/dangerous/illegal -- but if you're never going above 90+ mph, I'm confused as to why you would be driving a 996TT. Second gear runs out pretty fast.
That is a very reasonable question. With the possible exception of maybe one of the "hot hatch" type cars (STi, Golf R, Focus RS, etc.), the demographic most likely to use/abuse the power in a street car simply can't afford the cars capable of meeting their "requirements." This perhaps pushes them towards the resale market for cars like old M3s, 996 TT, etc., however the cost of upkeep on these used cars is often a stretch for these people, as well.

So that leaves a few well-off people who track their street vehicles, plus a whole lot more people who buy these high powered cars, for whatever reasons. I would suggest that I am somewhere in that group.

Who wants to own a car that you have to wring out every last little bit of capacity to do a high speed pass on a two lane road? I don't. Are there other performance aspects of a car like the 996TT that are there, other than the excessive drive train power? Of course there are. The handling is very good, and the hydraulic steering gives really good feedback. Plus, occasionally, one does push it with the car, just for fun.

Not a complete answer, but my answer. P
Old 05-30-2017, 10:04 PM
mffarrell
Drifting

Received 237 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
What a THREAD HIJACK....

This thread is for THOSE people that own a car with a leaking hydraulic lift cylinder and want a solution to fix the factory system.. Nothing more, nothing less..

For those folks that want to KEEP the factory system intact and functioning "I" have a solution that I have spent time and money on to bring to the market.

NOTE: This kit requires that you remove and send me your lift cylinder OR you can disassemble the lift cylinder (save my labor) and send me the Cartridge assy. Additionally, you will have to charge and bleed the system with Pentosin.
I am in! Somebody get rid of this DB!
Old 05-30-2017, 10:09 PM
champignon
Pro

Originally Posted by Kevin
What a THREAD HIJACK....

Here is how you could have replied in this thread, and have sold more of your product (which I have every reason to believe is a good product, by the way).

You could be civil. You could acknowledge that you are selling something, and that this perhaps is not an altruistic endeavor.

But from what I have seen, I'll never do business with you, that much is clear. And yes, I am a businessperson and my business sells things to the public, so it isn't like I have no clue about those sorts of things.

Good luck with your product.

******************Addendum********************

Kevin,

It has been pointed out to me by another forum member that I responded to you as being the manufacturer of this electric RAM setup, when in fact you are NOT. I was confused because another member used your name in his post a few posts above, in a way that led me to that conclusion. I also misread your post to imply that, again, my error. Therefore, my comments to you were improper, and I apologize for making them.

Since the beginning of internet forums, in fact dating back to "Usenet," businesspersons have used consumer forums to promote their own interests, often when this is not obvious. I am, perhaps, hypersensitive to this issue, being as I have seen a lot of abuse of it over many years, which is why I responded as I did.

Nonetheless, I was wrong, and I apologize to you for my comments.

Last edited by champignon; 05-31-2017 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Correcting the Record
Old 05-30-2017, 10:11 PM
mffarrell
Drifting

Get lost mushroom boy!
Old 05-30-2017, 10:14 PM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm super stoked for these to come out Kevin! I'll have to wait for the screw blocks are ready to do mine. I too think it's cool to be able to restore a system on the car to work as intended.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:16 PM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mffarrell
Get lost mushroom boy!

https://rennlist.com/forums/general-...er-buying.html
Old 05-30-2017, 10:22 PM
mffarrell
Drifting

I see your point. lol
Old 05-30-2017, 10:34 PM
z06801
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by champignon
Here is how you could have replied in this thread, and have sold more of your product (which I have every reason to believe is a good product, by the way).

You could be civil. You could acknowledge that you are selling something, and that this perhaps is not an altruistic endeavor.

But from what I have seen, I'll never do business with you, that much is clear. And yes, I am a businessperson and my business sells things to the public, so it isn't like I have no clue about those sorts of things.

Good luck with your product.
Yeah Kevin you should listen to champignons, maybe this whole Porsche tuning thing could really lead to something.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:41 PM
manimal
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

Yes, and please be civil for a change, Kevin.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:53 PM
champignon
Pro

I think you should all buy this thing, maybe two of them
Old 05-31-2017, 09:50 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

Last edited by wross996tt; 05-31-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Motorwerks Rear Wing Lift Cylinder Repair Kit