Ultimate Motorwerks Rear Wing Lift Cylinder Repair Kit - Page 5 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Turbo Technical Discussion Areas > 996 Turbo Forum
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Motorwerks Rear Wing Lift Cylinder Repair Kit

Notices

Ultimate Motorwerks Rear Wing Lift Cylinder Repair Kit

Old 05-30-2017, 10:46 PM
  #61  
champignon
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
champignon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Idaho
Posts: 579
Default

Originally Posted by manimal View Post
I've got a pretty good picture, and I'm trying hard not to lump it in with other BMW enthusiasts in the same way that he likes to lump Porsche enthusiasts together.
Only certain Porsche enthusiasts; the ones I have met in person have been perfectly normal.
champignon is offline  
Old 05-30-2017, 10:48 PM
  #62  
champignon
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
champignon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Idaho
Posts: 579
Default

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera View Post
This is real life.

Let me guess, you a millennial?
I wish. Then I could feel entitled, and I could present myself as you do, and not feel guilty about it.
champignon is offline  
Old 05-30-2017, 10:53 PM
  #63  
champignon
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
champignon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Idaho
Posts: 579
Default

Originally Posted by Atrox View Post
Dont get interest mistaken for annoyance I've seen to many of your pompous uneducated posts to ignore.
Congratulations on locating your dictionary, and using an online spell checker.

As to education, it matters not what level you reach, but rather whether you continue to use your brain as time passes.

Were I sufficiently interested in you (which I am not), I would check out your "educated" posts to become better informed. Now, go back into your hole.
champignon is offline  
Old 05-30-2017, 11:02 PM
  #64  
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member


Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Northwest
Posts: 8,440
Default

What a THREAD HIJACK....

This thread is for THOSE people that own a car with a leaking hydraulic lift cylinder and want a solution to fix the factory system.. Nothing more, nothing less..

For those folks that want to KEEP the factory system intact and functioning "I" have a solution that I have spent time and money on to bring to the market.

Anyone interested can email me [email protected]

NOTE: This kit requires that you remove and send me your lift cylinder OR you can disassemble the lift cylinder (save my labor) and send me the Cartridge assy. Additionally, you will have to charge and bleed the system with Pentosin.
Kevin is offline  
Old 05-30-2017, 11:03 PM
  #65  
champignon
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
champignon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Idaho
Posts: 579
Default

Originally Posted by manimal View Post
And not to encourage anything irresponsible/dangerous/illegal -- but if you're never going above 90+ mph, I'm confused as to why you would be driving a 996TT. Second gear runs out pretty fast.
That is a very reasonable question. With the possible exception of maybe one of the "hot hatch" type cars (STi, Golf R, Focus RS, etc.), the demographic most likely to use/abuse the power in a street car simply can't afford the cars capable of meeting their "requirements." This perhaps pushes them towards the resale market for cars like old M3s, 996 TT, etc., however the cost of upkeep on these used cars is often a stretch for these people, as well.

So that leaves a few well-off people who track their street vehicles, plus a whole lot more people who buy these high powered cars, for whatever reasons. I would suggest that I am somewhere in that group.

Who wants to own a car that you have to wring out every last little bit of capacity to do a high speed pass on a two lane road? I don't. Are there other performance aspects of a car like the 996TT that are there, other than the excessive drive train power? Of course there are. The handling is very good, and the hydraulic steering gives really good feedback. Plus, occasionally, one does push it with the car, just for fun.

Not a complete answer, but my answer. P
champignon is offline  
Old 05-30-2017, 11:04 PM
  #66  
mffarrell
User
 
mffarrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vancouver WA (Southwestern) WA)
Posts: 819
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
What a THREAD HIJACK....

This thread is for THOSE people that own a car with a leaking hydraulic lift cylinder and want a solution to fix the factory system.. Nothing more, nothing less..

For those folks that want to KEEP the factory system intact and functioning "I" have a solution that I have spent time and money on to bring to the market.

Anyone interested can email me [email protected]

NOTE: This kit requires that you remove and send me your lift cylinder OR you can disassemble the lift cylinder (save my labor) and send me the Cartridge assy. Additionally, you will have to charge and bleed the system with Pentosin.
I am in! Somebody get rid of this DB!
mffarrell is offline  
Old 05-30-2017, 11:09 PM
  #67  
champignon
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
champignon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Idaho
Posts: 579
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
What a THREAD HIJACK....

This thread is for THOSE people that own a car with a leaking hydraulic lift cylinder and want a solution to fix the factory system.. Nothing more, nothing less..

For those folks that want to KEEP the factory system intact and functioning "I" have a solution that I have spent time and money on to bring to the market.

Anyone interested can email me [email protected]

NOTE: This kit requires that you remove and send me your lift cylinder OR you can disassemble the lift cylinder (save my labor) and send me the Cartridge assy. Additionally, you will have to charge and bleed the system with Pentosin.
Here is how you could have replied in this thread, and have sold more of your product (which I have every reason to believe is a good product, by the way).

You could be civil. You could acknowledge that you are selling something, and that this perhaps is not an altruistic endeavor.

But from what I have seen, I'll never do business with you, that much is clear. And yes, I am a businessperson and my business sells things to the public, so it isn't like I have no clue about those sorts of things.

Good luck with your product.


******************Addendum********************

Kevin,

It has been pointed out to me by another forum member that I responded to you as being the manufacturer of this electric RAM setup, when in fact you are NOT. I was confused because another member used your name in his post a few posts above, in a way that led me to that conclusion. I also misread your post to imply that, again, my error. Therefore, my comments to you were improper, and I apologize for making them.

Since the beginning of internet forums, in fact dating back to "Usenet," businesspersons have used consumer forums to promote their own interests, often when this is not obvious. I am, perhaps, hypersensitive to this issue, being as I have seen a lot of abuse of it over many years, which is why I responded as I did.

Nonetheless, I was wrong, and I apologize to you for my comments.

Last edited by champignon; 05-31-2017 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Correcting the Record
champignon is offline  
Old 05-30-2017, 11:11 PM
  #68  
mffarrell
User
 
mffarrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vancouver WA (Southwestern) WA)
Posts: 819
Default

Get lost mushroom boy!
mffarrell is offline  
Old 05-30-2017, 11:14 PM
  #69  
z06801
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
z06801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 930
Default

I'm super stoked for these to come out Kevin! I'll have to wait for the screw blocks are ready to do mine. I too think it's cool to be able to restore a system on the car to work as intended.
z06801 is offline  
Old 05-30-2017, 11:16 PM
  #70  
Atrox
Super User
 
Atrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,531
Default

Originally Posted by mffarrell View Post
Get lost mushroom boy!

https://rennlist.com/forums/general-...er-buying.html
Atrox is offline  
Old 05-30-2017, 11:22 PM
  #71  
mffarrell
User
 
mffarrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vancouver WA (Southwestern) WA)
Posts: 819
Default

I see your point. lol
mffarrell is offline  
Old 05-30-2017, 11:34 PM
  #72  
z06801
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
z06801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 930
Default

Originally Posted by champignon
Here is how you could have replied in this thread, and have sold more of your product (which I have every reason to believe is a good product, by the way).

You could be civil. You could acknowledge that you are selling something, and that this perhaps is not an altruistic endeavor.

But from what I have seen, I'll never do business with you, that much is clear. And yes, I am a businessperson and my business sells things to the public, so it isn't like I have no clue about those sorts of things.

Good luck with your product.
Yeah Kevin you should listen to champignons, maybe this whole Porsche tuning thing could really lead to something.
z06801 is offline  
Old 05-30-2017, 11:41 PM
  #73  
manimal
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
manimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 936
Default

Yes, and please be civil for a change, Kevin.
manimal is offline  
Old 05-31-2017, 12:53 AM
  #74  
champignon
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
champignon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Idaho
Posts: 579
Default

I think you should all buy this thing, maybe two of them
champignon is offline  
Old 05-31-2017, 10:50 AM
  #75  
wross996tt
Super User
 
wross996tt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,492
Default


Last edited by wross996tt; 05-31-2017 at 12:27 PM.
wross996tt is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ultimate Motorwerks Rear Wing Lift Cylinder Repair Kit


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: