Sponsored by:

The Prestige Thread - Finest 996TT Market Finds

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 05:11 PM
Nyuofa
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 18 Posts

https://www.mikewardmaserati.com/inv...ab29912s686116

Has this one been posted? Thoughts on the price? I'm seriously considering this, but not a clue as to how these low mileage examples should be valued.

As far as I know, no original wheels, 5 owner history. And lots of wood.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:41 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,463 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyuofa
https://www.mikewardmaserati.com/inv...ab29912s686116
Has this one been posted? Thoughts on the price? I'm seriously considering this, but not a clue as to how these low mileage examples should be valued.
As far as I know, no original wheels, 5 owner history. And lots of wood.

They are local to me. If you want a Renncheck on it, pm me, though I think I've seen that car before.

Dealer has a good reputation (they are also the local McLaren dealer) and they get some cool used cars in inventory, though IMHO they usually list their used cars at premium prices... I also think the've had that particular Turbo for a while, several months at least.

$52,500 is pretty strong money, especially with cheap victor wheels instead of OEM and the wood interior which personally I dislike.

I'd put it at $48K full retail assuming the cosmetics are strong and there is at least some service history in Carfax or with the car. It is winter here in Denver. Maybe call the sales manager (Bob Thumel) and see if he'll take a mid/high $40's offer? I don't know him well, but I've met him a few times at car events, he has an nice air-cooled Porsche.

The owner of Mike Ward (Mike Ward himself...) is actually a pretty cool guy, but I don't think he's the one to talk to about price. I've run into him several times as well, usually bringing one of several McClaren's to a local Cars and Coffee event. They also hosted several 'Supercar Saturday' car show events last summer as well.

----
PS, I just noticed they list it as 'Polar Silver' on their website. It is not... Arctic Silver as shown by the pictures and build sheet, metropol blue interior (which is very dark, often mistaken for black in photographs)

Old 01-27-2018, 05:46 PM
Nyuofa
Instructor

Originally Posted by pfbz
They are local to me. If you want a Renncheck on it, pm me, though I think I've seen that car before.

Dealer has a good reputation (they are also the local McLaren dealer) and they get some cool used cars in inventory, though IMHO they usually list their used cars at premium prices... I also think the've had that particular Turbo for a while, several months at least.

$52,500 is pretty strong money, especially with cheap victor wheels instead of OEM and the wood interior which personally I dislike.

I'd put it at $48K full retail assuming the cosmetics are strong and there is at least some service history in Carfax or with the car. It is winter here in Denver. Maybe call the sales manager (Bob Thumel) and see if he'll take a mid/high $40's offer? I don't know him well, but I've met him a few times at car events, he has an nice air-cooled Porsche.

The owner of Mike Ward (Mike Ward himself...) is actually a pretty cool guy, but I don't think he's the one to talk to about price. I've run into him several times as well, usually bringing one of several McClaren's to a local Cars and Coffee event. They also hosted several 'Supercar Saturday' car show events last summer as well.

----
PS, I just noticed they list it as 'Polar Silver' on their website. It is not... Arctic Silver as shown by the pictures and build sheet.
Pfbx, thank you for that. Im new to the forums, so unsure if I can PM just yet? I'm in Colorado as well, hour north of Denver. They told me $51.5k is lowest they would go. Bob just called, so I'll have to return his call. I initially thought 48-49k, so I told myself $50k is my absolute max. I'll speak to Bob, see what he has to say. I'm hoping they're willing to negotiate, as I too noticed this car has been sitting for a bit.

Is Polar Silver more desirable than Arctic?

Old 01-27-2018, 05:54 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Pfbx, thank you for that. Im new to the forums, so unsure if I can PM just yet? I'm in Colorado as well, hour north of Denver. They told me $51.5k is lowest they would go. Bob just called, so I'll have to return his call. I initially thought 48-49k, so I told myself $50k is my absolute max. I'll speak to Bob, see what he has to say. I'm hoping they're willing to negotiate, as I too noticed this car has been sitting for a bit.

Is Polar Silver more desirable than Arctic?

If you go to look at it and want another set of eyes on it, let me know. I know 996 Turbo's pretty well...

Polar Silver is definitely less common than Arctic. It has a very light baby blue cast to it. More desirable? Not when they were being sold... People preferred Arctic, which is why there are so many more Arctic cars :-) But on older cars, sometimes the less common colors (less desirable when new) become more desirable, well just because...

Polar Silver was not a special 'Paint to Sample' color on 996 Turbos that sometimes brings large premiums, just an optional color that had a modest upcharge. I had a Polar Silver 996 C2 and now have an Arctic Silver 996 Turbo. I like them both, but if I was picking, I'd take Arctic.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:59 PM
Nyuofa
Instructor

----
PS, I just noticed they list it as 'Polar Silver' on their website. It is not... Arctic Silver as shown by the pictures and build sheet, metropol blue interior (which is very dark, often mistaken for black in photographs)

If you go to look at it and want another set of eyes on it, let me know. I know 996 Turbo's pretty well...

Polar Silver is definitely less common than Arctic. It has a very light baby blue cast to it. More desirable? Not when they were being sold... People preferred Arctic, which is why there are so many more Arctic cars :-) But on older cars, sometimes the less common colors (less desirable when new) become more desirable, well just because...

Polar Silver was not a special 'Paint to Sample' color on 996 Turbos that sometimes brings large premiums, just an optional color that had a modest upcharge. I had a Polar Silver 996 C2 and now have an Arctic Silver 996 Turbo. I like them both, but if I was picking, I'd take Arctic.

Wow, thank you for the offer! Really appreciate it. I may take you up on that if I pursue this further, as I'm not as familiar with 911's.

Thank you!
Old 01-27-2018, 06:04 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,442 Posts

----
I agree, $48k car.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:32 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Arctic silver is the "standard" silver, the hue most people associate with the silver color. It was a safe choice for a lot of dealer ordered cars. Hard to find someone who viscerally hates that color.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:52 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Very true, I would bet at least half of all dealer spec'd 996TTs were Artic.
Old 01-27-2018, 08:01 PM
Nyuofa
Instructor

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lg...475207803.html

wow, does x50 command this much of a premium?
Old 01-27-2018, 10:13 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lg...475207803.html

wow, does x50 command this much of a premium?
$155K new... i bet he'll get close to that.

Am I the only person here that Doesn't like the Areo Kits on these / any of the P Cars??
Old 01-27-2018, 10:58 PM
32krazy!
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
$155K new... i bet he'll get close to that.

Am I the only person here that Doesn't like the Areo Kits on these / any of the P Cars??
write it down on the calender. that car will sell for less than 60k$. these cars are great cars but not investment quality cars. think 90's supra. always valued and always worth 50k$
Old 01-27-2018, 11:16 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

I agree that the 996 Turbo aerokit isn't the most stunning bodywork I've seen, particularly the somewhat awkward looking rear wing.... Though I do like some of the other 911 Aerokits.

Looks visually 'heavy', and a bit dyson-esque.

Last edited by pfbz; 01-27-2018 at 11:35 PM.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:15 AM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
write it down on the calender. that car will sell for less than 60k$. these cars are great cars but not investment quality cars. think 90's supra. always valued and always worth 50k$
Toyotas are not Porsches. How many Supras were made? and how many 996TTs?
Old 01-28-2018, 11:28 AM
MikeAWD
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
most recently 98 Supra sold for over 100k stock with less than 10k miles. Many are selling in the high 80s right now when they are original and mint.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:18 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Nope.

Quick Reply: The Prestige Thread - Finest 996TT Market Finds