Sponsored by:

The Prestige Thread - Finest 996TT Market Finds

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 04:52 PM
SeabrookPorsche
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 996_soon
Would this 996tt belong in this thread? Are these SY 996tt's fetching this much?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...modelCode1=911
this car was purchased last month for $52 from a private individual. The dealer disguised himself as a private buyer, however he is a dealer and now has it listed as per your link. The seller was pissed to say the least...

Last edited by SeabrookPorsche; 05-24-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:40 PM
manimal
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 90 Posts

Lame.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:24 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,471 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Originally Posted by SeabrookPorsche
this car was purchased last month for $52 from a private individual. The dealer disguised himself as a private buyer, however he is a dealer and now has it listed as per your link. The seller was pissed to say the least...
I do not understand why the seller would be pissed. Did the disguised dealer force the seller to sell at that price?
Old 05-24-2017, 11:40 PM
SeabrookPorsche
Racer

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
I do not understand why the seller would be pissed. Did the disguised dealer force the seller to sell at that price?
The seller said yes. Once he found out it was a dealer he immdiatly called his attorney. His attorney advised it it could get costly and ugly and not in his favor. I don't know all the details, it just wasn't good. I missed the car by 2 hours myself and kept in constant contact in case the buyer did not pay up. Of course the buyer wired the money the next day as he knew he was getting a smoking deal and he was going to flip it.

Please note the dealer that is selling the car now is not the same dealer that bought it from the owner.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:46 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

The seller said yes. Once he found out it was a dealer he immdiatly called his attorney. His attorney advised it it could get costly and ugly and not in his favor. I don't know all the details, it just wasn't good. I missed the car by 2 hours myself and kept in constant contact in case the buyer did not pay up. Of course the buyer wired the money the next day as he knew he was getting a smoking deal and he was going to flip it.

Please note the dealer that is selling the car now is not the same dealer that bought it from the owner.
I still not understand why the seller is pissed. Dealer or not he didn't have to sell the car for $52k if he didn't want to. What was there to stop a private buyer from turning around a reselling the car? If the seller got the price he wanted why care?
Old 05-25-2017, 12:33 AM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 171 Posts

I still not understand why the seller is pissed. Dealer or not he didn't have to sell the car for $52k if he didn't want to. What was there to stop a private buyer from turning around a reselling the car? If the seller got the price he wanted why care?
I get the concept of being pissed at being lied to, but not to the extent of suing someone. The PO of my car had the chance to back out on our deal to sell at a higher price, but he was a man of his word and honored our deal. He said that he googled me and saw that I was a big enthusiast (founded a nonprofit auto museum), so he knew I would appreciate the car. If I had lied and turned around and flipped it, then I would expect him to be pissed.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:20 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

I loathe and despise flippers as much as the next guy, but in this case, if the seller didn't know he was leaving $10k+ on the table, shame on him for not spending 1hr researching the market.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:12 AM
SeabrookPorsche
Racer

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
I loathe and despise flippers as much as the next guy, but in this case, if the seller didn't know he was leaving $10k+ on the table, shame on him for not spending 1hr researching the market.
Fair enough.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:25 AM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Fair enough.
Honestly I feel bad for you on missing out on what looks like a great car.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:27 AM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kcattorney
I get the concept of being pissed at being lied to, but not to the extent of suing someone. The PO of my car had the chance to back out on our deal to sell at a higher price, but he was a man of his word and honored our deal. He said that he googled me and saw that I was a big enthusiast (founded a nonprofit auto museum), so he knew I would appreciate the car. If I had lied and turned around and flipped it, then I would expect him to be pissed.
I am not sure we know the seller was lied to.

As the PO of your car did all this fellow had to do was search Google for some background on this buyer/dealer.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:30 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 171 Posts

I am not sure we know the seller was lied to.

As the PO of your car did all this fellow had to do was search Google for some background on this buyer/dealer.
Good point, Carlo.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:22 AM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Wow. All this butthurt is a total mystery to me.

When I'm selling a car, I prefer dealers/flippers because they don't have to 'arrange the financing,' 'sell the BMW first,' 'get the wife's approval,' etc., etc.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:29 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by techweenie
Wow. All this butthurt is a total mystery to me.

When I'm selling a car, I prefer dealers/flippers because they don't have to 'arrange the financing,' 'sell the BMW first,' 'get the wife's approval,' etc., etc.
Yeah, well, many other people prefer to get their full money's worth when they sell, and not have to pay for the college tuition of the children of some random scalper when they buy...
Old 05-26-2017, 12:24 PM
Alan A
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Yeah, well, many other people prefer to get their full money's worth when they sell, and not have to pay for the college tuition of the children of some random scalper when they buy...
So the random scalper pays the ask - or something that the seller can live with - and they are still all bent out of shape. That makes no sense at all.

If they wanted more $ they should have asked for more $.

That's like being upset that your surgeon knows more than you about joints so he gets paid better to fix them.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:37 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

The buying and selling of cars is a lot like the stock market. Looking for an under valued asset to buy and resell later for a profit.

Car dealers are not my favorite people but if the seller agreed to a sale price then why be upset? Car dealers have mortgages to pay too.

Last edited by Carlo_Carrera; 05-26-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Quick Reply: The Prestige Thread - Finest 996TT Market Finds