The Prestige Thread - Finest 996TT Market Finds

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 01:35 PM
Jymmybob
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 808Bill
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Porsche...3D302170470262

Please share your professional opinions on this one.
Seller looks to be ok with solid feedback, other similar class cars, and appears to have carved out a niche selling the lower 'grade' exotics which is fine. It's a terrible ad but that doesn't mean it's a bad car and since he wasn't the previous owner shouldn't have much bearing on car condition. Check it out carefully and have it inspected at a good independent prior to sending payment and you might be able to land a good deal by going the extra mile to do the research yourself instead of counting on the seller to provide it. You should do those things anyhow so it's not like it's much more effort and trust only what you know as fact.

edit; only concern is the black wheel which either means they upgraded the wheel to that silver two-tone and could only find it in black or it's possible they blew the airbag and that was the easiest one to find. I'd bet on the former because that's a terribly lazy way to try to hide an accident so it's likely just questionable taste.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:35 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by xmaciek82x
WOW. 2002 6spd with 107k miles for $32k. That's actually pretty cheap. Looks decent shape too.
On what basis does it look cheap? For all we know it might have thousands in deferred maint. The seller doesn't know or doesn't give a **** apparently, not sure which is worst.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:35 PM
xmaciek82x
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
On what basis does it look cheap? For all we know it might have thousands in deferred maint. The seller doesn't know or doesn't give a **** apparently, not sure which is worst.
Yup, it might and it might not have thousands in deferred maintenance.

I'm not in the market for another 996tt so I'm not willing to invest any more time into seeing if this car is a good buy or not. I'm not implying someone should hit the "buy it now" button without doing their homework.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:00 PM
nwchips
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by autobonrun
That is interesting. It shows to still be for sale at $98k even on their carsfromusa website but sold with no reserve on ebay for much less.

Just an FYI on this car, I actually ended up the high bidder and when I called to make arrangements for the payment, the Seller refused to sell the car for the final price. He said his secretary had made a mistake in not listing it with a reserve price. When I spoke with him a couple of days earlier he of course never mentioned this situation. That possibility aside, he was very sarcastic and unpleasant on the phone and should the opportunity arise, you should be very careful in dealing with him. On to finding another 2005 TTS coupe!
Old 12-23-2016, 07:52 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by nwchips
Just an FYI on this car, I actually ended up the high bidder and when I called to make arrangements for the payment, the Seller refused to sell the car for the final price. He said his secretary had made a mistake in not listing it with a reserve price. When I spoke with him a couple of days earlier he of course never mentioned this situation. That possibility aside, he was very sarcastic and unpleasant on the phone and should the opportunity arise, you should be very careful in dealing with him. On to finding another 2005 TTS coupe!
Thank you!
Old 12-23-2016, 08:03 PM
napoleon1981
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Have you tried filing something through ebay? In principle auctions should be honored.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:03 PM
Corso
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 79 Posts

Wow! That's unreal. I would be HOT!! Sorry to hear that. Definitely try to report him to eBay.

**Edit** Were you the high bidder the first time around, or this most recent listing?
Old 12-27-2016, 05:11 PM
nwchips
3rd Gear

Out of principle, I did report him to Ebay. That said, I think "karma" takes care of these things in the end.

I didn't see his earlier auction and only bid on the most recent one.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:37 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Corso
Wow! That's unreal. I would be HOT!! Sorry to hear that. Definitely try to report him to eBay.

**Edit** Were you the high bidder the first time around, or this most recent listing?
Out of principle, I did report him to Ebay. That said, I think "karma" takes care of these things in the end.

I didn't see his earlier auction and only bid on the most recent one.
Just fyi, bids on real estate and vehicles on ebay are "non-binding" and do not create a contract:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...nding-bid.html
Old 12-27-2016, 11:55 PM
Corso
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kcattorney
Just fyi, bids on real estate and vehicles on ebay are "non-binding" and do not create a contract:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...nding-bid.html
I couldn't care less. There's a thing called professional business etiquette. If you don't intend on selling a vehicle for a certain price and honoring your deal, then don't offer it at no reserve.

If I am the high bidder on a car (I have been twice on eBay, fortunately both sellers were honest people and the transactions went off without a hitch) and you decide you're not going to sell that car to me, prepare yourself for a very unpleasant situation.

That's complete and utter BS.

**Edit**
Read the fourth bullet:
Attached Images  
Old 12-28-2016, 02:21 AM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Still non-binding.
And not my rules.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:32 AM
Corso
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kcattorney
Still non-binding.
And not my rules.

Says the attorney.... Might I suggest telling the seller(s) to learn the rules? Reserve auctions are in place for a reason, use it.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:03 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Corso - Just giving you a hard time. That gif cracks me up whenever I see it! I agree with you that it is pretty crappy to back out of a deal, whether ebay treats is as a binding offer or not.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:15 PM
Keo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Found this one owner Canadian gem listed under 911T (vice 911) on autoTRADER:
http://m.autotrader.ca/a/19_9918503?...srt=3&showVs=1

approx 59k USD

amazing car!!
Old 12-30-2016, 12:16 PM
KM1959
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Keo
Found this one owner Canadian gem listed under 911T (vice 911) on autoTRADER:
http://m.autotrader.ca/a/19_9918503?...srt=3&showVs=1

approx 59k USD

amazing car!!
Maybe I missed sonething but I think it's a just a "nice" car. What makes it amazing other than its price which seems $10K too high?

Quick Reply: The Prestige Thread - Finest 996TT Market Finds