Beta Testers Needed for Electric Spoiler Rams

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 09:04 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,274 Likes on 1,458 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4
Looks like any of the black wire O2 sensor wires will work for power pick up. See this: http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...y/#entry272896
Thank you very much.
Old 12-20-2015, 05:42 PM
Pierre
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't believe it! Finally a good solution to that issue!

There soon will be an eRam kit on its way to Switzerland... Just have to check with a friend or two whether we group order...
Old 12-20-2015, 10:37 PM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pierre
Can't believe it! Finally a good solution to that issue!

There soon will be an eRam kit on its way to Switzerland... Just have to check with a friend or two whether we group order...
Thanks! and please tell the Germans! ha ha You can order directly from my website, it's live and in color. I do offer a Rennlist member discount.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:06 AM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by "02996ttx50
well, his diy IS the "entire" procedure but it isn't as complicated as it *may* appear to be.

i've been reluctant to post any of this info in dave's thread ( apologies dave is this is inappropriate!? ) preferring to post in generic "spoiler" threads, but these diy's are indeed attributed to "loren's" time honored posts from RL, so hopefully dave wont mind. there is no doubt in my mind that dave's new system is the preferred "fix" for this entire never ending procedure, but hopefully he wont take offense or feel it impinges upon his potential customer base. i can't see why it would, as the oem parts have a "finite" life expectancy, no matter how many times one can successfully refill the canister. that said, here are the diy pics ( only one would post.. strange...? ) and it is really very easy to re-fill. it just takes patience to equalize both sides, and i'm certain that's the cause for anyone that has difficulty replicating the process.

it wont allow me to post the gif(?) of the actual step- by step but if you've seen it, thats all there is to it.

you just need to remove the decklid from the car, flip it over and refill the canister that holds the hyd fluid and activate it a few times with a 12v power source to ensure they deploy and retract evenly a few times, before you re-install the decklid and button it up. THIS IS KEY!. gl whichever way you decide to go!
You need to put a dyi video up on this.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:58 AM
Pierre
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! and please tell the Germans! ha ha You can order directly from my website, it's live and in color. I do offer a Rennlist member discount.

And I'm telling the world, not only ze Germanz.
Facebook Post
Old 12-21-2015, 07:27 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Atrox
You need to put a dyi video up on this.
good idea, didn't ever occur to me. sorry.

but sure, next time..should be roughly 2021! lol
Old 12-21-2015, 08:47 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by "02996ttx50
good idea, didn't ever occur to me. sorry. but sure, next time..should be roughly 2021! lol
I'd kindly request you all start another thread for OEM hydraulic system bleeding and associated instructions, videos and such. Really not what this thread was intended for. In fact there are dozens already, just do a search.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:57 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I'd kindly request you all start another thread for OEM hydraulic system bleeding and associated instructions, videos and such. Really not what this thread was intended for. In fact there are dozens already, just do a search.
i don't think that request is necessary, dave. given i have already taken into account that (a) this is YOUR thread and posted as such and (b) that my "advising" posts as to the ease with which spoiler re-bleeds can be accomplished are as you say, readily available.

so in case it escaped your notice? i will re-post in it's entirety my admission that it might be INAPPROPRIATE and given our many personal message interactions back and forth and my constant "talking up" of your new "invention"? i find your admonition to me puzzling, at the very least!

below is the last post about the topic, so i think your request should be directed to ATROX who asked for a video, not to me, ( and if you took the time to notice i did NOT accede to his request, in fact, I who have respected the sanctity of both your thread, as well as the fact that it IS your thread and that you are SELLING a kit. so, i am actually offended by the misdirection of your "ire". to me. perhaps you should ask ATROX not to ask any question in your thread unrelated to the sale of your kit?

my last post three posts previous:

"well, his diy IS the "entire" procedure but it isn't as complicated as it *may* appear to be.

i've been reluctant to post any of this info in dave's thread ( apologies dave is this is inappropriate!? ) preferring to post in generic "spoiler" threads,
but these diy's are indeed attributed to "loren's" time honored posts from RL, so hopefully dave wont mind. there is no doubt in my mind that dave's new system is the preferred "fix" for this entire never ending procedure, but hopefully he wont take offense or feel it impinges upon his potential customer base. i can't see why it would, as the oem parts have a "finite" life expectancy, no matter how many times one can successfully refill the canister. that said, here are the diy pics ( only one would post.. strange...? ) and it is really very easy to re-fill. it just takes patience to equalize both sides, and i'm certain that's the cause for anyone that has difficulty replicating the process.

it wont allow me to post the gif(?) of the actual step- by step but if you've seen it, thats all there is to it.

you just need to remove the decklid from the car, flip it over and refill the canister that holds the hyd fluid and activate it a few times with a 12v power source to ensure they deploy and retract evenly a few times, before you re-install the decklid and button it up. THIS IS KEY!. gl whichever way you decide to go!"

from atrox: "You need to put a dyi video up on this."

sorry dave, if you feel that sharing info of something included in the owners manual of our cars impinges upon your potential sales base but you earlier said "i love threads like these". but your having changed your mind, is understandable.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:36 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Old 12-21-2015, 11:31 AM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Dave, how many eRam kits are currently in use?
Old 12-21-2015, 11:51 AM
Atrox
Drifting

I for one did not intend to detract from original post. I've posted early in this thread about how impressed/thankful I was for you to engineer a better solution. It's thread content like this that eventually led you to create the solution. I apologize for posting, figured this being the most relevant "spoiler" thread was the best place to get current info.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:11 PM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Atrox
I for one did not intend to detract from original post. I've posted early in this thread about how impressed/thankful I was for you to engineer a better solution. It's thread content like this that eventually led you to create the solution. I apologize for posting, figured this being the most relevant "spoiler" thread was the best place to get current info.
I appreciate your note. Compliment taken!

Mark, I DO appreciate your support for my alternative electric eRam solution.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:19 PM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Dave, how many eRam kits are currently in use?
Carlo, good question - there are 30 eRam kits sold so far. Already 10 from the website launch in about 3 weeks. But it takes time to be found, as the google, duckduckgo, yahoo etc. bots find my site and add keywords to their search database. Good news is that Europe is now catching on, and there is some buzz on facebook. I don't belong to facebook, but may need to set up a Rennkit page! Opinions on that idea??
Old 12-21-2015, 12:32 PM
Atrox
Drifting

Carlo, good question - there are 30 eRam kits sold so far. Already 10 from the website launch in about 3 weeks. But it takes time to be found, as the google, duckduckgo, yahoo etc. bots find my site and add keywords to their search database. Good news is that Europe is now catching on, and there is some buzz on facebook. I don't belong to facebook, but may need to set up a Rennkit page! Opinions on that idea??
Facebook is you're friend. Ton of international owners who post there but are not members here. 996 turbo owners have a specific group.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:12 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

As Atrox wrote. Think a Facebook page is a must do.

Quick Reply: Beta Testers Needed for Electric Spoiler Rams