Sponsored by:

996TT values

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 11:08 PM
Vendetta NY
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rmc1148
People that know money rarely invest in cars.
No truer words, man. Explains why I have more in my garage than I do under my mattress. But my hindsight is like way on point.

-V
Old 10-14-2015, 05:45 PM
beagling
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Default soft market for 996TT in my opinion

I have posted on Rennlist and Craigslist my beautiful 2002 Guards Red TT with 32XXX miles , well documented , 30K service done, clean title , original paint all around, soft back sports seats, minor carbon fiber package, hollow spoke Turbo Twists wheels, Aluminum gauges, almost new Michelin Pilot Sports , always garaged , etc.... I originally posted it at $53K OBO and have since reduced to $49,996. Basically and all I get are low ballers offering $40K . I did get one offer at $45K from a RLer but that was it when I first posted the car and passed thinking I would get many more offers. After having owned and sold low mile 993s within hours of putting the cars up for sale this is certainly more of a challenge . I was thinking that a lower mile, well cared for 996TT would sell fairly fast at close to $50K but maybe the market is more like $45-48K? Thoughts /recommendations?
Old 10-14-2015, 06:03 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Fwiw, if you were local to me I'd definitely take a look at your car at $50k.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:04 PM
TheBucketOfTruth
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by beagling
I have posted on Rennlist and Craigslist
Might as well list it on 6Speed as well since it's free. A lot of other highly trafficked forums couldn't hurt either (Audi, Mercedes, BMW, etc.). When I was in the market for a 996TT I shied away from aerokit cars and only looked for ones with black leather. Red was also not a color I considered. That said, on paper your car sounds quite nice. Just thinking perhaps the way it was ordered means it has a narrower pool of potential buyers than say a grey Turbo with a black interior. I'd say just start marketing it in more places.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:58 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 171 Posts

Now is a tough time to sell. You will almost certainly have better luck in the March timeframe. Seems like northern owners will put their cars up for sale at the end of the driving season rather than storing them for the winter. Although many may look down on it as a selling tool, eBay will get you a truly nationwide audience. True, you may have to field inquiries from some knuckleheads, but you should be able to spot the legitimate buyers when they come along.

I'll keep my thoughts on the actual value of your car to myself. It is a beautiful car, but I might be a bit biased regarding color. Best of luck with the sale!
Old 10-14-2015, 10:39 PM
America
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

@beagling, Don't forget that the 996 is now the cheapest entryway into a 911 and 911 turbo. That bring with it newbies, cheapskates, dreamers, and lowballers. I've owned 3 996tt, 2 997tt, 933tt, and a few NA air cooled cars. My 993tt sold in a few hrs of posting. Wish I got stuck with it, . Would say the 996 buyer is the worst to deal with. After a while I need to know their price before a showing so not to waste time. Your from Norcal, so probably the same lowballers, LOL.

Last edited by America; 10-14-2015 at 11:47 PM.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:51 PM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 404 Likes on 256 Posts

I have posted on Rennlist and Craigslist my beautiful 2002 Guards Red TT with 32XXX miles , well documented , 30K service done, clean title , original paint all around, soft back sports seats, minor carbon fiber package, hollow spoke Turbo Twists wheels, Aluminum gauges, almost new Michelin Pilot Sports , always garaged , etc.... I originally posted it at $53K OBO and have since reduced to $49,996. Basically and all I get are low ballers offering $40K . I did get one offer at $45K from a RLer but that was it when I first posted the car and passed thinking I would get many more offers. After having owned and sold low mile 993s within hours of putting the cars up for sale this is certainly more of a challenge . I was thinking that a lower mile, well cared for 996TT would sell fairly fast at close to $50K but maybe the market is more like $45-48K? Thoughts /recommendations?
I'm curious what year(s) was it that you sold your 993's in hours? Recently? 10 years ago?
Old 10-15-2015, 03:50 AM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Sounds like that may be the case this time of year.
I think yours is worth the asking from the description, hopefully you can hold till spring when people want a new sports car.

Problem with cars in this price range and up that are 10+ years old is lack of qualified buyers that appreciate what they are considering. It is easier for most to plunk down a few grand to lease or buy a newer S/M/AMG something er other, that is easily financed, than to hand over $40-50k large. Many newer cars are close in acceleration "times" so they appeal to the masses, but get waxed at the track.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:35 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

my price point search yesterday to ensure mine, ( with all the attention, care and 132k+ miles ) was still only "worth" 30k at market value, yielded results from hi 20's to well over 80K$

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...es=COUPE&Log=0
Old 10-15-2015, 11:24 AM
Blswan
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

The market down here in Fl is a little stronger and adverse to weather conditions however I see potential buyers of these being countrywide. I have almost the same car that I was going to sell but I've also found I could only unload it for 45k right now. Probably right to wait until Spring. That's what I am going to do and shoot for upper 40s.

Quick Reply: 996TT values