Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 996TT today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2024, 05:33 PM
QwikKotaTX
Burning Brakes

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Reset the airbag light and I poured a little isopropyl alcohol in the passenger seat buckle and sprayed some air afterwards as I did not have any contact cleaner. I put about 35 miles on it and the light never came back on. I was able to use my Foxwell NT630 to show readiness or N/A on all sensors or what have you. A light came on the dash as the tech was performing the inspection but I was in the waiting room looking out a window. Thankfully it was just the decklid open light and it passed. Very glad I did not have to take the seat out and monkey with the connector or install the upgraded pins/ground wires!
Old 08-26-2024, 07:13 PM
Celison
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Tossed some splash guards on the front. You don’t notice them too much since the car is black. I wouldn’t run them at all, but I have 15mm spacers up front and they like to kick up all types of crap. They may grow on me.
Old 08-26-2024, 11:14 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,535 Likes on 1,604 Posts

Originally Posted by Celison
Tossed some splash guards on the front....
Where did you get those?
The following users liked this post:
sdematt (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:30 AM
Celison
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Where did you get those?
A member on here actually makes them (bostang). I found an old thread where he made some carbon ones, then found his same username and the guards on Ebay. I ordered a set, and right after I placed my order it says "no longer available" if you click on the ad, so I imagine I got the last set. They're nice for sure, but I did change the way they're mounted. They are designed to use one of the fender liner bolts, clip behind the fender, then use a small tab of epoxy on the more proximal end by the clips. I didn't want to use epoxy so I drilled out a hole in the guards for another fender liner screw that they originally were covering. With 2 screws holding it in place, it's impossible for it to rotate and have the tabs pop off. It seems odd it wasn't designed this way in the first place. Anyway, I repainted the fender liner screws black so you can't really see it against the carbon. Looks good IMO and offers a lot of protection.

Last edited by Celison; Yesterday at 09:57 AM.
Capt. Obvious (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM
Phteven
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 15 Posts

Cleaned my wheels from years of brake dust, new rear tires and balanced all 4.

sdematt (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM
sdematt
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 283 Posts

My tires had basically no tread on them on the insides and it was starting to get a bit dicey. Only got 20,000 km out of this set of Cup 2's.

Threw on my Carrera rims with a set of Super Sports that have some treat left from 2016...no point getting new tires with only 6 weeks left in the driving season.

Any tire recommendations? I liked the Cup 2's, but maybe a bit much for the driving I'm doing. I'm partial to Michelin, but open to other brands...
Old Yesterday, 01:55 PM
QwikKotaTX
Burning Brakes

Has anyone tried using a Durametric enthusiast cable on more than 3 cars? Someone said the 4th car will still work, just that the 1st car ever used will not. Seems odd.
Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Capt. Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 1,500 Likes on 826 Posts

Once you run out of VINs the cable will still work on other cars but there will be very limited functionality. As in you can scan for codes but you can't clear them, and you can't access any of the advanced functions.
Old Yesterday, 03:13 PM
QwikKotaTX
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Capt. Obvious
Once you run out of VINs the cable will still work on other cars but there will be very limited functionality. As in you can scan for codes but you can't clear them, and you can't access any of the advanced functions.
Ok. Thanks, man.
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM
Phteven
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sdematt
My tires had basically no tread on them on the insides and it was starting to get a bit dicey. Only got 20,000 km out of this set of Cup 2's.

Threw on my Carrera rims with a set of Super Sports that have some treat left from 2016...no point getting new tires with only 6 weeks left in the driving season.

Any tire recommendations? I liked the Cup 2's, but maybe a bit much for the driving I'm doing. I'm partial to Michelin, but open to other brands...
I am also partial to Michelin, but the front Extreme Contact's were in good condition, so I went with 2 new Conti ECS02 for the rear. I would go with Michelin PS4 when all 4 need to be done.
Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,142 Likes on 3,134 Posts

PS4 all the way.
Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM
rufrob
Three Wheelin'

Received 314 Likes on 205 Posts

The chrome reflector inside my headlight is cracking, disturbing the beam and failing the mandatory inspection here. Search for headlight restoration only talk about the lens or washer cap. I think I saw it once but can't find it anywhere now, does anyone have anything on how to restore/replace the chrome high beam reflector?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 996TT today?