Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sale on Sprint Boosters- In Stock for the 996 Turbo!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 01:06 AM
dprantl
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Yes, I have read that before. My question was specific to Porsche and the 996 in particular. You can't assume that our car has the same e-Throttle properties as a 1999 Mercedes.

Oh and just to be clear, my comments have nothing at all to do with anyone who may or may not have purchased this product. IMO that would be ridiculously petty. Please don't mistake attempts at humor as personal attacks.

Furthermore, one does not have to have actually purchased and used such a product in order to be able to comment about its intended purpose when its design and function are pretty clearly defined and documented. The fact that many people may be happy with it is not at all proof that it actually does anything worthwhile.

Dan
Old 10-25-2015, 09:40 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dprantl
Furthermore, one does not have to have actually purchased and used such a product in order to be able to comment about its intended purpose when its design and function are pretty clearly defined and documented. The fact that many people may be happy with it is not at all proof that it actually does anything worthwhile.

Dan
no, it's called circumstantial evidence, and that gets people convicted of crimes every day, so why it might not convince YOU or anyone else that this particular item works as it was intended ( and is advertised to ) calls into question your own motivations for your refusal to believe ( again ) those that HAVE TRIED IT ) and if you think that long term owner/drivers of a car might be imagining a benefit to putting a performance enhancing component on their car, and might in fact be imagining it(?!) rather than actually noticing genuine benefits, then you're not affording them the respect as long term owner/drivers of THESE cars that you probably should. provided you were a reasonable person, with a reasonable degree of deductive reasoning skill that is lol. but ok, you're not. no harm, no foul.

there's currently an opening for "most obstinate person here, absent any supporting D*CKUMENTATION" so, i take it, you're throwing your hat in the ring! cool.

in the meantime, you should try the sprint booster gizmo. it's a GAS.. lol
Old 10-25-2015, 09:53 AM
SteveMFr
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by "02996ttx50
so why you presumed steve, i was addressing you
Ok, your last couple of comments were quite general and sounded like you were addressing everyone who was critical of the sprintbooster.

So, BFF again? Great! That'll give me the opportunity to dispel your misconceptions regarding GW.

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Again you and the others have no first hand experience with the product yet you continue to make critical remarks.
This is true.
I fully agree with both of these statements. I know that I niether want nor need a device that compresses my accelerator pedal travel by 30% and leaves me with 30% dead pedal travel (I have however, driven several non-turbo diesels that would benefit greatly from a sprintbooster. And it would not matter if the last 90% pedal travel remained dead - you'd prob not notice anyway LOL).

Look, as I said, I consider this product to be considerably overpriced for what it is and its function is not only unnecessary, it is detrimental to driving fast. I would not have to try a "brakingbooster" either because I know how difficult it is to precisely modulate my braking within the travel available now.

But, for the umpteenth time, as long as everyone knows exactly what they are getting into and is happy after the purchase, all is good!

A freshly washed car is nearly always faster than a dirty car, so why shouldn't $300 of additional parts make the car faster? This concept seems to work quite well for IPD too... (ducks and runs out)
Old 10-25-2015, 11:28 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Originally Posted by SteveMFr
Ok, your last couple of comments were quite general and sounded like you were addressing everyone who was critical of the sprintbooster.

So, BFF again? Great! That'll give me the opportunity to dispel your misconceptions regarding GW.

This is true.

A freshly washed car is nearly always faster than a dirty car, so why shouldn't $300 of additional parts make the car faster? This concept seems to work quite well for IPD too... (ducks and runs out)
i have little, to no idea what you're even talking about, but given your reference to monies spent? ( the only part of your post which was clearly understandable to me ( perhaps it was the mention of "money" that helped me to understand, given i have such an innate comprehension of "it", that even poorly made references to "it" i am able to fully without help clearly comprehend.

the rest of your post, well, you did at one point or another say your area of expertise had more to do with "automotive" something or other, and at the risk of being presumptuous, i'll just have to assume it isn't "writing" about them, as that would leave a whole lot of "splaining" to do.

so in fairness to us both? and if this meets with your approval? i'll spare us the effort. namely, you writing, and me reading. so please, enjoy your sunday.

..and not for nothin" ( $140.00 USD to me ) the sprint booster turns the ordinarily tepid and *relatively* slow to respond DBW driving experience, all that much more of a GAS!! lol

ADD: in fairness, i only need to add that the roughly 30% of "dead pedal" may end up being to reason i remove it and call it a lost $140.00 USD experiment. that decision has not yet been made. but could well be.i do have a +/- column i'm working with, this being so important and all lol
Old 10-25-2015, 12:27 PM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

..and not for nothin" ( $140.00 USD to me ) the sprint booster turns the ordinarily tepid and *relatively* slow to respond DBW driving experience, all that much more of a GAS!! lol

ADD: in fairness, i only need to add that the roughly 30% of "dead pedal" may end up being to reason i remove it and call it a lost $140.00 USD experiment. l

I'm sorry I must have missed something. What is $140?........isn't the cost $295?
Old 10-25-2015, 12:54 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,531 Likes on 1,600 Posts

...... The fact that many people may be happy with it is not at all proof that it actually does anything worthwhile.

Dan
It makes the people that bought it happy. Doesn't that make it worthwhile for them? Isn't that all that really matters?
Old 10-25-2015, 02:30 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ridin Dirty
I'm sorry I must have missed something. What is $140?........isn't the cost $295?
It was bought second hand for $140.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:03 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

yes, 140. new in no box lol...

and sometimes you just cant make other people happy with a part that they themselves didn't buy for someone else LOL
Old 10-25-2015, 03:11 PM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

yes, 140. new in no box lol...

"NEWMAN!!!!!!"
Old 10-25-2015, 04:11 PM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 128 Posts

Guys STOP being NEGATIVE and get a life
Old 10-25-2015, 06:54 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ridin Dirty
"NEWMAN!!!!!!"
This device has received reviews which are just as good as the Sprint Booster and it offers far more throttle map adjustability. The person listing it is the actual manufacturer in China. Offer him $140. He just might take it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electronic-T...lUGF5z&vxp=mtr
Old 10-25-2015, 09:26 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 173 Posts

Old 10-31-2015, 09:52 AM
Ridin Dirty
Burning Brakes

(.......Slight horse resurrection)

So I purchased one of these and put it in last night. I cannot see a difference in response. Oh it feels like you've floored it all the time sure (but that wasn't my interest) jury still out on the claimed decreased response time from pedal to throttle body. That's what it's really supposed to do. hhhhmmmmm. Still testing.....idk maybe. I'll report back in a few days.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 128 Posts

Just drive it some more in red mode
Old 11-01-2015, 10:26 PM
geetee
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

although the SB has 3 settings(including stock), if you want it slightly less sensitive you can use the SB tiptronic version. If you want it max sensitive, go with the manual version. They are both interchangeable with either transmissions

Quick Reply: Sale on Sprint Boosters- In Stock for the 996 Turbo!