Sponsored by:

Silicone Coolant Hose Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 06:31 PM
L Gancho
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silicone Coolant Hose Kit

Been looking for a silicone coolant hose kit for our cars. Checked with Samco, Venair, etc... for some help, with no luck. Anyone know of any supplier who offers such a kit? Had a hose blowout in the engine compartment this past weekend on the track and want to ensure this doesn't happen again. For all you guys tracking your cars, beware! This could prove to be disastrous on the track, not only for high engine temp. but as we all know, coolant and tires don't mix too well at the track. Running straight water is not an option considering it is a street car with some DE's and not an all out track car.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:26 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

EVOMS had a kit....may be more than you want?

Also found some on FVD
Old 10-15-2008, 08:23 PM
R5 Turbo 2
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Driving a street car on a racetrack with anti freeze is like buying a house with no money down.....it will cause other people pain soon! Yes, you do have an option....drain it an run water and water wetter.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:26 PM
L Gancho
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Stat. The Evoms kit looks like it's strictly for the turbo's. Saw the ones on FVD, so I'll check with them in the morning. The problem is, the bunch of "formed" hoses with qd's on them, etc... I'll keep looking. I think this would be a great upgrade for our turbo's, considering the additional heat dry rotting the rubber hoses. I'm also going to replace the overflow/expansion tank as well.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

Porsche has redesigned the water hoses.. The new updated hoses have a 997TT part number.

Basically they reinforced the tab/clip area. This prevents the wire clip from cutting into the locking tab.

WARNING>> The clips that secure the water hoses to the connections are different!!!!! IF you mix them up you will have a 100% hose failure..
Old 10-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought my silicon hoses from AWE about a year ago. Better price than most at that time.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kevin: What do you mean by ....WARNING>> The clips that secure the water hoses to the connections are different!!!!! IF you mix them up you will have a 100% hose failure..

Clips on the old hoses or clips on the new hoses? Could you clarify that statement? Are the new hose connectors different?
Old 10-18-2008, 03:10 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

Both... If you take the clips off your hose connection now or later and "mix" them up regardless of "hoses" > new or used = no difference.. You will have a failure.

Quick Reply: Silicone Coolant Hose Kit