Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultimate Motorwerks new K24 HyFlow turbocharger

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Red9
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kevin -- I am with BuddyG and Rafiki( very sensible Aussie!) here. Please do not take offense at the questions- because none is intended.Your work and contribution here is tremendous to helping many interested parties understand more and your expertise I do not believe is being questioned. What I can say-- you have a clear idea of what you have-- but it would be helpfull to lay that out .Perhaps a list eg Stock Ki6 = ? HP
Stock K16 with ??? == ?HP
16ZC=?? ETC ETC
To outline what you have in the variations of turbos and brief outline of what else is modified to achieve etc. I do not want to expose you to a debate in this-- more to understand the progression of your turbos and their abilities ( and your packages)
In relation to 993 T - apart from fitting- do the same spec turbos apply and what would the difference be in end HP expectancy?
Old 10-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 322 Likes on 222 Posts

Red9 I don't have stock K16.. While I have Z/C'd stock K16's and K24's for a few race teams, a step up to a higher output turbochargers would be "better"

If it is still confusing to you guys.. Call me and talk to me.. 360.805-9066
Old 10-04-2007, 12:23 AM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Kevin, it would be very cool to see a spreadsheet posted with the following column headings:

Turbo Name....Compressor & Mods....Turbine & Mods...ZC'd...Characteristics...Other Comments

Comments/Characterestics that included things like: efficiency range, Boost Onset RPM, MAX Crank RPM (to stay within efficiency range) etc would be very interesting and informative. As brilliant as I am I'm finding it difficult to keep straight much longer than the time it takes me to read your explanation. It would be great to see some stock K16 & 24s thrown in there along with some K26s and event a GT28 and GT30 . This is starting to sound like a lot to ask for, and will more than likely cause the few PMS'ers to get a little cranky (but what's new). None the less I think it would be a valuable compilation of information that few would be capable of tackling.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:40 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by Zippy
Kevin, it would be very cool to see a spreadsheet posted with the following column headings:

Turbo Name....Compressor & Mods....Turbine & Mods...ZC'd...Characteristics...Other Comments

Comments/Characterestics that included things like: efficiency range, Boost Onset RPM, MAX Crank RPM (to stay within efficiency range) etc would be very interesting and informative. As brilliant as I am I'm finding it difficult to keep straight much longer than the time it takes me to read your explanation. It would be great to see some stock K16 & 24s thrown in there along with some K26s and event a GT28 and GT30 . This is starting to sound like a lot to ask for, and will more than likely cause the few PMS'ers to get a little cranky (but what's new). None the less I think it would be a valuable compilation of information that few would be capable of tackling.
+1...even without all of the suggestions after your underlined items above.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:59 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 322 Likes on 222 Posts

Zippy, basically you are asking my to hand over the golden keys to a successful turbocharger design.. First off, what is the HP goal.. You need a target before you design a turbocharger.. Once you have those goals, you have to find out what your engine RPM is, and what is the purpose or use of the car/engine.. Do you have a drag car, track car or street car... All requiring different turbocharger designs.

Our engines are a big air pump, we find the requirements from 1000 RPM's and graph it to our engine redline.. For instance, the GT28 turbine wheel is "Smaller" than a K16 turbine wheel.. However, by design it has a larger compressor wheel.. Infact it's larger than most K24 compressor wheels..

While finding the correct turbine wheel size is key, one will then have to spend enough time machining and flowing the turbine housings.

Finding all the wheel sizes and specs is just half of the equation.. And then once you have it.. How are you going to tune it.. Or have enough Fuel or large enough injector. Then what do you do about your MAF.. Once you start building the hybrid turbochargers it is very easy to max out all the system components.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:44 AM
MGS996
Racer

Kevin, I think the general opinion is your technology and design options are moving faster than your website updates. Which is great….it shows you focus your efforts at the HP end of your business rather than the marketing end. I am sure the guys are asking for a straight forward update on the packages and options available.

Cheers
Mark
Old 10-04-2007, 10:40 AM
BuddyG
Burning Brakes

Received 240 Likes on 118 Posts

Kevin thanks for the dyno sheets, I am not interested in all the guts just a simple

Stage 2 ZC = x hp
Stage 3 = x hp
Stage 4 = x hp

Thanks!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:06 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Guys..you just don't get it? Call Kevin...he will find out what you want and question you on what you want....then explain the options...this is what he does (and does it well). You are looking for some cookbook answer and Kevin wants to build something specifically for you. Why do you keep asking for this listing like a grocery store...As he has already said, call him.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:30 PM
TXGold
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BuddyG
Kevin thanks for the dyno sheets, I am not interested in all the guts just a simple

Stage 2 ZC = x hp
Stage 3 = x hp
Stage 4 = x hp

Thanks!
Likewise!
Keep kicking butt Kev.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:00 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by BuddyG

Stage 2 ZC = x hp
Stage 3 = x hp
Stage 4 = x hp

Thanks!
This is ridiculous (not a personal attack buddy)...you don't just take the turbo without other components and make hp claims (well you can and create all kinds of BS).

Do any of you guys own a phone? If not use VOIP...call Kevin, he will be more than happy to discuss options specifically for your car. That is what he does...he is not Walmart. This is what makes his service so special. He will really get you to what YOU want. STOP asking for generic information...please.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Motorwerks new K24 HyFlow turbocharger