Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gt2 numbers before/after Orton flash

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 06:24 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Jean, I must apolgize, I must be a very dim witted individual. I never said it was an exact science, I am merely trying to show improvement, if any, after a modification. In this case, the exhaust (Europipe II quiet). Forgive me for not calling members of NASA to make sure that the information is indisputable. If the car ran an 8.1 without the exhaust and a 7.84 with an exhaust, on the same stretch of road, in the same conditions, temp, fuel load, that's as close as I can get. In fact, I believe in this case the slope was slightly less, but negligible at best. From now on, I'll just keep the information to myself and let everyone else learn for themselves. I don't have the time or energy to justify free information.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:25 PM
KPG
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jean
9 Eleven

An impact of a couple of tenths is very difficult to attribute to any modification, unless it is run consistently a few times before and after mods, on the same stretch.

I would start by overlaying both runs on top of each other on the same graph and look for shift times and long Gs during those shifts and RPMs before making any conclusions. Better still I would overlay long Gs vs. speed rather than speed vs time.

If the difference was larger, slope might not be a factor to determine this or that mod impact, but a couple of tenths is the sort of inconsistency that any of us gets during two different runs with the same exact setup.. Not saying it is not the exhaust effect, rather just that it might not be that simple.
Jean,for what it is worth, Mario's avg G's over the course of both single shift runs were .40Gs before and .42Gs after. Here is the graph of his best run previously of 8.10 and his current 7.84.
Attached Images  
Old 10-29-2007, 06:28 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by KPG
TB, how does anyone with an AX22 know if his data is correct in regards to slope? I guess I was under the impression it could show the height. I do realize the Dbox/Pbox has some height issues although those have been resolved to my satisfaction by the tech at Vbox USA, but it is better than not having any height reference at all How do we know ANY AX22 run is accurate. At least the Pbox can post a height line and any one viewing it can decide for themselves whether it is legit or not....
I agree - a big advantage to the DB/PB
Old 10-29-2007, 06:31 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TB993tt
You seem a very angry person
No, I really am a very friendly guy; I'll give you the shirt off my back if you need it. I just don't appreciate some of the comments and scrutiny when I'm out here doing this so we can all learn. I'm not getting paid to advertise any of this stuff; I wish someone else would try to do this crazy crap. Trying to find a flat piece of road, no cops, no traffic, and run the **** out of the car, and then pass the scrutiny test on this forum isn't worth my time, effort, risk and wear and tear on my car. I give up; I pass the baton to you all. Good luck.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:32 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by KPG
Jean,for what it is worth, Mario's avg G's over the course of both single shift runs were .40Gs before and .42Gs after. Here is the graph of his best run previously of 8.10 and his current 7.84.
I should of shifter later. I really believe that shift is the result of a slipping clutch. I bet I lost a tenth or so because of that. It's time for a new one, any suggestions? I'm still not sure if I want to go LWF or stay with the DMFW. How about some free advice for a change.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:37 PM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by 9Eleven
No, I really am a very friendly guy; I'll give you the shirt off my back if you need it. I just don't appreciate some of the comments and scrutiny when I'm out here doing this so we can all learn. I'm not getting paid to advertise any of this stuff; I wish someone else would try to do this crazy crap. Trying to find a flat piece of road, no cops, no traffic, and run the **** out of the car, and then pass the scrutiny test on this forum isn't worth my time, effort, risk and wear and tear on my car. I give up; I pass the baton to you all. Good luck.
Mario, dont give up. You can always go Protomotive and Jean will never question any of your results
Old 10-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 549 Posts

Yea you're right, I was trying to get one over on everyone, I went out and looked for a downhill slope so I could "fool" everyone.
Do you see any part of my post addressed to you, or to any of your specific numbers?? I was replying to TB993TT's comment made to KPG concerning the issue of determining the effects of different variables. It's that simple.

This coming from a guy who has never attempted ANYTHING in his car and provided any supporting data. Nothing, nada, zero. Take some advice Dock, do more; talk less. Dock, if you're ever in Maryland, please send me a pm, I would love to meet you, and bring your car, I've got a feeling it has never seen triple digits.
You know, I can't think of even one rational reason why anyone would ever post something like this. This is not to say I can't think of any reasons why someone would post something like this, it's just that none of them are justifiable or rational reasons...
Old 10-29-2007, 06:44 PM
KPG
Pro

I should of shifter later. I really believe that shift is the result of a slipping clutch. I bet I lost a tenth or so because of that. It's time for a new one, any suggestions? I'm still not sure if I want to go LWF or stay with the DMFW. How about some free advice for a change.
I sure like my LWFW but it has been some time since I have used it. I would think there are enough cars near you that you can get a test drive in a car with that setup. It sure is subjective so the best bet is to try it out yourself. Porsche did put a LWFW on the GT3RS....
Old 10-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts

9Eleven

The feedback and opinions that you are being given are just like any other discussion, and to provide another point of vue simply, you are being too defensive about them, there is no reason at all. If after doing the due diligence you believe it is the exhaust impact, then that's great, could be certainly true We have all been sharing data for years here.

KPG, grow up.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:06 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dock
Do you see any part of my post addressed to you, or to any of your specific numbers?? I was replying to TB993TT's comment made to KPG concerning the issue of determining the effects of different variables. It's that simple.

You know, I can't think of even one rational reason why anyone would ever post something like this. This is not to say I can't think of any reasons why someone would post something like this, it's just that none of them are justifiable or rational reasons...
Jesus Dock, you just don't get it do you? If you really believe that it is unreasonable that anyone would think that your comment would not be directed towards them is delusional. Why is that irrational? You live in Atlanta, I live in Maryland. If you ever come up here, send me a pm and I'll show you I4 so you can run your car and show me how to go in each direction and get a perfect run. The only irrational thing about that statement is the possibility of you ever attempting it on I4 or any other road. Please Doc, do something other than deflect. Run your car and show us noobs how it's done.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:12 PM
KPG
Pro

KPG, grow up.
Sure thing, right around when you start treating all data equally. BTW, I now find it truly laughable that you had the ***** to trash some of the Pbox "underwater" runs when all along you have no idea of the heights on the AX22.... typical. Cheers.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:16 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

9Eleven

The feedback and opinions that you are being given are just like any other discussion, and to provide another point of vue simply, you are being too defensive about them, there is no reason at all. If after doing the due diligence you believe it is the exhaust impact, then that's great, could be certainly true We have all been sharing data for years here.

KPG, grow up.
Jean, those comments aren't discussion or feedback; they are disguised scrutiny. I wasn't born yesterday, and it comes from the same usual suspects. I find it strange that if certain other members claims an acceleration time, it it met with congratulations and great job. Why would you be confused if the exhaust made a difference? If I believe it to be true, I must be crazy in the Jean world of facts? BTW, the grow up KPG comment did make me laugh, although there is a subtle truth to his assertion. You are a big Protomotive fan and rightly so, they built your car.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts

KPG, grow up and take your medication. Some day, you will get an engine you can brag about too.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 549 Posts

9Eleven - You need to work on your reading comprehension.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:25 PM
KPG
Pro

KPG, grow up and take your medication. Some day, you will get an engine you can brag about too.
I'll save the little blue pills for you. Actually, that may just happen sometime. I can brag about getting a new oil pump installed, new crank bearings installed, heads that were cleaned before they were installed....the things that should be done in an engine build.

Quick Reply: Gt2 numbers before/after Orton flash