Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gt2 numbers before/after Orton flash

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007 | 10:26 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by KPG
Ummm... how is this done. You are questioning slope on the Pbox and now we find out the AX22 doesnt have height data to review. How do you know if a run is neg slope?
Bueller.......Bueller.........Bueller..........
Old 10-29-2007 | 10:57 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dock
9Eleven - You need to work on your reading comprehension.
You need to go drive your car and stop the inane comments that only your delusional mind can decipher.
Old 10-29-2007 | 11:12 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 9Eleven
You need to go drive your car and stop the inane comments that only your delusional mind can decipher.
English must not be your first language.
Old 10-29-2007 | 11:30 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dock
English must not be your first language.
There you go drinking your internet whiskey and getting brave on your keyboard. Dock, if you ever met me, there isn't enough whiskey that you could drink that would make you either brave or stupid enough to insult me in person. I'm available if you ever want to test your manhood, but I feel that if you don't even have the courage to run your car, you surely don't have enough to insult me in person. A man has got to know his limitations, and I'm here to tell you that you reached yours several posts ago.
Old 10-30-2007 | 12:24 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

...but I feel that if you don't even have the courage to run your car, you surely don't have enough to insult me in person.
Right. Read your posts again and see who laid out the personal comments. So it gets a little hot in the kitchen and you can't take it. I'm not surprised in the least.

I make a comment to another person on this forum, a comment having nothing to do with your personal car, you personally, or your personal numbers achieved in your car. It was a comment concerning the variables that are encountered in these tests, for ANYBODY running the test. TB993TT asked a valid question about variables...I agreed with him, in a post directed to him, not to you. What don't you get about this? Why is this so hard to understand? Why did you take it personally?? What do you do instead? You post all sorts of comments about me that have no bearing at all on my original post. What's the burr in your saddle? All you seem to do is fly off the handle...I'm sorry for those that have to live and work around you.
Old 10-30-2007 | 12:27 AM
MidnighTT
Racer

If memory serves, one or two of the combatants in this thread were also involved in the last rennlist flamefest. Interesting trend, and duly noted. Personal attacks can only degrade the forum. Please take it to PMs or drop it.

Jeff
Old 10-30-2007 | 02:25 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'm available if you ever want to test your manhood, but I feel that if you don't even have the courage to run your car, you surely don't have enough to insult me in person. A man has got to know his limitations, and I'm here to tell you that you reached yours several posts ago.
Bueller.......Bueller.........Bueller..........
wow. I don't think Dock insulted you nor what do your posted times have to do with him driving his car?

The level and tone of the conversation has dropped again to the same lows. I think you posted hoping for feedback (or out of philanthropic desire) and I hope you got some useful information at least.

Of course you can calculate slope on the AX22, you just need to know how!
Old 10-30-2007 | 06:38 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KPG
Ummm... how is this done. You are questioning slope on the Pbox and now we find out the AX22 doesnt have height data to review. How do you know if a run is neg slope?
Originally Posted by Jean
This is why Jean ended up being the nominated "AX22 run verifier" because he knows how to check for slope. I am too lazy to find out how, like 9Eleven I just head for the flattest stretch I can see......
Old 10-30-2007 | 09:51 AM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jean
wow. I don't think Dock insulted you nor what do your posted times have to do with him driving his car?

The level and tone of the conversation has dropped again to the same lows. I think you posted hoping for feedback (or out of philanthropic desire) and I hope you got some useful information at least.

I've got a couple a rocket scientist friends of mine who will be looking at those calculations to see how accurate they are. Of course, in the name of science. Dock, please do us a favor, just go out and show us how it's done, we all await your results. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to "get together." I can only imagine the frustration that people have to bare that are forced to have to work or speak to you on a daily basis. I'm sure if they could, they would just walk away. The experience must be mind numbing.
Old 10-30-2007 | 09:54 AM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by TB993tt
This is why Jean ended up being the nominated "AX22 run verifier" because he knows how to check for slope. I am too lazy to find out how, like 9Eleven I just head for the flattest stretch I can see......
OK, can someone post an AX22 graph with height data overlayed. It doesnt matter whose graph it is. I guess I thought transparency was what you guys were striving to achieve. TB, I am sure you head for the flattest strectch of road, but it seems almost everyone finds a downhill road. I have been driving recently looking for good spots with my navigation GPS that shows height and most of the stretches my eye tells me are flat the satellites tell me otherwise. It can be decieving, that is why we should see the AX22 data in all fairness.
Old 10-30-2007 | 10:26 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KPG
OK, can someone post an AX22 graph with height data overlayed. It doesnt matter whose graph it is. I guess I thought transparency was what you guys were striving to achieve. TB, I am sure you head for the flattest strectch of road, but it seems almost everyone finds a downhill road. I have been driving recently looking for good spots with my navigation GPS that shows height and most of the stretches my eye tells me are flat the satellites tell me otherwise. It can be decieving, that is why we should see the AX22 data in all fairness.
I don't think it will allow the height to be overlaid (as on the DB) - hence why Jean has to dig deeper into the available data. We started doing the verification bewteen ourselves because as you say it is hard to spot a slope (over the length of a 60-130 run) sometimes - It became more "competitive" as other people submitted their best downhill runs to see what they could get away with - such is competitive human nature.
I'm not going to name names but some of the AX runs I have seen, the car would have done a 60-130 without an engine

Now the game has moved on so far on RL with the spectacular "sprint" engines of people like Markski (996tt) and Jussi (993tt) the competition side of it has been dulled as one cannot compare a motor built to last race hours with a motor built to give Porsche type longevity -so 60-130 is more of a personal thing for establishing how effective your mods are, current state of tune etc....all IMO
Old 10-30-2007 | 10:34 AM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Can we unanimously agree to give 9eleven undisputed bragging rights to be in effect so long as he does not miss a Prozac dose?
9 man, read your posts again. You are either not getting laid, have real anger managemet issues, suffer from a narcissistic personality disorder, or are just an egomaniac. Ask your scientist friends about serotonin uptake inhibitors. You won't regret it.
Dock wasn't out of line (and is totally in character as a somewhat acerbic realist). Your rant boarders on a little bit nuts. Just my medical opinion. Tomorrow will be a better day. AS
Old 10-30-2007 | 10:35 AM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TB993tt
I don't think it will allow the height to be overlaid (as on the DB) - hence why Jean has to dig deeper into the available data. We started doing the verification bewteen ourselves because as you say it is hard to spot a slope (over the length of a 60-130 run) sometimes - It became more "competitive" as other people submitted their best downhill runs to see what they could get away with - such is competitive human nature.
I'm not going to name names but some of the AX runs I have seen, the car would have done a 60-130 without an engine

Now the game has moved on so far on RL with the spectacular "sprint" engines of people like Markski (996tt) and Jussi (993tt) the competition side of it has been dulled as one cannot compare a motor built to last race hours with a motor built to give Porsche type longevity -so 60-130 is more of a personal thing for establishing how effective your mods are, current state of tune etc....all IMO
Great! Show us what the slope was on your various runs and show us how you arrived at your figure, since we are all striving for transparency.
Old 10-30-2007 | 10:41 AM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Alexander Stemer
Can we unanimously agree to give 9eleven undisputed bragging rights to be in effect so long as he does not miss a Prozac dose?
9 man, read your posts again. You are either not getting laid, have real anger managemet issues, suffer from a narcissistic personality disorder, or are just an egomaniac. Ask your scientist friends about serotonin uptake inhibitors. You won't regret it.
Dock wasn't out of line (and is totally in character as a somewhat acerbic realist). Your rant boarders on a little bit nuts. Just my medical opinion. Tomorrow will be a better day. AS
Sorry to disappoint you, but I do not suffer from any of the disorders that you assert. I do suffer from the same individuals that question everything I post with no evidence to support it and even worse, having never tried it for themselves. It is easy to criticize from your keyboard; go out and do something. Your post describing your diagnoses does make any medical creditials that you may have suspect at best; make sure your malpractice insurance is current.
Old 10-30-2007 | 03:06 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I've got a couple a rocket scientist friends of mine who will be looking at those calculations to see how accurate they are. Of course, in the name of science. .
Originally Posted by KPG
OK, can someone post an AX22 graph with height data overlayed. It doesnt matter whose graph it is. I guess I thought transparency was what you guys were striving to achieve.... I have been driving recently looking for good spots with my navigation GPS that shows height and most of the stretches my eye tells me are flat the satellites tell me otherwise. It can be decieving, that is why we should see the AX22 data in all fairness.
Great! Show us what the slope was on your various runs and show us how you arrived at your figure, since we are all striving for transparency.
Originally Posted by KPG
TB, so how does one go about evaluating a run if slope cannot be determined in the AX22?
Originally Posted by KPG
Originally Posted by KPG
Sure thing, right around when you start treating all data equally. BTW, I now find it truly laughable that you had the ***** to trash some of the Pbox "underwater" runs when all along you have no idea of the heights on the AX22.... typical. Cheers.
I like this last one specially

Woodster's 60-130mph AX 22 run in 6.7 seconds with altitude scale and graph. About 0.6meters drop (that's european scale), seems like he found a flat stretch . Oh, the altitude scale is the red line on the left of the chart.

This is the easy way, the rocket science way that I do is for more accuracy than GPS, which do not measure altitude accurately sometimes.

Sorry to disappoint you, you probably laughed too fast.

Quick Reply: Gt2 numbers before/after Orton flash