Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gt2 numbers before/after Orton flash

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 03:27 PM
KPG
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jean, I'm not laughing. Just looking for some transparency, glad you could provide some. Hopefully more graphs will have the height displayed. It is in everyones interest to provide all the data.....
Old 10-30-2007, 04:04 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Great! Would you be so kind as to post the graph of TB's run? BTW Jean, I just want to know how you arrived at those calculations, I have an interest in how it's done, not because I'm doubting your numbers; just trying to learn.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by KPG
Jean, I'm not laughing. Just looking for some transparency, glad you could provide some. Hopefully more graphs will have the height displayed. It is in everyones interest to provide all the data.....
Good try KPG, and..likewise:
Originally Posted by KPG
Glad to see your sense of humor is intact

Transparency and data is what we have been doing and posting for 4 years before some here had anything close to 500BHP or even owned a Porsche, let alone knew what a datalogger could do.

It is very difficult for some to understand that the only interest in the "scrutiny" is the lookout for the real reasons behind a certain performance, any tuner alike, could be shifting, slope, temperature, or simply an improperly calibrated unit. Small minds can take these as personal attacks, but as long as it gets them thinking for a minute at home whether there is some truth to what they have been told, we're all winners.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 9Eleven
BTW Jean, I just want to know how you arrived at those calculations, I have an interest in how it's done, not because I'm doubting your numbers; just trying to learn.
Glad to see that you have calmed down a bit.

What calculations? This is a graph from the tool itself.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:29 PM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by Jean
Transparency and data is what we have been doing and posting for 4 years before some here had anything close to 500BHP or even owned a Porsche, let alone knew what a datalogger could do.

It is very difficult for some to understand that the only interest in the "scrutiny" is the lookout for the real reasons behind a certain performance, any tuner alike, could be shifting, slope, temperature, or simply an improperly calibrated unit. Small minds can take these as personal attacks, but as long as it gets them thinking for a minute at home whether there is some truth to what they have been told, we're all winners.
The problem with your idea of scrutiny is that it is a one way street. We all need to provide whatever it is YOU ask, but God forbid anyone asks YOU about your data, Jussi does comes to mind. When I or someone else asks for something from you then it is a series of defelections and " I dont need to prove anything to anyone" or personal attacks. BTW, I am still touched by the most recent thread you ruined where you said you will not respond to personal attacks...I guess you only issue them. Your sanctimonious, holier than thou attitude is getting old. Well, at least something has been accomplished since you will be sure to post heights on all your graphs now...right.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by KPG
When I or someone else asks for something from you then it is a series of defelections and " I dont need to prove anything to anyone" or personal attacks.
Just curious, what do you think I am hiding during my runs and the reason for my "defelections"?
Originally Posted by KPG
Well, at least something has been accomplished since you will be sure to post heights on all your graphs now...right.
Much more than what you think has been accomplished.
Wanna bet I don't post any heights and keep hiding?
Old 10-30-2007, 07:03 PM
KPG
Pro

Just curious, what do you think I am hiding during my runs and the reason for my "defelections"?
Nope, that would not be money well spent......
Old 10-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by KPG
Sure thing, right around when you start treating all data equally. BTW, I now find it truly laughable that you had the ***** to trash some of the Pbox "underwater" runs when all along you have no idea of the heights on the AX22.... typical. Cheers.
Don't be upset, here is my fastest underwater run KPG, 3.6 seconds 60-130mph, no shifts, just how you like them. 1.18 Bar, slight downward slope not worth mentioning, no satellite dropouts, therefore verified, right? .

Run made close to the dead sea in Jordan, lowest point on Earth, 90 degrees F.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:30 PM
KPG
Pro

Nice graph....BTW, didnt they teach you about automatic transmissions in 60-130 school. If you had read the post you would have known that before professing your ingorance... not too smart, huh. Here is some help...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_transmission You might want to look up shift kits and clutch packs as well.....
Old 10-30-2007, 07:31 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

In all fairness Jean, all I want to see is the TB graph, since it was he that broached the subject. BTW, I thought there was a calculation formula that you had to follow to come up with the slope reading on the AX22, I didn't know it was programmed into the machine. Finally, I did make some less than neighborly comments to some of the members on this forum, I will blame my passion for seeking the truth. When I perceive that my veracity is questioned I can get some what vicious. I must say this; the forum hasn’t been this lively in quite a while, so I got that going for us.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 10-30-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:32 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Don't be upset, here is my fastest underwater run KPG, 3.6 seconds 60-130mph, no shifts, just how you like them. 1.18 Bar, slight downward slope not worth mentioning, no satellite dropouts, therefore verified, right? .

Run made close to the dead sea in Jordan, lowest point on Earth, 90 degrees F.

Oh wait a minute, looks like a 5 foot of slope, you should of run it the other way and averaged the two.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Mario

There are several calculations that I use alternatively , off the system. The altitude here is not programmed into the machine, it is simply read by the GPS, same as the Dbox and others.

Edit: For a second there I thought you had recovered your senses.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:54 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Mario

There are several calculations that I use alternatively , off the system. The altitude here is not programmed into the machine, it is simply read by the GPS, same as the Dbox and others.

Edit: For a second there I thought you had recovered your senses.
Whoops, must of read my last post.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 10-30-2007 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:04 PM
MidnighTT
Racer

Speaking of RTFM, can someone who *has* a manual please look up and post the relative altitude accuracy spec for the Racelogic products? Same for the AX22 if altitude data is made available to the user.

Jeff
Old 10-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 774 Likes on 549 Posts

Here is some information for the Racelogic DL2...excerpt from http://www.race-technology.com/uploa...uality%206.pdf

3.1. Altitude

Altitude is available from the DL2, but as discussed elsewhere, vertical errors from any GPS system (including the DL2) are typically twice that compared with horizontal error. This means that vertical errors for a standalone GPS system are in the range 3m-6m, although this can obviously be reduced using the differential system.

Quick Reply: Gt2 numbers before/after Orton flash