Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed V-Flow Intake, Now in Limp Mode.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 12:23 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 773 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by 9Eleven
No, I suggest you read the entire thread again...The point has been made at nauseum....
How does reading the entire thread again offer any additional information about a specific (RMS versus MAF) that was first brought up in post #104??
Old 09-18-2006, 12:36 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Where did you get that dyno sheet? I could not find any dyno sheet on their website. Performed by whom? What type of dyno? In what type of enviroment? Which pull was done first? What was the time lapse between pulls? What type of car was used? Was it the same car for both pulls? Was the car that was used modified? Why are the torque numbers read at a higher rpm for the additional 15 ft/lbs of torque? A lot of room for discrepencies and manipulation.
The dyno sheet is from my dyno. We used an employee’s car I had that was bone stock. This was the only vehicle we had at the time to test that was stock. It was an 02 with less than 10Kmiles on it.

It is a Mustang 500SE dyno.

Yes, the pulls were done the same in all the runs. We ran 5 minute intervals until the base lines overlapped with the base for that run. The program prints the numbers on the sheet at max RPM. Which is why the number change. All runs were done in 4th which is closest to 1:1.

Don’t read this the wrong way but I don’t mess around when it comes to dynos. I have watched to many people jabbed in the eye by living from one dyno to the other. We tested these back to back in the course of a day. It was not a 5 minute swap and test setup. We spend a lot of time watching the PST2 to make sure that each run falls in the last runs parameters such as intake temps, oil/coolant temps and even the engine bay temp. I use a forward fan that moves about 60MPH of wind an engine fan and two high capacity blower fans in the ducts forward facing for the intercooler.

I reran these test several times. I did not believe them. I ultimately ran a unit in my car. I have not tested the intake at any other level or with any other mod. The design of the airbox is really nothing new. Porsche uses something similar in the GT3 cup car in light of the venture. As far as a MAF, I do not believe they run one. I is MAP based. Most of the lower HP cars meaning under the 650 mark have not shown a lot of issues unless the MAF was failing to begin with. Early production showed oil was a problem which introduced a new filter design. Later the high HP kits on some cars caused issue with the MAF, not related to the box and was present albeit less with the stock box setup. . Again, not all cars show the issue at all, some can’t get around it.

Hope this helps answer your questions.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:13 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JP Schnitzer
My misadventure with the V flow cost me plenty. In the end I took the V flow out, and went back to the stock box and paper filter....no problems since....When you add up the dollars I spent trying to fix (MAF's, install charges, scan's, shipping, etc) and the mental toll of going to Laguna Seca (a rare opportunity) with a misfiring car...the cost was very high.....It is the one product that really clouds Evo's image...I think they should pull it off the market for their own good, if not to avoid all the BS that owners have to go through.

John,
In all fairness you discovered your issue existed even after the box was removed and was not related to the V-flow.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:53 PM
shane.emc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Intake Update:

I called the place I purchased the intake from Friday to return it. They said they would have to get back to me in about an hour. Well Monday has now rolled around and no phone call. So I called vividracing again and told the guy on the phone that I wanted to return the intake since it doesn't work correctly on my car. He asked if I installed it and I said yes. He then said I can't return it because it's been used. I explained that the product does not work as advertised, causes my car to go into limp mode, and that I will need to get a full refund. The guy then said his systems are down and he will have to give me a call back later. I then reminded him that last time I called somebody told me they would call me back later and never did. I asked when I would get a call back and he said he was not sure.

If these guys think they are going to try to stiff me for this intake then they are sadly mistaken.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:17 PM
shane.emc
Advanced

The product is going back. I spoke to Dan at Vividracing who is also a member of the forum. He was very helpful and didn't give me any grief about returning the product. Vividracing no longer sells evo products so maybe that's a clue as to how well these intakes work.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shane.emc
Vividracing no longer sells evo products so maybe that's a clue as to how well these intakes work.
Did you ask him why they don't sell EVO products any longer?
Old 09-18-2006, 06:18 PM
shane.emc
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dock
Did you ask him why they don't sell EVO products any longer?
I asked but I really didn't get an answer. I'm sure 50% of the people that bought one of these have a pretty good idea why
Old 09-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I'm sure 50% of the people that bought one of these have a pretty good idea why
Without information from the company you bought the V-Flow from, I think it's very presumptuous of you to say that.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:19 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Shane... you have been busy on the forum. We will look at the intake once it is back here. Our systems have been down all day so sorry for the delay. I was under the impression that the intake was installed, car turned on, and Engine Codes thrown. If in fact the intake is used and not working or performing, this is a warranty issue with EVOMS on the product. Before you ship it back, I would HIGHLY suggest shipping it to them or call them for warranty. We cannot credit in full a used product or a product that does not "perform" to expectations. We dont make it. If it is in transit to us, I will take a look at it and go from there.

We dont sell EVO cause we have different business goals. That is all. At the end of the day it is there product and they need to warranty it. You got one of those deals of hey, we dont sell this stuff and I have 1 more new in box, here it is at $200 off MSRP...
Old 09-18-2006, 08:59 PM
shane.emc
Advanced

Originally Posted by vividracing
Shane... you have been busy on the forum. We will look at the intake once it is back here. Our systems have been down all day so sorry for the delay. I was under the impression that the intake was installed, car turned on, and Engine Codes thrown. If in fact the intake is used and not working or performing, this is a warranty issue with EVOMS on the product. Before you ship it back, I would HIGHLY suggest shipping it to them or call them for warranty. We cannot credit in full a used product or a product that does not "perform" to expectations. We dont make it. If it is in transit to us, I will take a look at it and go from there.

We dont sell EVO cause we have different business goals. That is all. At the end of the day it is there product and they need to warranty it. You got one of those deals of hey, we dont sell this stuff and I have 1 more new in box, here it is at $200 off MSRP...
Of course the product is used. I had to use it to find out that it didn't work. This is not a warratny issue. The intake will probably work if you put it in another car since the success rate of the product is 50%. My opinion is that no evo intake installed in my car will work.

I spoke to you on the phone and told you exactly what happened and you can also see from this thread that I did everything that I could to make this work. I also spoke to Mike at Evoms and all he said was to check the connections. I called him back and said it still didn't work. He said I must have a leak someplace that was the end of the troubleshooting on his end. Well I am done testing this piece of **** on my car. I will not put this or any Evo product on my car ever again. I put the stock box back in and not only did it work again but the check engine light turned off. I am sending the intake back to you and expecting a full refund less shipping costs. Anything other than that is unacceptable.

Last edited by shane.emc; 09-18-2006 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

yeah, suck it up and eat it.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:13 PM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by Oak
yeah, suck it up and eat it.
Wow, rough crowd
Old 09-18-2006, 11:27 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Vividracing no longer sells evo products so maybe that's a clue as to how well these intakes work.
We dont sell EVO cause we have different business goals. That is all.
Now we know.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:29 AM
shane.emc
Advanced

Dan,

Unlike Doc I am not here to argue with everybody. I just want a refund and honestly think I should get one. I already shipped it out this afternoon after talking with you so shipping it to Evoms is not an option. I used the product for justs enough time to see if it would work. It's in the same condition as I got it in. I shipped it back in the orignal packaging as requested. You have been very helpful during the whole process and I appreciate the huge discount you gave me. Please see what you can do to help me out on this return. This has been painful enough already.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:35 AM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Dock
Now we know.
Know what? Speak for yourself. "We" don't know anything regarding what, "We have different business goals," may mean. Are you now clairvoyant?

Last edited by 9Eleven; 09-19-2006 at 11:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Installed V-Flow Intake, Now in Limp Mode.