Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSI 996TT dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 07:06 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not "pissing" me off at all. I am not sure what you think is unprofessional about trying to keep to the facts.

Instead of PSI going bankrupt and all the other surrounding stories I have tried to keep a clear head and discuss the original thread. This thread keeps getting off track and the issues are lost. You want to know the facts don’t you? Spinning them will not help the cause. Answering the questions with technical understanding and authority will help. That has not been done. Neil may be the nicest guy in the world but dodging an issue builds no creditability and the fact he was kicked off this board makes it even worse!

Why, well here comes the part that has cause the issues. More spinning. Who is building and tuning what and who is not. This is not an issue with Neil, this is an issue with any “tuner” that spams the boards with products and blovates for a dollar. Where are all the helpful post? The ones about the misfires, the OBD2 codes, all the little things including how do I remove my intercooler and so on. This is why these post are left unanswered.

See it is not about one company it is about proper information and proper perception. I am an owner of several Porsches. I have been for over 20 years. That is my first priority. The “tuners” are what caused me to step in to the business to begin with. My practical experience has lead me to start my company and now hold many national technical positions. I started with helping people, how about some of these tuners do the same? I am not going to list them all out, but if you are touting you are something you are not you will be called out. I am accountable for my work and my actions, others should do the same.

Again Steve I am trying to stick to the facts, accountability and data. I make mistakes like anyone, but you can sure as hell bet that dollar in your pocket I will stand on my head and make it right before it ever becomes an issue. I have received so many different emails and phone calls on this subject it would make your head spin. Things I don’t want to know about these other companies, dyno sheets and so on. This is not my issue nor is productive in helping with establishing a resolution or even acknowledging an issue exist. Just more numbers, look at the numbers!

If the tables were turned and it was your car with that curve you would want to know why and how to fix it. Stick with the facts. This is not a personal attack. Anyone should have to answer questions with accusations like the thread on 6speed and with a bum dyno. Accountability, and that means me as well. Porsche owner or business owner.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:08 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yip! dont get me wrong here the advice that Stephen gives is top notch and I ain't tryin' to make enemies with anyone!

It's just this constant nonsense that's goin down with PSI & Neil that's now becoming tedious!!!
Old 12-13-2005, 07:18 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

Fair enough points, I kinda agree!

But sorry mate, i'm an outsider here and not part of your posse, and I know what's going on, everyone can feel it!

Just one bit of advise, I run my own business with a small staff of 6 and have done for 16 years now, we all make mistakes nobody can't say otherwise, but we learn from them, I ain't gonna tell you how to run your business but just make sure your product lives up to 110% because your turn will come when someone comes on here and starts rippin you as what's happened with Neil.

I just think this has all gone to far from an outsiders point of view, that's all!
Old 12-13-2005, 07:29 PM
RXDOC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rolo
I too have met him. I know its business, and it seem's the buzzards are circling. I can see business's competing and tauting their systems. But the bashing would turn me off as a potential customer.

Let those in the tuning business that haven't had any problems cast the first stone.

BTW,...RX,...you better get some more HP before our next DE..... .........Oh, and turn the damn camera on this time would you?
Hey Rolo:
I am already signed up for the Jan.21 PCA DE! Are you?
I turned the camera off because I knew you were going to pass me an leave me in your dust! Now that's never good on tape!
Old 12-13-2005, 07:32 PM
RXDOC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dock
What does he charge for a plug change?
Dock:
Spark plug + Oil Change for $450.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:49 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My suggestion is this. If no one wants to address the issues at hand fine. So be it. Dave could delete his thread. You could stop posting and I could stop posting. Simple eh? What is even simpler is picking up the phone or even emailing instead of airing this on the board. A question asked I will answer. I have stuck to the facts. I will continue to do so.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:54 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

I'm cool!

Hey Stephen, let's agree to disagree then!

Let's just all be happy mate.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Rolo
Rhymes With Polo
Rennlist Member

Received 1,099 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by RXDOC
Hey Rolo:
I am already signed up for the Jan.21 PCA DE! Are you?
I turned the camera off because I knew you were going to pass me an leave me in your dust! Now that's never good on tape!

You are a track BEAST!!! Its to cold in Jan. I'll be there when it warms abit. email me if you are doing any others and let me know where I can sign up. Running with you that last time was the most fun I've had at one of these.

I told John, he had better be ready, cause your car ****s and gets off the corners!
Old 12-13-2005, 08:45 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

I know I shouldn't say anything...but I'm an idiot...I think Stevo is way out of line with his comments (mate). You obviously didn't read any of Stephen's posts (or maybe you have trouble with the English language). Of course you're not a member so we don't really know where you are from. BTW you don't have to read the thread.

Last edited by wross996tt; 12-13-2005 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:01 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

Originally Posted by wross996tt
I know I shouldn't say anything...but I'm an idiot...I think Stevo is way out of line with his comments (mate). You obviously didn't read any of Stephen's posts (or maybe you have trouble with the English language). Of course you're not a member so we don't really know where you are from. BTW you don't have to rad the thread.
Yip your right! your an idiot
Old 12-13-2005, 10:22 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
Yip your right! your an idiot
I'm right about one thing...you don't understand the English language...you should use you're not your. Good day mate!
Old 12-14-2005, 07:56 AM
jasoncuk
Instructor

Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
Fair enough points, I kinda agree!

But sorry mate, i'm an outsider here and not part of your posse, and I know what's going on, everyone can feel it!
I think we can all feel something and it relates to what posse you're in Stevo.

Stephen does a great job on this board and has confined himself to factual issues. Suprisingly so in fact. Pretty fair to talk about product defects whether or not the company is doing well. If the product doesn't work then the tuner should be in trouble.

We aren't tuning go karts here but very expensive machinery and potentially damaging problems need to be addressed for the good of the owners.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:32 AM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

Look! I ain't going into this anymore, I have had a discussion with Stephen about this!

Yes! we do want to know what's working and what's not, but certain issues keep being brought up to many times not just for my liking!

End of my story.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:44 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and thank God for that! Mate!
Old 12-16-2005, 01:13 PM
Woodster
Drifting

Default dyno graphs are not really for comparison...

this is amazing: is defective product determined from some dip in a graph that was not
massaged like most "marketing dynos that we see", hell I saw an EVO dyno sheet that says
to multiply by 1.32 for flywheel horsepower calculation--Hilarious!! The product works
beautifully according to all the posters that have the PSI programming, PSI has one of
the Most High horsepower 996TT race cars in the world. This car is homologated with FIA approval ! Who in America can claim that??
Wow, what about the dip on the graph of the RS Tuning tuned car posted on 993tt board
this week?? Should RS tuning send a guy to England to investigate the dip??
Hell NO!!! Now lets get some AX-22 produced 60-130 mph times produced and quit
arguing about these bull*#^t graphs !!!!
marty

Quick Reply: PSI 996TT dyno results