Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 02:32 PM
Olemiss540
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by cgfen
I mostly agree.
The quandary for me is;
Do you take out seats and bar, advertise as a stock car and offer to sell goodies to buyer?
or
Leave all goodies in car and include stock parts to buyer?

Decision = possible different buyer demographic and asking price.
I don't know the best path.

Craig
I think it depends on the car being listed. If it is a driver with high quality parts it is probably going to fetch more already bundled up and complete and not worth piecing out. If it is being sold as a high dollar garage queen/collector, than it makes sense to sell the modifications separately after sale of the car in stock condition so it can fetch collector car money.
Old 11-20-2020, 05:58 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 487 Posts

Originally Posted by cchan
I haven't been keeping a close eye on the 996 GT3 market, so thought I'd solicit some input from others - I'm thinking of putting my 2004 up for sale. The car currently has the euro buckets (leather) and a DAS sport roll bar, but I kept the regular seats. Also have two sets of OEM wheels. The question is, should I put the regular seats back in and sell the buckets separately? Or are there any buyers who would want a whole package?

Background on the car: black/black, 26.5k miles, am the 2nd owner but bought it from a dealer when it was less than a year old with 3.2k on the odometer. No accidents, serviced regularly, pipes pinned, LSD internals upgraded but otherwise generally kept in a "street" or easily returnable to stock configuration.
@engerman since you're local, maybe we should chat.

would love to see some pics of that!

Old 11-21-2020, 07:12 AM
mnwild
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by brontosaurus
Anyone see what it ended up selling for?

One other note about the Atlas Grey car in the classifieds, it is a nice car with all the service boxes checked. Of course, different subsets of buyers will favor different things, but it's simply too close in price to something like this.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...paign=atempest

To get the classifieds car back to what I'm looking for, it'd be 5-6k minimum, and at that point I'd rather just have OEM paint/bumper/etc,
For what it's worth, I met a former owner of this cars.com car (5th owner, according to the CarFax) up a the Rennsport Dragon Rally last month and he said he was thinking of buying the car back. He said he sold it at the time because he needed $ to put into his business. I asked if it was in good shape mechanically and he said yes, he took good care of it. I see there has been another owner since that put approx 10k miles on it so things could have changed. I want to say coolant lines are pinned but don't quote me on that.

I have the former owner's contact info if you want it, I could reach out and see if he'd be ok with talking with you and then give you his # offline.

I am also not far from this dealer (1.5 hr drive) and might be willing to check the car out if needed. I've got a 996 GT2 myself so am somewhat familiar with these cars.
Old 11-21-2020, 01:53 PM
sithot
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 129 Posts

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=288261712

Last edited by sithot; 11-21-2020 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-21-2020, 02:42 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

No front lip? Pretty base car but I guess its <20k miles
Old 11-21-2020, 11:18 PM
cag4
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

This might be of interest. It's a pretty detailed analysis of the GT3 market in the US, from 996.2 to current.

Interesting to see the $ per mile depreciation figures... Given that my SL8GT3 has 29,500 miles, it looks like I'll be moving into the "driven" market sector soon. Since I bought it to drive, I'm all good with that ;-)

The following users liked this post:
Nickshu (11-22-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 01:58 PM
cchan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cgfen
I mostly agree.
The quandary for me is;
Do you take out seats and bar, advertise as a stock car and offer to sell goodies to buyer?
or
Leave all goodies in car and include stock parts to buyer?

Decision = possible different buyer demographic and asking price.
I don't know the best path.

Craig
Originally Posted by Olemiss540
I think it depends on the car being listed. If it is a driver with high quality parts it is probably going to fetch more already bundled up and complete and not worth piecing out. If it is being sold as a high dollar garage queen/collector, than it makes sense to sell the modifications separately after sale of the car in stock condition so it can fetch collector car money.

@cag4 thanks for posting that video - that helps with pricing, very useful analysis.
Thanks for the input, I agree with you both. It's tough, I think my car basically lands right between the two categories, since it's not a low miles garage queen, nor a high mileage driver/track setup. Easiest to sell as a bundle obviously, maybe I'll try that route first and see what happens.
Now to start collecting photos... @sechsgang here's what I have so far https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x13syttbc...FMXHsOXha?dl=0

Old 11-22-2020, 07:26 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 889 Likes on 585 Posts

Old 11-22-2020, 08:45 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 487 Posts

Originally Posted by cchan
@cag4 thanks for posting that video - that helps with pricing, very useful analysis.
Thanks for the input, I agree with you both. It's tough, I think my car basically lands right between the two categories, since it's not a low miles garage queen, nor a high mileage driver/track setup. Easiest to sell as a bundle obviously, maybe I'll try that route first and see what happens.
Now to start collecting photos... @sechsgang here's what I have so far https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x13syttbc...FMXHsOXha?dl=0

looks great!
Old 11-28-2020, 12:13 PM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,516 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Arctic Silver one with 31k-miles, full leather, and euro clubsport bucket seats. Looks pretty clean. Asking price is $76k.
https://mart.pca.org/ads/47616

Last edited by RapidGT; 11-28-2020 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-28-2020, 12:49 PM
rebrewer
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I think that's a fair price. It even has the most important option: Cruise Control!

Bob
Old 11-28-2020, 03:19 PM
UpOnTheWheel
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like a great deal for the buyer. Nice car!
Old 11-28-2020, 03:45 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by UpOnTheWheel
Clean Mezger GT3's under $100k will soon only be found in stories about the past.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:45 PM
Indiana Jones
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

I am local, and was looking to buy the car, then Mike decided not to sell. He came back and let me know he would sell, but raised the price.I tried to see the car, but never got to see it before he changed his mind.

He did a walk around on FaceTime with me, and the car appears to be in good shape. From memory he has had the car for around 6 years...did a few track days with it. No service/maintenance history, he informed me he changed his own oil. Lines have not been pinned. Seller has been straight forward with me.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:27 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 1,006 Likes on 672 Posts

Originally Posted by UpOnTheWheel
Originally Posted by Indiana Jones
I am local, and was looking to buy the car, then Mike decided not to sell. He came back and let me know he would sell, but raised the price.I tried to see the car, but never got to see it before he changed his mind.

He did a walk around on FaceTime with me, and the car appears to be in good shape. From memory he has had the car for around 6 years...did a few track days with it. No service/maintenance history, he informed me he changed his own oil. Lines have not been pinned. Seller has been straight forward with me.
Looking at that car I agree it is priced about $10K too low. $86K seems more appropriate. If you can get it for $80k it's a great deal.

Quick Reply: The 996 GT3 Cars For Sale Thread...