Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 996 GT3 Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2020 | 03:08 PM
Olemiss540
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ScottArizona
I'm the same way. Doesn't always "work out" but it sure is fun, and I enjoy the process since I diy as much as possible and my labor is "free."
Just wish I could learn alignments and tire mounting! $1500 or so right here.....

I dont trust others to put as much time/research into a repair as I am going to. WAY too many shops have torched me over the years and hard to think of one I felt I got what I paid for in terms of attention to detail.....
Old 10-29-2020 | 04:13 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Olemiss540
Just wish I could learn alignments and tire mounting! $1500 or so right here.....

I dont trust others to put as much time/research into a repair as I am going to. WAY too many shops have torched me over the years and hard to think of one I felt I got what I paid for in terms of attention to detail.....
Tire mounting is easy, IF you buy the right equipment. $3000+

Alignments?
I know of two, both a LONG way from you.

Adam Gill @ Vollig http://volligautowerks.com/

alternatively

http://www.johnsonsalignment.com/

DIY is my friend also

Last edited by cgfen; 10-29-2020 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-19-2020 | 02:47 AM
engerman
Rennlist Member

Any of you guys know of a clean GT3 for sale? I'm looking at 997's as well, will ultimately will buy whatever's a better deal. I don't care about the spec of the car (although buckets would be great), however, I do care about service records and preventative maintenance. I plan on dailying whatever car I get, and would appreciate the piece of mind service records provide, lol. My budget is around 79k otd.

This car is very tempting, but am unsure due to the fact that it had 7 owners. What do you guys think? https://glenshelly.com/sales/2004-porsche-911-gt3-1
Perhaps the rotors/something expensive is worn? Price seems too good to be true.

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2020 | 03:01 AM
20C4S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by engerman
Any of you guys know of a clean GT3 for sale? I'm looking at 997's as well, will ultimately will buy whatever's a better deal. I don't care about the spec of the car (although buckets would be great), however, I do care about service records and preventative maintenance. I plan on dailying whatever car I get, and would appreciate the piece of mind service records provide, lol. My budget is around 79k otd.

This car is very tempting, but am unsure due to the fact that it had 7 owners. What do you guys think? https://glenshelly.com/sales/2004-porsche-911-gt3-1
Perhaps the rotors/something expensive is worn? Price seems too good to be true.

Thanks!
Curious if you read the ad? An honest representation but that answered your own question beyond the rotors.
Old 11-19-2020 | 04:18 AM
engerman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 20C4S
Curious if you read the ad? An honest representation but that answered your own question beyond the rotors.
Definitely read the ad. Dealer seems great, but I don't know them well enough to come to that conclusion (if/when i get serious I'd get a PPI). Was mostly curious to see if one of the 996 aficionados saw something that I didn't. Or if someone had gotten a PPI / had some experience with the car.
Old 11-19-2020 | 05:39 AM
Olemiss540
Rennlist Member

Definitely read the ad. Dealer seems great, but I don't know them well enough to come to that conclusion (if/when i get serious I'd get a PPI). Was mostly curious to see if one of the 996 aficionados saw something that I didn't. Or if someone had gotten a PPI / had some experience with the car.
the previous owner just posted up thread and there was a full detailed thread on this car a month back if you dig. The PO hit the engine case on a cattle guard and cracked the case. Glen Shelly bought it and flipped it using one of the best engine builders in the business. Lots of info on that old thread.

I would buy it at that price in a heartbeat.

Another Basalt car in the rennlist marketplace just took deposit at 75k with 50k miles I believe.
The following users liked this post:
engerman (11-20-2020)
Old 11-19-2020 | 08:25 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Thanks!
I think this car was discussed here recently. Maybe search the vin. The price is reflecting the recently rebuilt 997 gt3 engine, which for you would be a plus since you’re not a collector and plan to drive it. Cervelli is a known porsche engine builder and those rebuilds are not cheap. Looks like a clean car, with a new engine, at a very good price — if everything checks out. Good luck.
engerman (11-20-2020)
Old 11-19-2020 | 08:50 AM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Olemiss540
Another Basalt car in the rennlist marketplace just took deposit at 75k with 50k miles I believe.
i believe you're talking about the one with 42k miles. also has 1 or 2 guys standing in line per ppi, iirc.
Old 11-19-2020 | 10:43 AM
lcrain
Rennlist Member

My brother just purchased a different 996 gt3 from Alex at Glen Shelly. It was a very good experience for him from start to finish. He had Chris Cervelli do a laundry list of of work to the car to get it up to 100%. Alex and Chris are very highly regarded in their respective realms. All I will say on this specific car is that it has a minor story, which can create challenges when selling. Probably why it hasn't sold yet.
engerman (11-20-2020)
Old 11-19-2020 | 10:45 AM
Olemiss540
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rsabeebe
i believe you're talking about the one with 42k miles. also has 1 or 2 guys standing in line per ppi, iirc.
Exactly that one. Love basalt.
Old 11-19-2020 | 11:43 AM
craina
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lcrain
My brother just purchased a different 996 gt3 from Alex at Glen Shelly. It was a very good experience for him from start to finish. He had Chris Cervelli do a laundry list of of work to the car to get it up to 100%. Alex and Chris are very highly regarded in their respective realms. All I will say on this specific car is that it has a minor story, which can create challenges when selling. Probably why it hasn't sold yet.
That's me and I concur on all of the above. I saw the black car in person when I picked mine up and it is very nice. Alex is a true enthusiast and Chris is highly regarded. I would reach out to both, they will shoot it straight.

I think you will find that many of these cars have a minor story. Whether its a few over revs, some paint work, or even a rock through the engine case. I think that is just par for the course with a car that was designed to be driven hard, sometimes **** happens.

I believe this car is still available as well: https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1211686

Best of luck in your search
HDA (11-19-2020)
Old 11-19-2020 | 11:36 PM
cchan
Rennlist Member

I haven't been keeping a close eye on the 996 GT3 market, so thought I'd solicit some input from others - I'm thinking of putting my 2004 up for sale. The car currently has the euro buckets (leather) and a DAS sport roll bar, but I kept the regular seats. Also have two sets of OEM wheels. The question is, should I put the regular seats back in and sell the buckets separately? Or are there any buyers who would want a whole package?

Background on the car: black/black, 26.5k miles, am the 2nd owner but bought it from a dealer when it was less than a year old with 3.2k on the odometer. No accidents, serviced regularly, pipes pinned, LSD internals upgraded but otherwise generally kept in a "street" or easily returnable to stock configuration.
@engerman since you're local, maybe we should chat.
Old 11-20-2020 | 12:15 AM
94526GT3
Advanced

Originally Posted by cchan
I haven't been keeping a close eye on the 996 GT3 market, so thought I'd solicit some input from others - I'm thinking of putting my 2004 up for sale. The car currently has the euro buckets (leather) and a DAS sport roll bar, but I kept the regular seats. Also have two sets of OEM wheels. The question is, should I put the regular seats back in and sell the buckets separately? Or are there any buyers who would want a whole package?

Background on the car: black/black, 26.5k miles, am the 2nd owner but bought it from a dealer when it was less than a year old with 3.2k on the odometer. No accidents, serviced regularly, pipes pinned, LSD internals upgraded but otherwise generally kept in a "street" or easily returnable to stock configuration.
Put it back to stock if you have OEMs while selling the removed mods on rennlist then list it on Porscheonatrailer. Oops I mean Bringatrailer.
Old 11-20-2020 | 12:19 AM
cag4
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cchan

For what it’s worth, I recently bought an ‘04 GT3 (slate) with the same miles that had the buckets, upgraded steering wheel, a techquipement roll bar and a full Fabspeed exhaust... I paid what I considered a premium at the time... *because* it came with the upgrades installed (and pinned coolant pipes) AND all the take off parts (sport seats, stock wheel, stock exhaust)... so I urge you to bundle it all together and sell it as a unit... ask at least $90K and be prepared to wait, if necessary, but as others have said, the good ones are mostly all gone already, so yours will not have much competition in the marketplace. Just my $.02...
Old 11-20-2020 | 02:22 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cag4
For what it’s worth, I recently bought an ‘04 GT3 (slate) with the same miles that had the buckets, upgraded steering wheel, a techquipement roll bar and a full Fabspeed exhaust... I paid what I considered a premium at the time... *because* it came with the upgrades installed (and pinned coolant pipes) AND all the take off parts (sport seats, stock wheel, stock exhaust)... so I urge you to bundle it all together and sell it as a unit... ask at least $90K and be prepared to wait, if necessary, but as others have said, the good ones are mostly all gone already, so yours will not have much competition in the marketplace. Just my $.02...
I mostly agree.
The quandary for me is;
Do you take out seats and bar, advertise as a stock car and offer to sell goodies to buyer?
or
Leave all goodies in car and include stock parts to buyer?

Decision = possible different buyer demographic and asking price.
I don't know the best path.

Craig

Quick Reply: The 996 GT3 Cars For Sale Thread...