Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK guys... no doubt you will hear about this

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 07:27 AM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TBH Guy... I had many a many conversation over the phone with Matt, and Matt was the one that eventually got the ball rolling... I think Matt is a top bloke... time and time again (you can see by the texts) he has bailed Andy out of the **** and I was the one that said Months back that he should stand up for himself and get it sorted out, it's no way to run a business... It's not my style to do this but there is only so much someone can take.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Red9
Racer

The fact that Steve decided to do conversion is totally irrelevent.FWIW it is not that complicated.
What is also a fact-- Steve paid or agreed to pay .Fearnsport agreed to accept payment or were paid .Full Stop....
How Steve and his car were treated is appalling,disgracefull.No amount of rationalising can change that.
The deleted thread was not abusive-I was following closely.It was closed because of the commercial association of Fearnsport.There is no way that Steve has not presented his case fairly -- the very "poor form" you refer to in publishing the so called "private" texts would go out the window if the case gets to court-- so really that is a ridiculous comment.
The promoters of Fearnsport have started and contributed to threads on PH ( as late as the same day as the "negative" posts /threads appeared) and all that endorsement for Feansport is still there for all to see. Making comment that does not suit these people see those posting comment as 'troublemakers". What a joke.Instead of jumping in and criticsizing Steve why don't you use that close relationship you have with Fearnsport to ask them about the facts-from ther point of view. Why do thay need you to be singing there praises and bagging a Fearnsport customer out of some misguided testimonial for what a good experience you have had with them?
Also note-- you can express any opinion you like here, something not allowed and censored closer to your home.
I would have thought it would be in Fearnsports interest to comment-- tell us Steve has it all wrong etc Alternatively they could still make a positive out of this stuff up by doing something that will appease Steve .We are waiting.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Red9
Racer

It is really simple for the guys at FEARNSPORT to make a public explanation. Tell us Steve has got it all wrong etc.
Guy you and all the others that have seen fit( who are they BTW) to have posted testimonials for FEARNSPORT and attack anything that does not suit your view of the world.
Use that close association to get FEARNSPORT to do something to appease Steve.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:43 AM
RS Clubsport
Pro

Received 346 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
It was posted on the Pistonheads forum in the UK but the link was deleted due to the Name and Shame policy it has... the last Month has been a bit of a nightmare for me http://996ttstevo.blogspot.com/
Whilst I really sympathise with your situation, I'm not sure what benefit to you posting it on various forums will acheive, other than venting your understandable anger.

People who are currently happy clients of Fearnsport will continue using them, there may be a very small amount of potential new clients who will be put off by your experience but I suspect that it will have little or no affect on their business.

Meanwhile your blood pressure will still be off the charts (I'm keen to state that I'm not falling on either side here, just thinking how I would feel in the situation) and I suspect there's little chance of either you or Fearnsport entering into dialogue to attempt to find a resolution at the current state of play.

My suggestion however difficult it may be would be to sit down with them and discuss the whole issue and see if a way forward for both of you can be worked out.

Could you honestly put up with the years and £ of going through the Courts and the stress and aggrevation this would inflict? Maybe now you would but after 12/24/36 months?

As I say, I'm not taking sides in any way on this, but personally I suspect the only way of acheiving any form of satisfactory closure would be to sit down with them and talk it out.

Just my 2 peneth.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:41 AM
damianc4s
Intermediate

Very interesting and totally out of order in many, many ways. I'm sure Matty @FS is finding his role quite compromised as a result of your publishing of his text messages, also the scant disregard you have for other names mentioned in these messages......did you seek their approval before going ahead?

I'd be very interested in how you received that screenshot from that 'forum', a forum that is private and you're not a member of.

Finally, you created a blog to air your side, yet when I added a comment yesterday you deleted it, care to clarify why you did this? Was the fact that you've been trying to canvas others via the email member facility on PH not a little out of order?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:56 AM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

Damian... do you honestly think I need to answer to you after the abuse you also added along with Guy on your little private forum?... do you want me to post your input up here aswell for everyone to see... you will start looking the "PRIZE ***" as you put it!
Old 06-03-2009, 11:00 AM
damianc4s
Intermediate

Damian... do you honestly think I need to answer to you after the abuse you also added along with Guy on your little private forum?... do you want me to post your input up here aswell for everyone to see... you will start looking the "PRIZE ***" as you put it!
I DARE YOU!
Old 06-03-2009, 11:02 AM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

run along child
Old 06-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Holger B
Race Car

Received 87 Likes on 34 Posts

Uh...where's a mod when we need one?
Old 06-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Darragh
Track Day

Stevo you had my sympathy up until you really go beyond the norm and are hell bent on ruination.

Just move on lad and get on with life. **** sake, I thought blogs were for spotty teenagers and geeks!!!

Come on now....suck it up and move on.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:27 PM
datax
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by amaist
Eh, this is why I always kept hearing that switching from auto to manual is a crazy thing to do on a modern car. I couldn't even read the whole thing.
Yup, it's definitely not the easy job. Just need a lot of hours to get everything aligned and smooth. Hope the mechanic is experienced with swapping and done it many times. Good luck with the swap, Stevo.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:00 PM
phatgixer
Track Day

Steve, my understanding was that Fearnsport did the whole project on a matey basis in spare time and didn't charge you for anything apart from the engine work that had incurred them costs?

Bit a kick in the teeth to have the favour treated like a was a proper fee paying job...

Your actions have the hallmarks of nasty vindictive vendetta against someone you knew was helping you out in their own time. Ungracious at best and downright disgusting all told.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:35 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

Figures have absolutely nothing to do with you... if it has I will publish them and all TAX/VAT Free aswell... Keep pushing!
Old 06-03-2009, 06:06 PM
phatgixer
Track Day

What figures?

Never mentioned them, merely the basis of the work was favour based, not business as usual and was being done in Andy / Matt's own time?

If that is true then your behaviour is totally scandalous.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:20 PM
damianc4s
Intermediate

Figures have absolutely nothing to do with you... if it has I will publish them and all TAX/VAT Free aswell... Keep pushing!
You really aren't endearing yourself to anyone!

The sooner this thread gets locked/removed the better!

Quick Reply: OK guys... no doubt you will hear about this