Sponsored by:

OK guys... no doubt you will hear about this

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 07:53 PM
ZeroH
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmer23
+1 for Miras (ZeroH). He's a good dude and luckily had only some simple bolt-ons and a flash to do. He got lucky. Anything more than that and I'd take your car elsewhere mate - seriously.
Agree Jim, my job was straightforward by comparison, and trust me if I had your mechanical skills I'd be happily working on the car myself instead of giving it to any shop, but FS were recommended to me by personal friends that have had serious internal work done by them to their motors (turbos, 993GT2's etc) and had nothing but the highest of praise. They had a full 3.8l turbo conversion (full bottom end rebuild) on the floor when i was there which Matt had just built, and are trusted by people running CGT's, ruf's, cup cars, you name it - clearly they know what they are doing.

Yes Steve is unhappy on a number of fronts, ok, but honestly, other than providing entertaining reading for the casual reader, is what he is doing on the internet really gonna help him move forward ? As someone has already said, existing customers will continue to judge from their own experiences, and future customers will be none the wiser trying to reconcile it all, i.e. happy and unhappy postings about FS.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:56 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

Fearnsports Clique get together... LMFAO
Old 06-03-2009, 08:18 PM
phatgixer
Track Day

OK, Steve, let's see if we can get something sensible running here.

I have had a number of jobs done on my car at FS and have been very pleased with the outcome. I have got my car back, on budget and on time, mended properly. That is my experience. The downside is I had to pay for a professional service and accepted the value I got.

What I didn't do is enter into a joint project that is at the edges of what could be called normal and agree for it to be done on the basis of an as and when arrangement. My understanding was that the work was non profit making and was always seen as an experiment to see if it could be done tidily. You had to expect a few issues with a project of that nature. As I see it, one of the guys had enough of the project (probably due from being continually hectored) and was picked up by the other. your supply chain was flimsy and ad-hoc, and yet somehow Fearns are getting the blame...

The car was being worked on outside work hours and would be out of action for sometime. You should have expected t to been outside during this. You have seen other cars outside the unit, I'm sure.

The damage to the PU is not good, and should have been rectified without fuss, I agree.

This trackday at Oulton (an RS day I think, that I missed due to pneumonia!) was paid for by FS as gesture?

Now, we are all allowed to be fed up when things go wrong, but frankly this Frankenstein project was doomed from the outset and you are now emaiing the world to discredit people who set out with friendly intentions to help you build a monster at a budget price.

Salutary lesson here for any business that tries to 'help' its mates. You get a kick in the guts for trying.

Why you couldn't have sorted it with them in private is beyond me. Matt and Andy are two of the gentlest people I have ever met.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:21 PM
ZeroH
Intermediate

[QUOTE=Red9;6621822]
Originally Posted by ZeroH

If the cap fits-wear it. It is you that caanot read[/B]. If you look more carefully on Piston Heads you will findv the cheer squad out in force.
Why bother coming here to post the same thing? Why not show some concern for a fellow customers situation? You and others post here criticsizing Steve -why not stay out of it-how many times and places do you need to post your testimonial for Fearnsport?
You also know they are aware of these forum posts-so why not leave it to them to comment?
So having a public tit for tat exchange on a public forum infested by people like you would serve a business, any business, better than dealing with it off-line either professionally one on one with disgruntled customer or if not via legal recourse ?? Right on Red !
Old 06-03-2009, 08:49 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

You have hit the Nail right on the head Angus, said it before and I will say it again "JOBS FOR THE BOYS"

How much does he charge an hour? £65 agreed?
Old 06-03-2009, 08:59 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

If it was a Frankenstein project why did Andy agree to take it on, infact he was the one that suggested to do it?

If you know so much... why don't you tell everyone the budget price I spent per hour (Cash in Hand)... c'mon push it... will be fun to tell Matt & Andy tomorrow that C&E will be on their doorstep... don't blame me, blame Gus.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:02 PM
phatgixer
Track Day

Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
You have hit the Nail right on the head Angus, said it before and I will say it again "JOBS FOR THE BOYS"

How much does he charge an hour? £65 agreed?
Not sure? We negotiated prices for the entire job and haggled a bit and then agreed the deal. Not sure what the hourly rate was.

I had a tiny hose go at the top of the engine that ponged a bit and the engine needed removing to replace it. When i picked up the car the engine compartment was pristine. They had cleaned the entire bay as part of the work and it looked like new again. The job was quite a lot of money, but I was happy to pay as they went beyond my expectations and I like their laconic style.

One man's meat is another man's poison
Old 06-03-2009, 09:05 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

Can you answer a question for me... Who's fault was it that Robs 996 Turbo was burnt to the bare shell? (Fire engine called out etc) Take it that was his fault not Fearnsport? even though Fearnsports Insurance paid out.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:06 PM
phatgixer
Track Day

If it was a Frankenstein project why did Andy agree to take it on, infact he was the one that suggested to do it?

If you know so much... why don't you tell everyone the budget price I spent per hour (Cash in Hand)... c'mon push it... will be fun to tell Matt & Andy tomorrow that C&E will be on their doorstep... don't blame me, blame Gus.
I think you are beginning to show your true mettle, Steve.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:07 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

Charged me £50 per hour CASH IN HAND and every hour was paid a saving of £15 per hour... a very healthy TAX & VAT saving for them... keep pushin Gus... do you want me to take it further my friend?
Old 06-03-2009, 09:10 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

Your the one that knows so much... your the one that keep your gums going on about it... I'M HONEST!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:10 PM
phatgixer
Track Day

Can you answer a question for me... Who's fault was it that Robs 996 Turbo was burnt to the bare shell? (Fire engine called out etc) Take it that was his fault not Fearnsport? even though Fearnsports Insurance paid out.
I haven't a clue?

I assume you think this is meant to be a bad thing for FS? Being fully insured and taking account of their action, and all? Not sure what relevance this has to your project...

You guys have had differences, sorting them out by publishing text messages and entering an email campaign against them is not very good form, especially as they were doing th work for on a favour basis. Whole thing is bloody shoddy.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:13 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

LMFAO.... a favour!... you love not answering questions... I have answered all of yours... nothing to hide from me
Old 06-03-2009, 09:13 PM
phatgixer
Track Day

Your the one that knows so much... your the one that keep your gums going on about it... I'M HONEST!
"You're", not "your".

Keep the standards of English a bit higher, old boy, We're British....Got to set an example for our mates in the US
Old 06-03-2009, 09:15 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

lol... you still never answered my question

Quick Reply: OK guys... no doubt you will hear about this