Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK guys... no doubt you will hear about this

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 06:36 PM
jimmer23
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Guys, I've been hearing about this ongoing catastrophe for years from Steve. He's a good and honest guy, and runs a business himself - there is NOTHING vindictive or nasty about this! The way he has been strung along and treated by these guys is what is disgusting! They are a business, and agreed to do the work for a specific timeschedule - this garbage about "losing interest" in the middle of the project is NOT how an honest businessman runs his organization! It's not my place to say exactly what Steve paid for the shoddy services, but it was a good deal more than what you guys seem to think. He took the car back there, even after their major f-up from the prior year, and they should have given him a huge goodwill discount, but instead he ends up having to retrieve his own non-working and newly-damaged in pieces car, which now has major engine issues which require ANOTHER engine out job to fix. AND there was NO effort whatsoever by Fearnsport to compensate him for the damage, the half-assed and unfinished work, or for the delay in delivery of the project.

Give the guy a break, especially you morons with your super-cool "private forum" where you can all slag off on anyone between yourselves. *******.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:37 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So they done it for free... LMFAO
Old 06-03-2009, 06:43 PM
damianc4s
Intermediate

Can someone move this thread to the 996 Turbo section, this is for proper GTx cars!
Old 06-03-2009, 06:47 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

LMFAO... why don't you go back to your "private members club"... you guys are a laugh
Old 06-03-2009, 06:52 PM
jimmer23
Intermediate

PRIZE *** lolol

Can I join your super-cool "top-secret forum"? Please please? ROTFLMAO!
Old 06-03-2009, 07:02 PM
damianc4s
Intermediate

You're really not helping your case are you?

Old 06-03-2009, 07:03 PM
phatgixer
Track Day

Originally Posted by jimmer23
Guys, I've been hearing about this ongoing catastrophe for years from Steve. He's a good and honest guy, and runs a business himself - there is NOTHING vindictive or nasty about this! The way he has been strung along and treated by these guys is what is disgusting! They are a business, and agreed to do the work for a specific timeschedule - this garbage about "losing interest" in the middle of the project is NOT how an honest businessman runs his organization! It's not my place to say exactly what Steve paid for the shoddy services, but it was a good deal more than what you guys seem to think. He took the car back there, even after their major f-up from the prior year, and they should have given him a huge goodwill discount, but instead he ends up having to retrieve his own non-working and newly-damaged in pieces car, which now has major engine issues which require ANOTHER engine out job to fix. AND there was NO effort whatsoever by Fearnsport to compensate him for the damage, the half-assed and unfinished work, or for the delay in delivery of the project.

Give the guy a break, especially you morons with your super-cool "private forum" where you can all slag off on anyone between yourselves. *******.
You started quite well there, chap, but sadly ended up disappearing up your own rectum.

I agree that the normal business would not be run as described. But that is the nub of the issue. This arrangement was done outside of the normal business when they could fit it in as a genuine offer of kindness. As I understand it (from 3rd parties) that Fearnsport did this job on a non-profit basis for a friend n the understanding it sat alongside the daily paid work they did. To have it judged as usual contract wotk must be very annoying.

Something else that is also disingenuous and poor is this Oulton Track day that Steve is wibbling about was paid for by Matt at Fearnsport.

You say Steve is not vindictive, I have to object. he seems a most disagreeable type, and one of the reasons that closed forums exist.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:10 PM
phatgixer
Track Day

Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
So they done it for free... LMFAO
No, they did it for no profit as a favour for what they considered a friend.

'No good deed goes unpunished'
Old 06-03-2009, 07:12 PM
phatgixer
Track Day

Originally Posted by jimmer23
PRIZE *** lolol

Can I join your super-cool "top-secret forum"? Please please? ROTFLMAO!
Find someone who will refer you and you can join. Is only private so that it keeps the trolls out...
Old 06-03-2009, 07:23 PM
ZeroH
Intermediate

[QUOTE=Red9;6619652]
The promoters of Fearnsport have started and contributed to threads on PH ( as late as the same day as the "negative" posts /threads appeared) and all that endorsement for Feansport is still there for all to see. QUOTE]

Red9 - this quote is clearly aimed at me - in case you actually do need glasses, please re-read my reposte to you on pheads along with the various other people who know me stating categorically that I have no (that means zero)affiliation with fearnsport other than as a recent happy customer of theirs. You already know this as i've said it before so listen up carefully this time - I dropped off my car a week ago and picked it up on Saturday - no suprises then that i post about my experience on Sunday.

I have solicited advice from a lot of people in the past before deciding where to take my car, including Jim and Steve, and I made my choice - So deal with it - if you want conspiracy, buy an Agatha Christie novel.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:24 PM
jimmer23
Intermediate

Phatgixer,

This "arrangement" came to be only after they f**cked up on his previous motor build - goodwill has very little to do with it. More like a poor attempt at keeping a customer. Regardless of this, as a business you don't:

a) damage someones car and then incorrectly repair it while hiding this from your client. it's a genuine techart bumper and should have been replaced.

b) damage the wing, door, and roof, and make no offer to repair it

c) leave the car outside for months during the winter without bumpers causing corrosion to the brakes and bumper supports, as well as damage the carpets and possibly compromising the underbody, without offering to correct it

d) have an unreliable third-party repeatedly screw up the ECU programming, resulting in the customer having to purchase another one (which was bought, programmed, and delivered within 2 days from the US by Todd at Protomotive - easy right?), and not offer compensation for this

e) incorrectly install and align the camshafts, resulting in the customer having to go to another shop to do another engine out job to fix it, and make no offer to repair or compensate for it

f) all of the other jerking around, becoming "uninterested", and not adhering to any semblance of a timeline

Tell me, exactly what did Steves $$$$$ (and it was no real bargain if you ask me) buy him other than a huge headache, a 6-speed tranny bolted on and a few cables routed which any other shop could do in a day? These were the only items installed which seem to be functioning correctly (not yet verified), everything else is sheit and majorly screwed up as far as I can tell.

You guys and your "top-secret" forum are on the wrong side of this one.

Last edited by jimmer23; 06-03-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:28 PM
jimmer23
Intermediate

+1 for Miras (ZeroH). He's a good dude and luckily had only some simple bolt-ons and a flash to do. He got lucky. Anything more than that and I'd take your car elsewhere mate - seriously.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Darragh
Track Day

jimmer23.....This has nothing specifically to do with any other forum.....So don't come swinging a bat at everyone.

This issue needs to be resolved by both parties or move on...anything else is hatred and just a waste of time and energy surely.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:50 PM
Red9
Racer

[QUOTE=ZeroH;6621737]
Originally Posted by Red9
The promoters of Fearnsport have started and contributed to threads on PH ( as late as the same day as the "negative" posts /threads appeared) and all that endorsement for Feansport is still there for all to see. QUOTE]

Red9 - this quote is clearly aimed at me - in case you actually do need glasses, please re-read my reposte to you on pheads along with the various other people who know me stating categorically that I have no (that means zero)affiliation with fearnsport other than as a recent happy customer of theirs. You already know this as i've said it before so listen up carefully this time - I dropped off my car a week ago and picked it up on Saturday - no suprises then that i post about my experience on Sunday.

I have solicited advice from a lot of people in the past before deciding where to take my car, including Jim and Steve, and I made my choice - So deal with it - if you want conspiracy, buy an Agatha Christie novel.
If the cap fits-wear it. It is you that caanot read. If you look more carefully on Piston Heads you will findv the cheer squad out in force.
Why bother coming here to post the same thing? Why not show some concern for a fellow customers situation? You and others post here criticsizing Steve -why not stay out of it-how many times and places do you need to post your testimonial for Fearnsport?
You also know they are aware of these forum posts-so why not leave it to them to comment?
Old 06-03-2009, 07:51 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

Gixer get over yourself honestly... trust me they got paid well... they should have been paid SFA and if I pursue it any further they will be paying me back... did you know my engine needs to come back out because the cam timing is fuked... that's another 1.5k down the drain, along with a 3.5k front end that they smashed... along with the Dent Master bill of £150... along with the resprayed front and rear ends another £450... I make that just over £5.5k... Keep pushing it!

Quick Reply: OK guys... no doubt you will hear about this