Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

996 RS Wing from Porsche Motorsport

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 12:55 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Just shoot me a PM when you will be at VIR or just swing on by. Hard to miss the "hey look at me yellow"
Old 02-24-2008, 01:21 PM
datax
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dell, I'm gonna race you at VIR next month. But, you gotta drive my car and I'll drive yours.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:15 PM
mtn 3
Rennlist Member

Hey what about me? All this smack talking and I am the jackass with the cheap wing!! Don't I get any attention. Glad everyone is calming down, now. I am packing it up and shipping it out on Monday.
Any idea who is best source to get the real deal now, should I go Manthey or Oem?
Old 02-24-2008, 02:21 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by datax
Dell, I'm gonna race you at VIR next month. But, you gotta drive my car and I'll drive yours.

Originally Posted by mtn 3
Hey what about me? All this smack talking and I am the jackass with the cheap wing!! Don't I get any attention. Glad everyone is calming down, now. I am packing it up and shipping it out on Monday.
Any idea who is best source to get the real deal now, should I go Manthey or Oem?
We always (well most of the time ) end up calming down. That's the one thing that I like about the majority of the guys here on the GT3 board, we can cool down after a difference of opinions. Now, that can't be said for some of the other sub forums. I stopped posting for the most part over on the 996 forum as it seems to be a younger demographic with very little respect and just constantly spew misinformation and verbal diarrhea.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:40 PM
StevoUK
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you get your wings sorted you might want to consider getting protective vynil film on them before you do any track miles. My wing is getting wrapped in vynil this week to stop any further degradation of the leading edge of the wing and winglets. (its occurred over the last 8000 miles - mostly road with 3 track days.)

Also these angle adjusters are available for more downforce - I have no idea what the feel will be - I'll let you know how I get on. Theory is more rear grip and possibly a bit more understeer. If anyone has tried these please let me know.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-24-2008, 02:54 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I run the 8 degree shims and the grip is DEFINITELY felt!
Old 02-24-2008, 04:56 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I run 4 degree shims full time, and 8 degree shims on tight tracks... I notice a difference!

FWIW, I run mine with the stock wing...

-Blake
Old 02-25-2008, 12:25 AM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
How do you know that the wing has the proper structural integrity to hold the rivets that the stock wing does. I didn't buy the OEM RS wing b/c I wanted to have the ability to say mine is the real deal but rather it scares the hell out of me to put on a part this is NOT developed, tested, etc, by a company that chooses to sell a look rather than a function. That's all.

Lets hope the factory workers who assemble the wings aren't the same ones who install RMS's lol
Old 02-26-2008, 10:53 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Hi Guys,

Sorry had some personal stuff going on for a few days. Anyway, this IS a Porsche factory wing. That is all I sell. Porsche (or their subcontractors really) from time to time on MANY products changes some of the mounting hardware (they have already done it on Euro GT3 seats. And they still did not include the nuts for the things). So you can't always spot the real from the fakes with these subtle clues..

Originally Posted by datax
I sent an PM and email to him and waiting for reply. Put the link of this thread on email too so hopefully he'll be on here soon.

I repacked everything again in case I have to return it. Will take it out again this weekend and take more pictures. Sorry I've been busy with work.

So, JD Motorsport turn out to be a real thing? I kinda knew it since the guy, Greg, sounds pretty straight in the email. He sends me an email whether i'm still interested in the wing.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:01 PM
StevoUK
Rennlist Member

I got mine back today from the wrap guys - here it is - had the mirror housings done red too.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:27 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

John, that is SWEET!!!!!
Old 02-26-2008, 01:32 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by StevoUK
When you get your wings sorted you might want to consider getting protective vynil film on them before you do any track miles. My wing is getting wrapped in vynil this week to stop any further degradation of the leading edge of the wing and winglets. (its occurred over the last 8000 miles - mostly road with 3 track days.)...
The wrap looks great, but must be your weather over there. I live right on the Pacific, have about the same mileage (8000) on my wing, 10 track days, and have no evidence of the peeling you show.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:35 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

FWIW here is the Manthey stuff that I got from Bill at Rennworx
The wing end hardware pictures are not that great... it was the lighting and my crappy skills.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:57 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Awesome...

Originally Posted by StevoUK
I got mine back today from the wrap guys - here it is - had the mirror housings done red too.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:45 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

PJS: Looks good. Having gone through splitters over the last 4 years, I not fathom putting it on the car except for a concourse. Good luck

Quick Reply: 996 RS Wing from Porsche Motorsport