Sponsored by:

2004 996 was told engine needed rebuild-Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 11:49 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,290 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by Slakker
I thought really hard about going this route. Maybe I will next time around. But I didn't want to be without my car for a year and didn't think I could get near as much out of the engine as FSI can. Only 375 days until my due date.
It takes longer to create an engine, than to conceive, and deliver a child!
Old 05-06-2016, 12:00 AM
Valkuri
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, but once you own it, you don't have to send the ungrateful little engine to an expensive college for four years. (whoops, did I type that out loud?)
Old 05-06-2016, 12:13 AM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
Old 05-06-2016, 12:17 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Valkuri
Yeah, but once you own it, you don't have to send the ungrateful little engine to an expensive college for four years. (whoops, did I type that out loud?)
Unless you are like me, and make them work, matching every dollar they earn so they can pay for it themselves. But I'm just an *******.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:46 AM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Unless you are like me, and make them work, matching every dollar they earn so they can pay for it themselves. But I'm just an *******.
Every $1 my kids earn, $.50 goes in their car fund and the other half they can spend on whatever they want (legal and moral of course), no questions asked. They are 12 and 13.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:53 AM
Noz1974
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

At one point during my build I was considering flying over to attend the course!!
Old 05-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Valkuri
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, and some of us are ******** as well, expecting them to supply 10% of a $160,000 education.
Ask me how I know.

I believe you and I, Mr Raby would get along reeeal well.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:05 PM
MBMotorsports
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had my lunch and threw up when I read your post. I thought you stopped with the bs a while ago? I see it's back again...Looks like you're looking for customers and exalting yourself again If you were sooo busy you wouldn't have time to brag about yourself online. Your customers have come to me so if you want to be competitive lower your prices from space. RND motors are also overpriced, instead of bragging online take my advise and you will gain more business.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:38 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

If you were sooo busy you wouldn't have time to brag about yourself online.
Kind of funny. You are here too.

Your customers have come to me so if you want to be competitive lower your prices from space.
Nope. Engines are going up, not down. No problem here with selling engines, I have maintained a 6+ month backlog since 1999. Where were you in 1999? Just wondering.

Of course you have gained some business from those who can't see the value in my program. You are selling engines for 1/2 what we do. You should be more concerned with the prices that dismantlers are selling used engines for, since those engines are your competition- not what we create.

RND motors are also overpriced, instead of bragging online take my advise and you will gain more business.
Tell that to your SSF sales person, not to me. I have zero input into the RND program after developing it for SSF Auto Parts.

You keep doing what you are doing, and so will I. I'm not concerned with your inner workings, and you shouldn't be with mine. I do not seek your posts out and make interjections, like you do to me, and like you have since you popped up a couple of years ago. To me, what you are doing is quite insignificant, and since what we build isn't remotely close, then you should just drop it.
Old 05-09-2016, 03:18 PM
joe-1972
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 05-09-2016, 03:26 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Old 05-09-2016, 03:26 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,165 Likes on 795 Posts

Whatever happened to ^that^ nut job (the chef guy)? Has he had a stroke yet? Damn he was over the top - I guess that's why he got a "reality" TV show ... Ok back to the popcorn... and for Gods sake don't burn it
Old 05-09-2016, 03:45 PM
MBMotorsports
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kind of funny. You are here too.

Nope. Engines are going up, not down. No problem here with selling engines, I have maintained a 6+ month backlog since 1999. Where were you in 1999? Just wondering.

Of course you have gained some business from those who can't see the value in my program. You are selling engines for 1/2 what we do. You should be more concerned with the prices that dismantlers are selling used engines for, since those engines are your competition- not what we create.

Tell that to your SSF sales person, not to me. I have zero input into the RND program after developing it for SSF Auto Parts.

You keep doing what you are doing, and so will I. I'm not concerned with your inner workings, and you shouldn't be with mine. I do not seek your posts out and make interjections, like you do to me, and like you have since you popped up a couple of years ago. To me, what you are doing is quite insignificant, and since what we build isn't remotely close, then you should just drop it.
You have a good product, I never said you don't but you can't steal money from people with your exorbitant prices. The only difference between my rebuilds and your rebuilds is in your mind and your prices. We offer same quality product for reasonable cost without charging an arm and a leg. I told you I would drive your customers away and I did it, now you have to look for business anywhere you can. We also started offering bigger bore option, wait another year and your bigger bore customers will also come to me. That's a promise. I will have more surprises for you in the future
I don't have to worry about dismantlers, I do also sell used engines but they are always tested before removed and it's fully documented with vin and mileage. Dismantlers sell motors out of crash cars, many times so severe they cannot test them. I always pick cars with low mileage and light damage because I send rollers to Europe, fix and sell them there. That's how I have advantage over US dismantlers Due to my European roots and contacts I also have advantage over you.
Every time I will see you exalting yourself online (as I promised you a long time ago) I will point it out. Do you think all people are idiots? That's how you treat them, you want everyone to drink your kool aid but not everyone does. Go bear another baby (engine) and deliver it in extreme pain.

Before you do don't forget to see a good therapist!

Last edited by MBMotorsports; 05-09-2016 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:03 PM
KNS
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

If Jake was a hack he would have been exposed years ago. Does he boast about his product? Yes but his customers who've paid and waited for that product don't complain. They are, in fact, very enthusiastic about the engine that comes back to them.

MB - you may produce an equally fine engine but one never looks good publicly bashing other people.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:22 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MBMotorsports
I told you I would drive your customers away and I did it, now you have to look for business anywhere you can.
I don't know you or anything about your business but if your marketing plan involves bashing someone who is well respected by all of their customers in the very forum that they spend time trying to help people out, I would make sure you had a backup plan. You kind of come across as an insecure *** that is desperate for business. Not saying you are, but as a small business owner I think it's invaluable to have feedback on how people are perceiving me.

Quick Reply: 2004 996 was told engine needed rebuild-Help