Sponsored by:

Well, it wasnt the IMS....

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 03:51 AM
speed rII
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sell me the oilpan baffles?
If those are damaged, I can use those as templates to make new ones.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:29 AM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Arch1t3ct
That is a hard choice to make. If you love the car, put a new motor in it. Definitely much cheaper to buy a new motor than a new car.
Call your local dealer and then report back if you still feel the same?
Old 04-26-2016, 12:57 PM
Arch1t3ct
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Imo000
Call your local dealer and then report back if you still feel the same?
That's going the real big money route; there are other options out there. I believe there was a vendor selling rebuilt motors here in the 10-12k range.

It's a pretty car with some nice upgrades, I don't think there would be any regrets, as long as he's not feeling the itch for something newer.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:55 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

That's going the real big money route; there are other options out there. I believe there was a vendor selling rebuilt motors here in the 10-12k range.

It's a pretty car with some nice upgrades, I don't think there would be any regrets, as long as he's not feeling the itch for something newer.
Most need a core for that rebuild (they are closer to a refresh than a rebuild but that's another discussion) price to stay that low.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:40 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,290 Likes on 902 Posts

Done thoroughly, parts, and processes should cost more than that.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:56 PM
AWDGuy
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, I'm doing a full rebuild and wish it was "only " 10k. lol
Old 04-26-2016, 09:28 PM
MBMotorsports
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
Done thoroughly, parts, and processes should cost more than that.
Yes, because you do everything in US where you have crazy expensive cost for everything. It's because of high cost of maintaining a shop, machine shop, etc...High taxes, insurance cost, high property cost dictates the price you pay for any service or part. This is ridiculous because quality is not necessarily always adequate to cost of products sold. Skilled worker has to make min $25/h -up, it all adds up...This is why we do everything in Poland where I can keep my cost very low and offer my customers great quality for the best value. We also plan to offer bigger bore options due to high customer demand. Cost difference will be only on parts (pistons and connection rods), we assume it won't cost more than 15k which puts us a lot lower than other competitors offering same product. Our US location is focused solely on sales instead of repairs, it makes no sense here with US prices and quality. For example: machine shop in Florida charges $95/hour where in Chicago its $175/hour. Its because same size shop pays $40k in property taxes in Illinois and $10k in Florida. In Poland property tax is basically symbolic, qualified worker makes 4x less than in US. This exact fact helps me keep my cost down and lets my crew spend a lot more time to make sure finished engine is up to highest standards. If anyone questions polish quality of work i propose to disassemble a new Porsche and see where all parts are made. Large % of those parts is made in Poland because its cheaper for German companies. Most of US companies already fled America because of the cost of running a business. Fact is if you want to compete in today's global economy you have to keep your cost to minimum with maximum quality. Fyi, we offer fully rebuilt motors, not refreshed, same quality as our US competitors.

Quick Reply: Well, it wasnt the IMS....