Sponsored by:

Carbon Ceramic Brake Kit for 996

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 06:35 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Carbon Ceramic Brake Kit for 996

RacingBrake is pleased to present this CCM brake package with the following feature:

Package# RCCB-POR-03

CCM Discs: Made by Brembo and supplied by GM for the CCM brakes as the latest Corvette C7 ZR1 & Camaro Z28
Front: 394x36mm
Rear: 390x32mm

Calipers: Designed and made by RacingBrake
Front: 6 pistons (Track duty)
Rear: 4 pistons (Track duty)

Rotor Hats and Hardware:
Exclusively designed and tooled by RB for CCM rotor assembly to assure the rotor integrity with consistent brake torque delivery under extreme braking conditions, easy to assemble/disassemble.

Brake Pads: Same as ZR1/Z28 (for CCM application)
Front: D1395
Rear: D1165
Three levels of compound available: RB XT910 for performance street, OE ZR1 pad for street and medium tracking, RB sintered pads for dedicated tracking.
Benefit of RB CCM Kit.
  • Affordable pricing.
  • Excellent option to replace your old pccb or upgrade from standard iron brake.
  • Transform pccb to the latest CCM set up as Corvette ZR1 and Camaro S28 for the flexibility of disc and pad swap.
  • Low replacement cost on consumables (discs and pads), you can just purchase from GM dealers or online stores (Amazon or eBay) direct for cheaper price with more compound choice from other aftermarket.
  • Kit is built for DIY installation - Including SS brake exclusively developed by RB that eliminates OE rigid lines, brake pads also come with wear sensor connector.
  • Easy on going maintenance - RB's open top calipers allow you to change the pad w/o having to detach the caliper. Brake fluid change and bleeding will also save you frustration on our flexible lines.
  • Receive professional advice and service from RB*, before and after your purchase including our stock on CCM discs and pads for emergency replacement.
*We have been building similar CCM brake kits for GT-R, Mercedes GT-S, Camaro ZL1, Corvette ZR1 (Upgrade light weight hats) and Audi R8/RS5 etc. Under development are Porsche's, Ferrari F430 Scud. and Viper G5.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:39 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Default Fitment Guide

In general this kit will fit those models come with the following caliper mounting spread. Typically 996

Front: 130mm (S55)
Name:  6e80b938-3a00-46c7-97e4-106ceafba171_zpsha7rphk5.png
Views: 871
Size:  84.3 KB

Rear: 130mm (S60)

Name:  72393581-28ac-4492-aae0-7223fd1cc270_zpsjp7oi8tf.png
Views: 861
Size:  84.5 KB
Old 03-19-2016, 06:40 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Brake kit assembly drawing.

Front P/N: 2C22

Rear P/n: 2C23

Links to fitment templates:
http://www.racingbrake.com/v/downloa...-03fitment.pdf

Last edited by RacingBrake; 03-24-2016 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:25 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Link to RCCB brake kit description and pricing.

http://www.racingbrake.com/RB-Calipe...ccb-por-03.htm

Last edited by RacingBrake; 03-24-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:48 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

See other CCM brake kit offer:

For 993
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...for-993-a.html

For 997
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...for-997-a.html

For 991 GT3
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...r-991-gt3.html
Old 03-20-2016, 01:17 PM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts

Link?
Old 03-20-2016, 02:22 PM
Copilot
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RacingBrake

Benefit of RB CCM Kit.[LIST][*]Affordable pricing.
Here's a link:
http://www.racingbrake.com/RB-Calipe...ccb-por-03.htm

I'm sorry, but in what world is $15k for a brake kit "affordable"? That's the entry point for buying an entire 996 these days. I believe what you probably meant was "cheaper than if you bought a PCCB kit directly from the dealer" - but to tout something that costs almost as much as an entire 996 itself as "affordable" makes it appear like you really didn't bother to learn much about the 996 itself.
Old 03-20-2016, 04:50 PM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts

Don't appear to know much about marketing either. Put up an add with no contact info won't bring customers flocking to your "Secret?" door.
Old 03-20-2016, 10:39 PM
JayG
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yea, but you get 2 free 1/2 liter bottles of Motul RBF 600 woo hoo!!!
who could possibly turn down that deal???
Old 03-20-2016, 11:11 PM
Kalashnikov
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, at least if I buy in Arizona I get to pay no sales tax.

Schnell, and the rest of you Cali guys have to add a bit more....Tax (8%): $1,198.56. For a grand total of Total: $16,243.86.

Seems like a worthwhile upgrade to the 996, I would jump on it fellas!

Edit:

Saw they have an upgrade for the rear brakes for my acura. Some rather conflicting information in that listing:

Note: This kit is based off of TL 04-08 but may possibly fit across 99-2010 Acura TL's.
Also, due to the additional thickness of the rotor versus stock, the brake pads used in this kit are thinner than standard stock pads. Stock pads are not compatible with this kit.

Why OE Caliper Big Brake Kit?

Easy Installation - Direct bolt on (although it may require to trim or remove the dust shield). No need to work on brake line or caliper, no bleeding.
Cost Effective – The whole kit can cost less than a set of stock rotors from dealer.
Low Maintenance – Use the stock pads which means their are plenty of choices at affordable prices.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:35 PM
vandersmith
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This may not be in the market for most here due to the price but I'm sure there are some who would consider it. There are many GT3s locally running 380, 390, or 410mm setups that fall in this group that have the skill and budget.

One of the RacingBrake Vipers was out at the track this weekend as well and put down consistently quick times. During one session I was in front and of course eventually behind it, the car performed very well in the more technical sections considering its power and weight.

I used the RacingBrake upgraded pistons with high temp seals on my GT3 brake upgrade. The parts were absolute jewel pieces and worked marvelously at the track this weekend. John with Goldline Brakes helped with my install and remarked that they were some of the best components he's seen and should work much better than the stock ceramics. He said the machining was top shelf.

I trust guy's I know and stuff I've actually used. Based on my experience I am sure this is probably one of the better, if not the best, kits available even if I can't justify the price.

RacingBrake upgraded pistons and high temp seals.

Piston impressions after a full day at the track.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:15 PM
MomentaryRacing
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks, Vandersmith - it was a nice day out at Pacific. We still have a lot of work to do on the car, but for the first day of brand new race build, it worked well.

We just got RB's piston rebuild kits, and are about to put them into stock Brembos - it would be really nice to finally be able to keep the dust away from piston bores. There is a history of Brembo pistons getting damaged from "heavy duty" use, on this car - even back when it was a track day/dual use car - all of them are beyond reconditioning at this point (they no longer travel in/out smoothly due to scoring on the pistons).

Wish we could use these calipers too, but GT-2/ST rules restrict our wheel/brake sizes. We are hoping the upgraded RB pistons and seals will address wear issues on the caliper hardware.

Last edited by MomentaryRacing; 03-21-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:43 AM
vandersmith
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MomentaryRacing
Thanks, Vandersmith - it was a nice day out at Pacific. We still have a lot of work to do on the car, but for the first day of brand new race build, it worked well.

We just got RB's piston rebuild kits, and are about to put them into stock Brembos - it would be really nice to finally be able to keep the dust away from piston bores. There is a history of Brembo pistons getting damaged from "heavy duty" use, on this car - even back when it was a track day/dual use car - all of them are beyond reconditioning at this point (they no longer travel in/out smoothly due to scoring on the pistons).

Wish we could use these calipers too, but GT-2/ST rules restrict our wheel/brake sizes. We are hoping the upgraded RB pistons and seals will address wear issues on the caliper hardware.
No problem, car looked and sounded amazing! Had a big grin watching you come up on me in the straight, was more than happy to point you by through turn 2

The big thing here is that I wanted to make sure there was less opinion and more facts on RB here. A lot of very smart and knowledgeable people - The guys at Chris's German Auto and John from Goldline (who has rebuilt thousands of brakes for Porsche and other applications) were all really impressed with the RB rebuild kits. If that much effort and accuracy is put into a small batch kit, I can only imagine what goes into these high end applications.

See ya out there again sometime
Old 03-24-2016, 03:44 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Following links are updated to #3 and #4 post:

Brake kit assembly dwgs
Fitment template link

Item and pricing link
Old 03-24-2016, 03:55 PM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,673 Likes on 923 Posts

How would this "Racing Brake" kit be any better in performance than the OEM Porsche system that sells for $8150. At least that what in my Porsche book for the 996. I'm sure it gone up since these number were printed, but almost twice the price???

Quick Reply: Carbon Ceramic Brake Kit for 996