996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Yet another 996 Cylinder 1 misfire thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016 | 10:06 PM
MBMotorsports
Banned

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
Once again MB has to go out of his way to drag me into this. Let's make this clear, Martin:

I am not the one here that's in question. My company isn't the one thats not standing behind the work. Your's is, and you damn sure better not make your problems into my problems. Don't even try that. Don't try to create diversionary comparisons about things you have no idea about, like you do every single time anyone brings anything up.

It is clear that I am your hero; your superstar, and that you want to be like me when you grow up.. We get that. Thats why you chase me around like a puppy, looking at every pic we post, trying to learn something new. BUT I have figured out Martin's motive and plan here... When he gets under the magnifying glass, he brings me up and forces me to reply, which then lightens the load on Martin.. He knows I am going to reply, to clarify things about my program, just like I am doing in this post.

So, what IF those lifter bodies that you referenced from my photo albums were disassembled and re- valved? What if the bodies were cryogenically enhanced? What if a jig was used to break new cam bodies in with their respective camshafts before the engine was built, just to ensure we'd not have problems after delivery, like you have? What if the internal springs were altered, and what if... What if?? Thats right, you don't know... You won't ever know. Everything I mentioned above is a possibility with what we build, but sometimes we simply reuse lifters, too. Like Pete said, my 14 page proposal (with zero fine print) with him even stated in bold font that this would occur.

Moreover, no matter what I have done, how, or when, you won't find a single one of my purchasers with a complaint of a bad lifter, so whatever the hell I have been doing has worked better than what you have done.

You are throwing darts in a dark room, trying to justify your failure to meet the customer's expectations, and then not standing behind the warranty that you always rave about.

Nope, again, this isn't about me, and it isn't about what we charge for anything. I am NOT the one here with a dis- pleased customer that has a warranty claim that is not being honored. No part of this thread has been about my customer, and time and time again Martin has referenced, and used us as a resource.

DrMems, if you need help, I'll help you. I'll be in your area next month instructing a class, and I might need your car for a prop.

Everyone else:
Lots of lessons to be learned here for purchasers, and vendors alike. One day I'll end up here with a less than pleased customer, and you guys will see how I handle this. Its going to happen, guaranteed, and I stand by, prepared for it every single hour of every single day.

All the pics on Facebook are being removed, and placed on our server, and will be copyright 2016 Raby Enterprises Inc, and may not be shared, or reproduced without written permission from Raby Enterprises Inc. We have zero to hide from our purchasers, or anyone else, which is why we post the pics of every build that the customer allows us to share publicly. This way I can protect them with copyright, unlike Facebook sharing. Copyright, Patents, and Trademarks are what we have to spend money on to protect our intellectual property, so one reason things cost so much is because of people like Martin who force us to spend money to apply this protection.
Great! This only proves you're afraid someone knowledgeable will point something out about your work. You would have to raise the quality of your work to try to compete with me. If you rebuild m96/97 engines the same way you do with air cooled motors then you will gain my respect and you will be able to compete with me. Your air cooled motors are done very well but that's individual matter. You will have to lower your price for m96/7 because you're charging too much. A lot of people can rebuild these motors same way for a lot less money not making a big deal out of it. It's not a flight to the moon. Now your system has crashed because there is someone to pinpoint your mistakes.
I also told you and everyone else that your ims solution is very good.
We got to know each other a little bit over the years. You treated me as another sucker who should repair Hyundai's instead of Porsches. You just did not know you stumbled upon someone who can challenge you and who can pinpoint your mistakes. You got under my skin and believe me I wont let it slide. Whatever you do I will always have a plan b. Right now I'm 30% of the way, all your potential customers are already buying from me. Next 2 years when we talk you will see full 100% of my plan in effect By then you will see that your backlog will shrink and slowly disappear. That's a promise.
Btw, I already have pictures of those rusty rods and many more from your fb which you installed in your expensive rebuilds
Old 05-26-2016 | 10:18 PM
MBMotorsports
Banned

Jake, I can see you're currently working very hard to remove all photos from rebuilds on your fb page. I'd remove the one below asap because it shows rusty rods being installed in a freshly rebuilt engine. That doesn't look like sterile conditions to me! I already have lots of copies of those pics, don't worry!
I have more for you! You should verify who takes your classes a little better
Attached Images  
Old 05-26-2016 | 10:29 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Great! This only proves you're afraid someone knowledgeable will point something out about your work.
Note that I never said the pics wouldn't be shared.. They will, they'll just be shared where they can be copyright protected from thieves.

You would have to raise the quality of your work to try to compete with me. If you rebuild m96/97 engines the same way you do with air cooled motors then you will gain my respect and you will be able to compete with me. Your air cooled motors are done very well but that's individual matter.
Thats laughable.. You are the one chasing me around, trying to find things wrong with what we do. There's zero competition between what we do. You see what I intend for you to see. What we do makes more power than anyone in this industry, and you won't read of a failure. You will also not read of someone that has a complaint because I won't stand behind the work.

You will have to lower your price for m96/7 because you're charging too much. A lot of people can rebuild these motors same way for a lot less money not making a big deal out of it.
No, I won't. Prices go up, not down.

It's not a flight to the moon. Now your system has crashed because there is someone to pinpoint your mistakes.
Again, this isn't about me. I've made no mistakes, and I have followed my proposals verbatim. Again, this is about your issue, and not mine.

I also told you and everyone else that your ims solution is very good.
I don't give a damn what you think about it. Got that?

We got to know each other a little bit over the years.
No, if you knew me, you'd know better than to push me in the manner that you have.

You treated me as another sucker who should repair Hyundai's instead of Porsches. You just did not know you stumbled upon someone who can challenge you and who can pinpoint your mistakes.
You said it, not me.

You got under my skin and believe me I wont let it slide. Whatever you do I will always have a plan b. Right now I'm 30% of the way, all your potential customers are already buying from me. Next 2 years when we talk you will see full 100% of my plan in effect By then you will see that your backlog will shrink and slowly disappear. That's a promise.
How many company names will you cycle through between now and then?

Btw, I already have pictures of those rusty rods and many more from your fb which you installed in your expensive rebuilds
Whatever.

Start standing behind your work, else you'll not stand a chance with any "overthrow" that you have planned.

Last edited by Flat6 Innovations; 05-26-2016 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-26-2016 | 10:54 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MBMotorsports
you will gain my respect...Your air cooled motors are done very well but that's individual matter....I also told you and everyone else that your ims solution is very good. We got to know each other a little bit over the years. You treated me as another sucker ...You just did not know you stumbled upon someone who can challenge you.... You got under my skin and believe me I wont let it slide. ....Next 2 years when we talk you will see full 100% of my plan in effect....I already have pictures of those rusty rods....
This is like psycho gay man crush stalker **** here. This goes way beyond irrational obsession.
Old 05-26-2016 | 11:52 PM
MBMotorsports
Banned

Jake, to end this subject we will get back to this conversation in 2 years when you're supposedly retired. Just like 2 years ago you promised me a first copy of your book with special dedication which was supposed to be a fire starter for my fireplace, in 2 more years we will see that you're still looking for customers on rl feeding them your cool aid. I'd forget thinking about retirement if I were you, you know it and I know it its never going to happen in 2 years.
Old 05-27-2016 | 12:00 AM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Good night Martin
Old 05-27-2016 | 12:41 AM
MBMotorsports
Banned

Good night Jake.
Old 05-27-2016 | 05:13 AM
LexVan
Banned

Good night moon.
Old 05-27-2016 | 08:17 AM
AWDGuy
Three Wheelin'

and the cow jumping over the moon.
Old 05-27-2016 | 10:31 AM
alpine003
Banned

Originally Posted by Flat6 Innovations
Good night Martin
Originally Posted by MBMotorsports
Good night Jake.
Lol, did I just witness a classic WB cartoon moment?

Anybody wanna guess the cartoon?
Old 05-27-2016 | 10:42 AM
AWDGuy
Three Wheelin'

Old 05-27-2016 | 11:30 AM
ZuffenZeus
Nordschleife Master

This like the ending of "The Waltons"

Ha!
Old 05-27-2016 | 01:43 PM
alpine003
Banned

Originally Posted by AWDGuy
Not quite. Was thinking more of Ralph Wolf and Sam Sheepdog episodes.

Old 05-27-2016 | 02:06 PM
AWDGuy
Three Wheelin'

shoula figured that one out!

Now I know Jake has a facebook page, thanks Martin!
Old 05-27-2016 | 03:12 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alpine003
Not quite. Was thinking more of Ralph Wolf and Sam Sheepdog episodes. Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kerUbfOQTW0
Dang it. I remembered the episodes but I couldn't remember the characters. Great stuff.

Quick Reply: Yet another 996 Cylinder 1 misfire thread