blown engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 09:14 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,290 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by MBMotorsports
Ahsai,

I've never heard of or seen any IMS bearing fail due to engine scoring. Raby and Navarro will keep coming up with new failure causes so they won't have to admit their product fails. Between my 2 locations, we take apart a few engines with scoring issues a month. None of those engines had damaged IMS bearing. The only extreme case I've seen here belonged to our local customer, he drove his car with scoring problem to work everyday. Car still ran but catalytic converters were clogged with oil which was passing through the pistons. He had a misfire on all 3 cylinders, engine was barely turning, he still drove it everyday. Smoke behind him was so bad you couldn't see his car if you were behind him. After I personally took this engine apart, it was absolutely the worst scoring case I've seen in my life, IMS bearing was untouched. There was NOTHING wrong with it, not even loose! It's impossible for scoring to cause IMS bearing failure.
Once again, they will both think of any reason not to admit their product is the cause of failure. People can keep buying it for $800, it only gives me more work
Anything within an engine that wears created debris. This debris travels to every internally lubricated part of the engine; not just the IMSB.

Even the most inexperienced person in the room knows this.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:18 PM
MBMotorsports
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Charles Navarro
Let's get one thing straight. You sold an engine to someone that had a bearing failure. Yes, it was one of our bearings. I never disagreed about that. You used the failure to further your own interests and agenda and that blew up in your face. We were never given a chance to make good on any part of that engine or ims bearing as it was more important to lift yourself up. You were kicked off a forum over it too and had to buy your way back in to try to sell more engines. Unless I am given the chance to make good on a customer's complaint, you have no right to complain or take issue with my product, service, or anything else for that matter.
Charles,

I hoped you might have learned something by now. You should keep your less than intelligent comments to yourself. I stopped posting about your bearings publicly because I have no interest in it. It only gives me more work because I rebuild engines with LN bearings. I don't care about promoting my bearings, it's only a tiny % of my business. Unlike you, where you make your living selling those overpriced bearings which are not worth more than $100. Anyone can buy a $40 Japanese bearing and put SKF ceramic ***** in it. It's not a problem, anyone can do it. You have mentioned once that nobody can get those ceramic *****, but that is not true. SKF in Poland can bring me a whole truck of them, they have seen your ceramic ***** and said it's not an issue. If I wanted to sell them, I would have done it a long time ago. Your customers end up repairing their engines for 11,000 after your product fails. I have observed IMS sales recently and I can see a decline in sales for ball bearings, where roller bearings sales have gone up. Prepare yourself for even more failures, all the kits people installed will only get more miles on them and start failing more often. Same thing will happen to overprised nicasil resleeved blocks. I also know which company you send them to, if you keep commenting too much about me I will post the company publicly so people will save money and go directly to them.
You also made yourself look like an *** after you told you know who not to service my cylinder heads if he wants your business. The only outcome from that was him making less money. I have found another company in Europe which has really amazing prices and same quality products. You both came up with rnd engines trying to kill my business, but I guess you have little luck with that so far. Guys from SSF called me up trying to get my business and told me you can count the sales with one hand. I'm afraid you won't be able to compete with me unless you lower your prices by half
Good luck Charles, you're going to need it

-Martin Biernacki

Last edited by MBMotorsports; 09-07-2015 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:31 PM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Marty....amazing how your English has improved. Good for you! Gotta ask...with those truck loads of bearings you can get does the same truck include all the motors from your theft ring? America what a country!
Old 09-07-2015, 09:31 PM
Flat6 Innovations
Former Vendor

Received 2,290 Likes on 902 Posts

Old 09-07-2015, 09:55 PM
MBMotorsports
Banned

Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete
Marty....amazing how your English has improved. Good for you! Gotta ask...with those truck loads of bearings you can get does the same truck include all the motors from your theft ring? America what a country!
LOL, I have a translator hired full time If you laugh at my English, maybe you could learn some polish and try to impress me? I also speak a little bit of Russian and German. How about you? Before I came to US, I visited a lot of places, it's good to travel, it really teaches you a lot. I recommend it to everyone, it really widens your horizons.
Before accusing me of having anything to do with stealing, come to my shop and take a look at how many cars we purchase from auctions. All of our engines are removed from documented cars with a vin# and mileage. As a matter of fact, I just purchased 2 more today, one in Atlanta, close to your friend
Do you really think I would sell stolen motors in this police country?
Old 09-07-2015, 10:08 PM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

LOL, I have a translator hired full time If you laugh at my English, maybe you could learn some polish and try to impress me? I also speak a little bit of Russian and German. How about you? Before I came to US, I visited a lot of places, it's good to travel, it really teaches you a lot. I recommend it to everyone, it really widens your horizons.
Before accusing me of having anything to do with stealing, come to my shop and take a look at how many cars we purchase from auctions. All of our engines are removed from documented cars with a vin# and mileage. As a matter of fact, I just purchased 2 more today, one in Atlanta, close to your friend
Do you really think I would sell stolen motors in this police country?
Look familiar?

http://m.deseretnews.com/article/212....google.com%2F

pocałuj mnie w dupę amerykańskiej
Old 09-07-2015, 10:25 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 339 Likes on 245 Posts

Look familiar?

That story is from 1992 you arrogant American.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:29 PM
MBMotorsports
Banned

Look familiar?

Google translate doesn't always translate correctly There are grammar errors, should have been: pocaluj mnie w moja amerykanska dupe. But what else could I have expected an American from Indiana to say to me in Polish other than this. Maybe you ate too much of that gmo corn from Indiana
That article talks about 1990's, that's 25 years ago man! Car theft happens all over the world, in America too.
BTW, maybe you should look into your family tree, America was created by immigrants. The only red blooded Americans were Indians which were killed by the settlers.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:54 PM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

Google translate doesn't always translate correctly There are grammar errors, should have been: pocaluj mnie w moja amerykanska dupe. But what else could I have expected an American from Indiana to say to me in Polish other than this. Maybe you ate too much of that gmo corn from Indiana
That article talks about 1990's, that's 25 years ago man! Car theft happens all over the world, in America too.
BTW, maybe you should look into your family tree, America was created by immigrants. The only red blooded Americans were Indians which were killed by the settlers.
Ouch.......I'm originally from Milwaukee so I prefer a brat over a corn cob any day.

I do remember in one of your posts you boast about a polish supply chain. Why don't explain about the chain? You seem to come from out of the blue and tout your version of an IMS fix. Now you don't care to sell it....makes no sense.

Ashai sorry this thread went South.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:07 PM
KrazyK
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Well the arguing really doesn't help solve the problems. I think we all can agree that the M96 was an ill conceived POS from Porsche prone to many types of failures.

I think we can also agree that JR knows more about said engine than anyone else alive or dead so all would be wise to listen to what he says about it rather than point fingers at those that had nothing to do with designing the said POS in the first place.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:11 PM
MBMotorsports
Banned

Ouch.......I'm originally from Milwaukee so I prefer a brat over a corn cob any day.

I do remember in one of your posts you boast about a polish supply chain. Why don't expalin about the chain? You seem to come from out of the blue and tout your version of an IMS fix. Now you don't care to sell it....makes no sense.

Ashai sorry this thread went South.
I do get a lot of cores from Poland, parts too. Not sure if you realize that Poland is in European Union, all borders are open, Polish people speak English. Germans, Italians, Austrians, French and others buy and sell parts from/to Poland. The market has changed quite a bit since 1990's, people buy and sell things all over Europe. Same thing here in US, I don't know how else could I explain it to you. We have customers all over the world, just today I was dealing with customers from Turkey and Italy. They either need engines or want to sell their car with broken engine. Having 2 locations and connections all over the world helps us service clients all over the globe.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:36 PM
JayG
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Look familiar?

That's out of line and irrelevant
no need to stir the crap even more
Old 09-08-2015, 02:28 AM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by mhariush
Ahsai, what are you doing with the car/engine? Seem like my car is heading in the same direction... I had the iron sludge on my drain plug and thin flakes of ferrous shavings in the oil filter...

$6-15K in repair for the engine on a $12K car isn't worth it. But I am intrigued about tearing it down and fixing it myself. I did it with a 944 with bent valves. But if I need to replace Camshafts at $1K a piece it's going to get too pricey too fast...

Hmmm
mhariush, I'm also pondering the same. My current estimate is $5-6k engine parts, $5k cylinder resleeving, $1k reconditioning the heads and machine works. My cams and crankshaft appear to be good (will send them to a machine shop to verify). The parts are very expensive on this engine so it doesn't make much economcal sense to rebuild it on a higher mileage/older car.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:54 AM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Martin, I can imagine scored cylinders will not affect a stock imsb as much as an open ball bearing, which is more suceptible to debris. When it's hard to say in this case which is the culprit, at least that's a posibility.

Guys, could we refocus back on technical issues without bringing any personal attack or other business issues?
Old 09-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Sneaky Pete
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Ahsai

Guys, could we refocus back on technical issues without bringing any personal attack or other business issues?
Agreed and like I said sorry it went South. Just tired of this guy.

Quick Reply: blown engine