Sponsored by:

996 Stereo Upgrades in Here

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2024, 07:51 AM
c_mims
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fridsten
Have you tried inserting a memory card? I pushed a micro SD card into the slot and it just disappeared. After removing the front of the unit (there's not much inside), I discovered what the problem was...
That must have been a surprise haha. Glad you could get it back.
Old 07-10-2024, 08:20 AM
marshcroft
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dfvera
Thanks. I'd love to see what you've done, because I'm kind of stumped about a decent solution. I was hoping not to have to hack it (eg. gluing blocks of wood!), but perhaps that's the only option. Sadocom support has been useless -- absolutely useless.

There's no way to secure the installation cage to the radio unit. And then there's no way to secure the cage to the inside of the dashboard.

My only other consideration is to flip the OEM metal bracket around to so that it's forward facing and can kind of cradle the unit... somehow (see red arrow in attached pic). Ugh. What a PITA!

I was the one who made the thingiverse wedge, I have actually made an update of it that I will upload when I get back on Monday, the head unit clips into the front plastic frame not the rear metal one. Did you have the double din or did you cut away the single din bracket. Also on mine the metal sprung side clips I did use a flat head screw driver to pull them out a little further when pushing it should just click into place very snug and won't move.
Old 07-10-2024, 08:41 AM
danix
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by marshcroft
I was the one who made the thingiverse wedge, I have actually made an update of it that I will upload when I get back on Monday, the head unit clips into the front plastic frame not the rear metal one. Did you have the double din or did you cut away the single din bracket. Also on mine the metal sprung side clips I did use a flat head screw driver to pull them out a little further when pushing it should just click into place very snug and won't move.
I cut away the singe din bracket. Ordered the double din but it wasn't the right fit for my car.
Thanks for making the designs and updates, I'm sure that it will help others.

Anyone having random volume surges? I am on a long drive and noticed that here's times where the volume jumps up on its own and I have to lower it.
Old 07-10-2024, 08:46 AM
marshcroft
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Can you get me a photo of the single din that you cut away at I can send you the brackets if you can't print them

Quick Reply: 996 Stereo Upgrades in Here