Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jml8785
I have scoured this string and have only come up with 1 possible solution for my 2 year old. Needs to be forward facing with integrated harness. The whole thing strapped to the car with the factory seatbelt.

Evenflow Chase DLX

Did I miss any other options?
You should check the chest clip on this. Dry fit your kid before you buy it. I found it had poor adjustments and choked my kid.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Keep the pics coming guys!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Speedyellow993
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjdavis
Success! The little man came home from the hospital in the 911, and wife was fine in the front seat. Only a 5 block trip, but still, a success.

So, a hearty endorsement for the Cybex Aton as a good infant seat for the 996.
Congrats!!!!

Welcome to no sleep for the next few years.

We need better pics.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Nosoup4u
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Great thread

I am a little confused ... looking at the probooster and vivo. Looks like numbers are off? I look at Amazon and the numbers they provide are different (measurements) than numbers found on Recaro's website.

Also, width of probooster is significant at 2" with depth being 3" greater compared to the vivo.

1) does it fit tightly and nice?
2) looks like vivo gives you ability to move seat farther back if you are taller vs. probooster? What is fitment like?

Anyone compared both recently? Local store would not let me take into my car, unfortunately ... (tried a local babies 'r us). My kids are 38" tall and 31#'s. I have a 996 coupe.

Amazon.com: Recaro ProBooster High Back Booster Car Seat, Blue Opal: Baby Amazon.com: Recaro ProBooster High Back Booster Car Seat, Blue Opal: Baby

http://www.recaro-cs.com/us/product/...robooster.html

width = 19.5"
Height = 26" - 33.5"
Depth = 15"
Weight = 11.5 lbs.

Amazon.com: Recaro Vivo High Back Booster, Carbon: Baby Amazon.com: Recaro Vivo High Back Booster, Carbon: Baby

http://www.recaro-cs.com/us/product/...vo.html#c99719

width = 17.5"
Height = 27" - 32.5"
Depth = 12"
Weight = 11 lbs.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:44 PM
WalterRohrl
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Vivo, it fits perfectly. The seat itself seems a lot snugger than a Graco Turboboost that we have in the other cars, but on the plus side our 4year old (who is on the small side) fits PERFECTLY and seems secure in the Vivo, in the other cars we still have him in a Britax. However our 6year old also fits in the Vivo just fine. It is a little hard to get the buckle done due to the high sides but I have mastered doing it while reaching back from the driver's seat. My 6year old can do it himself. I do not have any experience with the ProBooster. The Vivo is so cheap, just order one and if you don't like it, return it. But it is good.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:32 AM
mjdavis
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fpena944
Ordered the Cybex Aton (in heavenly blue which matches my car!) and it arrived yesterday. I did a test fit and it does fit perfectly but the front seat has to be scooted up nearly all the way to the dashboard.

Did you only remove the bottom pad or did you also remove the back of the seat for that extra inch of space?

I'm glad it fits but I was hoping for a little extra room in the front.
It's definitely a tight fit in front. Mrs. D finds that the setup is actually not bad because there's plenty of legroom in the footwell. Haven't tried a drive longer than an hour though.

I had never thought of removing the seat back, but that's a great idea, I will try it out.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Kharz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an older version of:
Amazon.com: Recaro Vivo High Back Booster, Carbon: Baby Amazon.com: Recaro Vivo High Back Booster, Carbon: Baby

Its amazing; good for kids and fits perfectly due to its narrow base
Old 06-15-2013, 01:40 AM
eagle11401
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Britax B-Safe for us. Width is good but its a little long (infant, rear facing). My wife is 5'1 so it works for us, probably couldn't get someone up front that's much taller though. Good thread.

http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/b-safe
Old 06-16-2013, 08:58 AM
perryinva
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OMG! This thread is REALLY about baby seats!! I thought it was code for a booby thread! Sorry....
Old 06-16-2013, 09:38 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I have (2) of my Britax Roundabouts available if anybody is interested.

Here is a pic (which I am sure I've posted before) of the ProBooster and Roundabout in my 6Turbo. Also one in the 6Cab.
Attached Images   
Old 06-27-2013, 08:12 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

im expecting a newborn in November. What is the hottest seat available for a newborn that will fit in a 997 turbo coupe?

Does porsche make anything?

Anybody selling a slightly used example?
Old 06-28-2013, 11:52 AM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
im expecting a newborn in November. What is the hottest seat available for a newborn that will fit in a 997 turbo coupe?

Does porsche make anything?

Anybody selling a slightly used example?
Here is what I bought:

http://cybex-online.com/us/carseats/aton.html

It's tight but it fits in the back seat without any modifications.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:41 AM
Nosoup4u
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay, after spending the past 3 weeks experimenting, I settled on the porsche seats because came across a good deal for a set of 2. My kids are a little over 3 years - and under 40 lbs and 40". I took out the rear seat backs and cushions. Mine is a 2003 TT coupe.

I was able to experiment with the cosco version that some people recommended from Walmart, the Recaro ones [not the vivo's - but, the probooster], etc.

I have pictures to show the fitment if anyone is interested. If people are interested, can host or send them directly to you. These were my observations:

a) recaro probooster's - these are fairly wide. It was a bit difficult to access and use the seatbelt mechanisms ... I am not sure if the vivo's are narrower in the base portion; but, because the probooster is so wide at the base - the seat itself rides right up against the seatbelt receptacles. Thus, making it difficult to clip in and out. At least for me. They clip in - don't get me wrong; but, it sits right against the receptacles - very, very, snugly. These are around $90/each shipped from Amazon. So, a good deal.

b) the cosco's - while, being the cheapest, are definitely not ones I would recommend. I had a horrendous time trying to get these to sit level. I used some towels, etc. They did not fit securely for me no matter what i was trying. I am sure if I spent time on each one trying to level with more towels, etc. ... it might work; but, at $39.99 -- IMO, you might as well spend the extra $50 and get the probooster's instead.

c) the porsche booster seats. These fit great, obviously; but, the weight is lower - thus, eventually, I will need to get newer ones once kids exceed 80 lbs, which will not be for awhile. There is plenty of room between the seatbelt receptacles and the seat itself, making it easy for me to clip in and out. It fits snugly ... and does not rock back and forth at all. I am wondering if the vivo's fit more like these porsche ones than the proboosters.

Conclusion - the probooster's are definitely a great fit. No rocking, etc. Much cheaper than if you were to buy the porsche ones. My kids are on the smaller side - so, the probooster's might be a bit too large/wide. I suspect that the vivo's probably might be a better fit with smaller children. Not entirely sure though if the width of the base is the same as the probooster - and, if it would be similar to the receptacle issue I found.

The probooster's seem very solidly made compared to the cosco's - hand's down.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:22 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

so again, for a newborn, what rear facing seat will fit in a 997.2 coupe?
Old 07-07-2013, 11:56 PM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
so again, for a newborn, what rear facing seat will fit in a 997.2 coupe?
Fpena already replied to you. The interior dimensions on a 996 and 997 are identical

Quick Reply: Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.