Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 05:08 PM
leejo
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently bought my first 911, an '04 996. One evening I was walking out of a restaurant with my kids and two hipsters were leaning up against their nearby vehicle smoking. As I was letting the kids into the Porsche one yelled over "hey man, NICE car seat!" So far, the Recaro Vivo carseat, which fits like a champ, has been the most inspiring part of the car to those most highly attuned to cool things - young smokers. My son likes his car seat too.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:43 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by roadsession
Fpena already replied to you. The interior dimensions on a 996 and 997 are identical
I figured the sizes are the same. Although i am interested in a rear facing seat that will fit in the back of a TT for a newborn. ( Not 2 year old etc)
Old 07-08-2013, 11:46 PM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
I figured the sizes are the same. Although i am interested in a rear facing seat that will fit in the back of a TT for a newborn. ( Not 2 year old etc)
? Did you do a search on the seat that fpena specified in his reply to you ? It's the Cybex Aton and its a newborn to 18 month rear facing seat.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:02 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by roadsession
? Did you do a search on the seat that fpena specified in his reply to you ? It's the Cybex Aton and its a newborn to 18 month rear facing seat.
noticed the Cybex however was not really feeling it.... looking for something more.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:14 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

folks, after much research i found it important to point out that for a rear facing newborn seat it would be wise to match it with a stroller.
The pimpest stroller i have come across is the bugaboo cameleon 3 which offer adapters to fit most any decent seat.

I am looking at Peg Perego and it should fit...
Old 08-01-2013, 07:39 PM
shearlayer
3rd Gear

I ended up with a maxi cosi Rubi. The American car seats will not work because the rear seat buckle is not recessed into the seat. It is too far forward so you can't pull the child seat into the passenger seat like you can with a latch system. The mamas & Papas Pro-tec routes the lap belt around the front of base and the shoulder belt over the top. That works great but that seat is discontinued. The Rubi has the same securing system and was available for US shipping from a German retailer. It is a pretty solid installation and there is plenty of room for my wife and three year old. I hope this helps somebody because finding this seat was a real pain.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130801_153852.png
Views: 4976
Size:  640.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130801_153912.png
Views: 4849
Size:  620.6 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130801_153923.png
Views: 4319
Size:  841.1 KB
Old 08-05-2013, 12:53 PM
CSH951
6th Gear

Shearlayer

Great Pics. I have been haunted by trying to fit a forward facing car seat in a 2005 996T-S cab back seat for a while now.

Can you advise the supplier you bought from?

Did you use towels to stabilize the back or under the seat?
I see you removed the seat base and seat mid section- and left the seat back in the car.

I have tried tons of seats and cant get them to fit properly. They always shift.

only looking for a seat with a built in 5 point harness.

Diorio didnt fit.
Britax roundabout didnt fit - btw all the britax convertible seats use the same frame and base. only difference is padding and options.
Recaros didnt fit-

(daughter is about 28 lb. 36 " tall)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Dan
Old 08-05-2013, 04:10 PM
CSH951
6th Gear

Has anyone used a Maxi Cosi Rubi in a cabriolet?
I know the seat back angle is steeper.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:32 PM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CSH951
Has anyone used a Maxi Cosi Rubi in a cabriolet?
I know the seat back angle is steeper.
I tried too many seats.
In the end I bit the bullet and bought a Porsche Junior seat. It fits like a glove - perfectly. My son loves it. And best of front seat does not need to be moved that far forward. My wife and I are 5' 11" and we sit comfortably with the seat installed.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...or-my-son.html
Old 08-05-2013, 05:41 PM
CSH951
6th Gear

Thank you Roadsession.
I never found your prior thread.

I'm going to try to hunt down one of them.

I would like the extra room and definitely want a seat that is as over-engineered
as the car itself.

I will post a pic after i get one.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:05 PM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Thank you Roadsession.

I would like the extra room and definitely want a seat that is as over-engineered
as the car itself.

They come up on ebay every once in a while as well as the rennlist marketplace.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:07 PM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Thank you Roadsession.

as the car itself.

read this post...

http://www.renntech.org/forums/topic...a-996/?p=67531
Old 08-05-2013, 06:20 PM
CSH951
6th Gear

That seat is discontinued.
This is the replacement.

http://www.porschepartsnationwide.co...catalogid=5640

Has anyone tried this in the back seat of a cabrio?
Old 08-19-2013, 04:56 PM
CSH951
6th Gear

A little update- I bought the Porsche Junior Seat.

It fits but its a major pain in the *** to install and use. I'm still not set on keeping it.

Getting the 3 point factory belt tight is a nightmare. You have to fit your fingers through the back and guide it through. And then its very tough to get the lap portion tight and still have enough material to guide the remaining shoulder strap through the shoulder guides.

After that- getting my daughter in and out sucks. You can only adjust the straps by snapping the straps closed with the child out of the seat. You have to depress the loosen button in the center and pull the straps at the same time to release more material and you can't fully loosen the belts. Makes me wonder how I'm going to fit her when she is bigger.

After you put the child in the seat- its not very easy to tighten the harness. I don't know why it is so difficult to pull it tight. But after you do- the last thing you want to do is have to take the child out and do it again.

We did end up taking an hour ride out to a farm on the north fork of long island to pick peaches this weekend. My daughter loved the ride after crying when i strapped her in.

She did manage to fall asleep on the way home but she can sleep through a tornado in any position.

The Mrs's didn't appreciate that my knuckles bled all over her white dress from strapping her in. Seems i didnt notice the cut on my knuckle from banging around installing the seat before putting her in.

It was fun trying to get the blood out of her dress with an ice cube. I didn't want to damage the material.

I'm thinking of trying a Rubi now.

http://www.porschepartsnationwide.co...catalogid=5640
Old 08-27-2013, 09:08 PM
nc911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Inflatable booster seat base

So my 6 year old is too big for her Safe Rider vest now.

I looked around for the typical booster seat base but couldn't find anything that looked like would fit into GT3 Recaro buckets.

Amazon to the rescue

The "Bubble Bum".
Amazon.com: BubbleBum Car Booster Seat (Black-Silver): Baby Amazon.com: BubbleBum Car Booster Seat (Black-Silver): Baby

Gave it a test drive tonight.
The seat belt fits around her body comfortably and safely.

My 2 cent contribution to this thread.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Time for and updated baby seat model thread? Past threads have outdated names, etc.