996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Cary/Apex Coffee and Bagels

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 05:04 PM
cdaniels
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuttal...glad I finally woke everybody up.....

Mr. Saville,
Wasn't that a mid-engine air cooled you wrecked at Targa Newfoundland on
national TV?

Originally Posted by naroescape
Excuse me Mr. Charles, your friendly neighborhood PCA Zone 3 Rep was considering stopping up there one of these days, but if I am going to be discriminated against because I drive a much superior handling mid-engine car, I guess I won't.

Keep in mind, also, that when Porsche builds its TOP OF THE LINE race cars and super cars, they put the engine exactly where it belongs....in the MIDDLE. (see RS Spyder, Carrera GT, etc)

oh, and btw, if we're splitting hairs, REAL Porsches don't have water in them.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:13 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 662 Likes on 334 Posts

Wow, getting personal now aren't we?

And what does that have to do with anything?

EDIT: And yes, that was also the same mid-engine air cooled that we were able to get back together and actually drive across the finish line. Not too shabby for a 36 year old car... unlike the water cooled 911 that slightly dinged a wall and busted a radiator - done for the week and undrivable....

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Last edited by NaroEscape; 04-01-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:30 PM
SH || NC
Drifting

Bob, you are more than welcome anytime; please drop by to share a big cop o' joe! I hate the air/water debate; they always turn good people sour.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:55 PM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

EDIT: And yes, that was also the same mid-engine air cooled that we were able to get back together and actually drive across the finish line. Not too shabby for a 36 year old car... unlike the water cooled 911 that slightly dinged a wall and busted a radiator - done for the week and undrivable....
Bob,

That was a good article they had in Excellence.

My brothers first Porsche was a 70 914-6 back in 1978, he drove it from NY, to FL, to TX then back to NY on one week. Only received three tickets for speeding (still outstanding...)

John
Old 04-02-2009, 02:42 PM
cdaniels
Racer

Bob,
You know we are all just kidding around....you certainly had lots of company
skiding down the hill and accross that bridge...it looked like a parking lot....

Please do visit us at the WakeZone one Saturday morning soon...I'll buy you a cup of coffee.........

Charles

Old 04-02-2009, 03:16 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by cdaniels
Bob,
You know we are all just kidding around....you certainly had lots of company
skiding down the hill and accross that bridge...it looked like a parking lot....

Please do visit us at the WakeZone one Saturday morning soon...I'll buy you a cup of coffee.........

Charles
Oh I know, I get it about the water cooled inferiority complex....you're forgiven.

Actually, if I had the funds, I'd have a GT3 right now, so I guess I can't complain too much about that water stuff...
Old 04-02-2009, 04:36 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Bob - +1 on visiting us at the Wake Zone sometime. Your first cup of the best espresso-based coffees is my treat.

Now, that offer's just for Bob S. - Not SCRs who suddenly show up in a 914.

Bob
Old 04-02-2009, 05:22 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks for the invite guys, I just wish you weren't so far away. 2+ hours is a long way to go for cup of coffee...

for those of you that want to head south this Saturday, there is a 'Cars & Coffee' gathering every first Saturday of the month near Northlake mall. February there was 120+/- cars that showed up!! Not just P-cars, lots of other stuff too....pretty impressive really.

I'm hoping to have Huey together (again) for this Saturday, and Autofair on Sunday.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:27 PM
SH || NC
Drifting

Thanks for the invite guys, I just wish you weren't so far away. 2+ hours is a long way to go for cup of coffee...
Sift back though the thread pages Bob; its not just for the coffee.

I think our local group also might venture to our local monthly 'Italian' gathering this weekend as well.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:45 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Bob - That Charlotte event is very appealling. I'd love to see it sometime soon - I'll bet we can get a group together to take a run up to Charlotte one first-Saturday soon. But, I can't this weekend.

How about a Greensboro get-together some weekend in between? We could split the difference in travel. That's a little over an hour away, and it's an easy drive. Maybe we could meet for coffee at Alamance Crossing or somewhere around Elm & Eugene.

Bob
Old 04-02-2009, 05:57 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I could probably get a bunch of Greensboro Porsche people to meet us somewhere...

Just fyi, some guy from the Ferrari group down here put together a video from the Feb C&C.... not bad really for a quick production.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Q-0y0KonU

(ok, sorry to hi jack the Cary coffee and bagel thread, but hey....)
Old 04-02-2009, 09:42 PM
iii911ooo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looking forward to getting together this Saturday. I finally got my rear spoiler back from the painter. It looks great and I love driving my car!
Old 04-02-2009, 11:12 PM
cdaniels
Racer

For the record I'm on my 5th 911....4 air cooled and my present 996.....I've loved them all....I think of the 4 air cooled 911's like old girfriends from the past....with sweet memories......

Charles

Oh I know, I get it about the water cooled inferiority complex....you're forgiven.

Actually, if I had the funds, I'd have a GT3 right now, so I guess I can't complain too much about that water stuff...
Old 04-03-2009, 05:41 PM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

I'll be at WZ tomorrow, wife and kids will be at school for another "snow" make up day.

Hopefully my voice will be back, I lost it on Wednesday and the kids are enjoying the silence

Looks like the Pine pollen is out in full force for now.

John
Old 04-05-2009, 11:06 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Default Wake Zone and Brier Creek 4-4-09

Terrific turnout and great conversation yesterday morning - and perfect weather for our get-together. Here's the cast of characters:

Dell (Arena Red 996 Cab)
Scott (White C4S)
Rich (Triumphant Return of the 911 Cab)
John (Red Boxster)
Randy (Blue 996 Aero)
George (Black 996 Cab)
Manil (Black C4S)
John (Brown 911 Targa)
Paul (Audi 5000)
Charles (Blue 996)
Jeff (Grey 996)
Ken (Grey 928S4)
Peter (Arena Red Boxster)
Ralph (Silver 993 Cab)
Bob (Black 996 Aero)

We had a great morning with Splinter Cell Racing T-Shirts, and lots of great conversation. Our end of the table enjoyed Dell's account of Road Atlanta last weekend.

Most of us headed over to Brier Creek to see the Italians and the other sports cars represented - great event. My photos don't do it justice. I was too engrossed in conversation with some of the PCA members I saw there (Peter and Tom). The three Lambo Countachs are always amazing, but I didn't snap a photo in time.

It was great to see Michael there (see photo), as well as our friend John from New Bern.

Next weekend is, of course, Easter weekend. So, if you're in town and can get away for a little coffee, I'll be there. I think Dell and Scott will be too. We'll be discussing our upcoming transmission fluid change, as well as more discussion about the Memorial Day DE at VIR.

Have a great week everyone.

Bob
Attached Images                

Quick Reply: Cary/Apex Coffee and Bagels