996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Cary/Apex Coffee and Bagels

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 06:56 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Saturday morning can't get here fast enough - it's been a long week, and I'm ready for some Porsche time at the Wake Zone. Look forward to seeing you there!
Bob
Old 10-16-2008, 09:03 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Agreed. Can't wait for Saturday as well. This time, I'll break out the "proper" car
Old 10-16-2008, 09:54 AM
RoadWarrior19
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Two weeks in a row without a Porsche and we'd have to make you buy everyone's coffee!
Old 10-16-2008, 09:56 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

hehehe. I'll make sure not to violate the code this time
Old 10-16-2008, 10:07 AM
RoadWarrior19
Racer

Bob, if you ever need some Porsche time during the week and you are in town, let me know and we could meet for lunch. I'd even make the ultimate sacrifice of leaving my precious end parking spot:

Old 10-16-2008, 12:39 PM
desidon
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rotokim
Saturday morning can't get here fast enough - it's been a long week, and I'm ready for some Porsche time at the Wake Zone. Look forward to seeing you there!
Bob
Is there a drive planned this Saturday?
Old 10-16-2008, 01:04 PM
RoadWarrior19
Racer

If you see this ..........

.... there WILL be a run!

See you Saturday.

Michael
Old 10-16-2008, 11:32 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Great pictures, Michael. I'll take you up on that lunch and drive suggestion sometime in the not-too-distant future.

Manil, we'll make a point of taking a drive if the weather's nice.

Dell, I look forward to catching up with you over a great cup of java. That new avatar of yours is terrific.

FYI - my helmet bag and balaclava arrived today, but no helmet yet. Oh well.

Bob
Old 10-17-2008, 10:34 AM
rmurph
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry guys, I am not going to be able to join you for some good coffee, conversation and run. I have to be in Wilmington tonite, family obligations. My son is running a 10K tomorrow morning and my presence has been mandated. Hopefully next weekend will work out. On another note, Bob, any success with securing lodging at VIR? Dell, hope all goes well at VIR today with the new car.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:01 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Hi, Rich - the lodging is officially secured. You, Charles and I are in at the Villas.

I'll PM you with any additional details you need. Have fun at your son's 10K.

Bob
Old 10-17-2008, 11:08 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Default Confessions of an obsessed Porsche owner

Two random occurences this week:

- While travelling for work, I was given room 911 at the Embassy Suites in Concord, NC earlier this week.

- I washed the Porsche in the dark and in the rain tonight, with the hope that it will be nice and dry by tomorrow morning. My wife said my behavior was the epitome of "obsessive-compulsive disorder". I couldn't argue.

I attribute my hotel room and odd behavior to a full moon, and a big need for coffee and Porsches tomorrow morning. Good thing the weekend is here!

Bob
Old 10-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

So we were thinking about joining you today, but I can't tell if you're meeting this weekend (and if so where).

It's great that you signed up for a track event btw, which one will it be? I'm guessing it's w/the PCA at VIR? Have fun, and maybe see you there.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:58 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Hi, Ahmet. Sorry we missed you. We met at the Wake Zone coffee house in Apex off Jenks. If you're driving on 55 toward Durham, you turn right on Jenks (at the Colony Tire) and you can't miss it about a mile up the road. We meet there every Saturday now - great coffees and locally owned/operated by a great guy!

I will be at VIR in November for the DE. I'll be the one in the slow-moving 911!

Bob
Old 10-19-2008, 12:15 PM
cdaniels
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your behavior is perfectly normal......

Your behavior is perfectly normal......back when I was a kid my favorite car was a Chevy(cause I hadn't seen or heard a Porsche yet)....especially a drag strip chevy "409" from York, Pa. named "Old Reliable"......He would show up at my local drag strip and be out numbered 40 Fords to his 1 Chevy....and he won every time...I said all that to say this...when I enter my freshman year in college my dorm room number was......409........kinda gives you chills doesn't it!!!! yes Bob...you're perfectly normal for a car nut....

Originally Posted by rotokim
Two random occurences this week:

- While travelling for work, I was given room 911 at the Embassy Suites in Concord, NC earlier this week.

- I washed the Porsche in the dark and in the rain tonight, with the hope that it will be nice and dry by tomorrow morning. My wife said my behavior was the epitome of "obsessive-compulsive disorder". I couldn't argue.

I attribute my hotel room and odd behavior to a full moon, and a big need for coffee and Porsches tomorrow morning. Good thing the weekend is here!

Bob
Old 10-20-2008, 04:18 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Default Last Saturday's Coffee and Drive

Hi, everyone - I had hoped to post pictures, but they mysteriously disappeared from my camera (just after my wife took pictures of the kids).

We had a great turnout on Saturday morning - Dell (996 cab), Michael ('88 Carrera), Charles (996 coupe), Bruce (Cayman S), Manil (C4S), Helmut (Golf GTI), and me (996).

We had a great conversation, solved the world's problems, and then took a drive on our usual route. The weather was a bit overcast, but the drive did not disappoint us. Michael led, with me, Bruce, Manil and Helmut following.

On a separate note, my pyrotech helmet arrived this morning. Can't wait to try it on!

Have a great week, everyone. I look forward to seeing you next Saturday.

Bob

Quick Reply: Cary/Apex Coffee and Bagels