996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Charlotte Fun Run

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 01:43 PM
SC996
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GMP is in Charlotte, I haven't Yahoo mapped it yet to see exactly where. I know Bill didn't want to publish the route on the open forum, but I think we maybe headed toward Gastonia and up that route, I'm not sure we are headed the I-77 way.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:36 PM
BillJ
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey guys - this is NOT quail and duck - more like quesadillas and burgers no need to feel intimidated by the name. Hope everyone can make it and will be sending out final directions to those on the list!
Old 03-30-2008, 10:01 PM
SC996
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Bill, I just went to their site and looked at their menu and saw that type of food. I wasn't trying create a problem.

http://www.ragged-gardens.com/blowin...estaurant.html
Old 03-31-2008, 09:22 AM
BillJ
Burning Brakes

No sweat at all! They are typically not open for lunch but i talked them into it They are bringing their chef over from another inn that does do lunch especially for us. The menu is much more relaxed and for us will include vegeterian choices as well so that everyone can enjoy themselves. I am keeping a close eye on the weather and will try to make a decision by Thursday morning. If it is going to be nasty out we will postpone.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:34 AM
BillJ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SpideySlave944
Maybe I missed this in the previous posts, but where is GMP? And is anyone from the CLT area meeting up b4 hand to caravan together? Both of these ?'s may have the same answer, who knows. Thanks! Since I live in Mooresville, i may be up for meeting up with people near Statesville/I-40 area. Let me know.
Hi Spidey just saw this. GMP is right off 77 exit 6. This is the rally point and GMP will open their doors, offer tours of their facility, and provide refreshments too. We hope to get everyone starting their for a photo op and will be leaving by 8:45. Will be sending the route out this evening to everyone so we can work out details together if you like.

here is their contact info: http://www.gmpperformance.com/index.cfm?PG=contact
Old 03-31-2008, 10:19 AM
BillJ
Burning Brakes

This just in....

Eric from BumperPlugs has committed some gift certificates to be raffled off for charity at the lunch! Thanks Eric!
Old 03-31-2008, 10:29 AM
NCporsche
Chainsaw
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 128 Posts

As much as I would love to participate, the time line for Saturday just does not work.

There is a PCA autocross in Winston-Salem Sunday and I need to secure the parking lot Saturday afternoon.

I'm hoping to host a Rennlist GTG / BBQ during Parade Week; but this is another topic for another day.

Have fun, take lots of pictures, and hopefully we will join everyone on the next fun run.

NC and Becca
Old 03-31-2008, 02:11 PM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm certainly looking forward to it. It'll be a Porsche weekend for me as on Sunday I'll be heading to the AutoFair. Anyone else following the same schedule?

Now the biggest challenge is figuring out a way to wash my car before the trip. Times have been tough ever since they brought up the water restrictions.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:17 PM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I will be attempting to partake in the Cruise, and am registered for the Fair. I would forgo the Cruise if weather had a chance of being unfavorable. Would give me more time to get my car cleaned for the fair, otherwise I have to do it twice!
Old 03-31-2008, 04:25 PM
BillJ
Burning Brakes

If the weather is gonna be rainy then we will postpone the Fun Run for sure. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Will be detailing the car this week so I have no interest in junking it up either
Old 03-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Patrick E
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by fpena944
Now the biggest challenge is figuring out a way to wash my car before the trip. Times have been tough ever since they brought up the water restrictions.
I hear you on this one. Paid to have the car washed and waxed last week (which kills me since I love to detail it myself) and then took it for a long drive this weekend. The car now has a nice thin yellowish-green coat of pollen on it.

As for the AutoFair, I'd like to take my son to it on Sunday. Is PCA doing anything with it? I haven't seen anything from them if they are.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:01 PM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Normaly I think we park in the Infield grass, but did not even see the Porsche section on the map this year. I know I have a parking spot, just not sure where!
Old 03-31-2008, 05:32 PM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick E
I hear you on this one. Paid to have the car washed and waxed last week (which kills me since I love to detail it myself) and then took it for a long drive this weekend. The car now has a nice thin yellowish-green coat of pollen on it.

As for the AutoFair, I'd like to take my son to it on Sunday. Is PCA doing anything with it? I haven't seen anything from them if they are.
Of all of our restrictions the inability to wash my vehicle is what bugs me the most. And in reality I really don't use much more water than some people use while taking a long shower. But the last thing I need is to have my water shut off so I abide by the rules.

I would consider taking it to an AutoBell or whatever else is out there but with a canvas top and plastic rear window I feel I'm just asking for a disaster. So instead I'm stuck going to the questionable parts of town where they have the "do-it-yourself" sprayers with a jingling pocket full of change...There's gotta be a better way!

Originally Posted by SpideySlave944
Normaly I think we park in the Infield grass, but did not even see the Porsche section on the map this year. I know I have a parking spot, just not sure where!
Perhaps the word didn't get out to many people since the person who usually organized it is busy setting up for the parade. But we still have our usual spot in the infield grass this upcoming Sunday. The number of cars allowed is a bit less since we didn't fill our required slots last time.

So yes, the PCA will be making a showing this upcoming weekend.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:37 PM
NCporsche
Chainsaw
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 128 Posts

Back to water restrictions in Charlotte, I'm scheduled to install a swimming pool liner late this week or early next week in Charlotte. When I asked the homeowner about water restrictions, he said they had been lifted.

Hmmm, maybe I should have him turn the water on to fill his pool.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:52 PM
GMP - Matthew
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys I just wanted to make sure you guys were still coming this Saturday Morning, Can you guys give me a rough head count so that we know how much coffee and doughnuts to buy.

ALSO if there is any interest, I can have our detail guy from Squeak Squad come on down if anyone needs a wash, so if anyone is interested please give me a call and let me know atleast the day or two before. Since you guys are only going to be here for about 45 minutes to an hour he can probably do no more than 3 - 5 exterior washes.

Quick Reply: Charlotte Fun Run