Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gant, now you gone and done it, calling Bruce "your boy."
Old 01-11-2008, 02:39 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Ucube
Gant, now you gone and done it, calling Bruce "your boy."
Nah, Bruce is cool, but fun to mess with. I always like to read what he writes though.

Matter-of-fact, I think i'm pretty much cool with everyone on Rennlist...well except Ben, but that's just cause he's the board villain who's fun to "hate."

Bruce, check my spelling, k "sport?"
Old 01-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Meister Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ucube
I'm sick of my popcorn, so I'm going out to get a McRib for lunch. Wait, they ended the farewell tour yet again? Those McBastards!!!!!
Ah, another McRib lover....

I'm in a McRib network, and we notify each other on any McRib-rumors.

(With apologies to Mr. OP.)

Here's some Mac trivia:
I put my Windows taskbar on top (where it should be).
Old 01-11-2008, 03:18 PM
gregorycarl
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arr0gant
Nah, Bruce is cool, but fun to mess with. I always like to read what he writes though.

Matter-of-fact, I think i'm pretty much cool with everyone on Rennlist...well except Ben, but that's just cause he's the board villain who's fun to "hate."

I'll take Ben's strong opinions most of the time over the "pat me on the head everyday, I'm a porsche guru" types. But, it is a little micro view of the world, isn't it. I like everyones input, because sometimes you need a strong opinion on cool wheel fitments and other times on proper set-up for the track.

I like to stir the pot sometimes, but it is in good jest only...hope everyone gets my very dry sarcasm.

Still coupe, but my next is a Cab. And I'll also have a Cab tonight for dinner.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:22 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by gregorycarl
I'll take Ben's strong opinions most of the time over the "pat me on the head everyday, I'm a porsche guru" types. But, it is a little micro view of the world, isn't it. I like everyones input, because sometimes you need a strong opinion on cool wheel fitments and other times on proper set-up for the track.

I like to stir the pot sometimes, but it is in good jest only...hope everyone gets my very dry sarcasm.

Still coupe, but my next is a Cab. And I'll also have a Cab tonight for dinner.
Yeah, I think Ben is more willing than a lot of people to say what really needs to be said sometimes. In my short time here, I've noticed how "dangerous" it can be to veer off from the herd, and that kinda sucks, because I like to hear everyone's ideas, even if they're wrong.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:23 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
I like that you both have a passion for slinging words on the internet + stubborn about it.

I'm no expert, but...

iMac? Macintosh computer/server penetration/growth/share is pretty flat and has been for quite a while now. It is the iPOD that catapaulted them to where they are at today. Yet still their hardware sales are flat.

This is coming from a guy who likes Windows Vista and OSX.
Not the current iMac, my friend. The original one. History lesson: Jobs is banished by Sculley and the board in 1985. Sculley and his successor make some bad bets in the years following. Apple is nearly bankrupt, shares almost worthless. Desparate, the board asks Jobs to return in an episode worthy of Greek mythology, and he shortly after launches the candy apple iMac. The emphasis on physical design restages the Apple brand and gets it widely noticed, but also sets the stage for Jobs' internal product vision, called by Apple folks the 'digital hub' concept. The iMac makes money, and buys them time to make it happen. No doubt, the iPod was a massive, transformational success and immensely more profitable than anything they'd done before, but it was the finale. The real turnaround from the brink began with that funny, toy-like transparent desktop computer in 1998. That's what I was actually referring to.

Just because I don't want you to think I'm a total moron.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:25 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Originally Posted by arr0gant

Want a hug?
Old 01-11-2008, 03:28 PM
BruceP
Drifting

Originally Posted by tooloud10
Yeah, I think Ben is more willing than a lot of people to say what really needs to be said sometimes. In my short time here, I've noticed how "dangerous" it can be to veer off from the herd, and that kinda sucks, because I like to hear everyone's ideas, even if they're wrong.
Two things I really like about Benjamin Choi: He's real. And if you look back at his very first post, here, you'll see that he warned us fair and square that he was going to be blunt and opinionated. It's almost never personal. I can put up with that all day long.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey pls stop guys. you keep this up i'm actually going to have to continue to remain steadfast in my candid ways and tell you guys i consider some of you guys cool enough to make me want to buy a round of chilled Goose to one shot in the name of the highly exclusive, but chill choi fraternal order.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Coupe for me and always will be.....
Old 01-11-2008, 04:50 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
Hey pls stop guys. you keep this up i'm actually going to have to continue to remain steadfast in my candid ways and tell you guys i consider some of you guys cool enough to make me want to buy a round of chilled Goose to one shot in the name of the highly exclusive, but chill choi fraternal order.

Yeah, lest you get a big head or something, here you go... :
Attached Images  
Old 01-11-2008, 05:28 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by steve germany
Which one is a better Porsche - the Cab or the coupe? Does the Cab work out to be a better investment? Is the extra care and feeding required for a Cab worth the problems? Performance wise the coupe wins hands down but what about the "big picture"?
Here's my 1.5 cents (on sale today only).
I drove all the 996s (except the GT's), the Boxsters and a few BMWs and an Audi. I couldn't decide whether I would go for a coupe or a convertible. I drove all the convertibles, the Cab, the M3 convertible and the BoxsterS. Then I drove all the coupes, the M3,M5, S4, and wet sump 911's C2,C4/C4S...I later drove a TT but insurance here in NJ and gas consumption convinced me to wait on the dry sump Pcar. I still think this is the best value though especially now that a TT can be had below $60K.

The M3 was just plain diluted and felt like a wet noodle in drop top form and the 911 Cab's front end lift in a strong highway cross wind really put me off. Someone remarked that the Cab looks like a bath tub with a big butt. I got his point, it seems if you go for a cab you are missing out on the styling of one of the best 911 coupe designs of all time. So for rag tops, this left me with the BoxsterS which for me felt like slot car, very tight, neutral handling. Drop in the GT3 seats and Goodyear F1's on 20 pound Carrera wheels and its perfect.
As for the coupes I decided a C4S would be the best option for year round driving here in NJ but I really thought the CarreraS had the better feel, less understeer but not as nice looking as the C4S. I probably will go the C4S route as my year round car and drive the BoxsterS only in summer.
But I am still on the fence for a AWD fun...C4S or TT...if only that GT1 block was in the C4S it would be a done deal. Two Porsches for less than $70K is amazing.
p.s.
I will never buy a 997 anything.

Last edited by perfectlap; 01-11-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:44 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceP
Want a hug?
Oh Brucey...I KNEW there was somethin' about you!!
Old 01-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wross996tt
OK I see one? And REAL? doesn't mean you have to be obnoxious about your opinions...
Don't take it personally. Done. If I like your car and things you do to it I'll share it with you just as freely as if I feel some of your car decisions are totally silly.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:49 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Originally Posted by RF5BPilot
Reasons to buy a Cabriolet:
- used, it will often sell faster than a coupe
- it is a genuine pleasure on a nice day
- no sunroof maintenance or expenses
- you want to drive your car for pleasure, not just speed
- you have a garage and/or live in a nice neighborhood
- you want to have comparable performance to a coupe, but the additional pleasure of open air motoring.
That's quite a stretch, especially considering the reliability of the average sunroof--I wouldn't even have the slightest idea HOW to "maintain" my sunroof--versus the average reliability of say, motorized convertible tops.

Quick Reply: Flash or Dash - the Better Porsche