Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Having 2nd thoughts... Sell 996 to get a 997 or get another car instead?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007 | 12:02 AM
ls911
Pro

Originally Posted by JJB236
You know cars aren't everything in life. Did you know that MicroSoft Bill Gates daily driver is 1999 996? Of course, he has a set of other exotic cars in his garage. I had my shares of sports cars, I already had my 996 for 6 years now. My New Year resolution is moving into a larger house with a guest house in the backyard. And I'm talking about So Cal real estate.

Prior to my getting the 996, I thought my next one will be a turbo. But as years go by, Turbo's seem just too much of everything. So I have been eyeing on the C4S which is discreet and not too obviously pretentious with a big Turbo badgo in the rear. Non-P car owners hardly knows the difference between C2 from C4S.

Btw, I had a Vette as you can see from my signature. Dangerously fun car to drive. Got rid of it.
Hey guys

I just wanted to show you all a little something I picked up last weekend.

No , not just any old beach house, I am talking about Palm beach real estate folks.
By the way, I must say, I too hate being pretentious, this is why I drive a plain old 996.
But I almost have my loan payed off so I was thinking about getting a lamborghini gellardo, porsche GT or F430. What do you guys think?

Yours truly

Super duper filthy rich (don't mean to brag)
Old 12-22-2007 | 12:27 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

And your reading comprehension level is below elementary school. Same for those dudes who said +1 b/b. Not just once did you misquoted me, but f ing twice. Go back and re-read what I wrote and quote me correctly if youre capable so you can at redeem yourself instead of looking like a mentally challeged. It looks like the greatest joy of most guys' in this forum is their 996 in their pathetic 2 car garage. There are more to life than P-cars. Go out see the world, instead of spending all your time typing away on an empty screen.
mr napoleon complex is getting angry...
Old 12-22-2007 | 02:21 AM
hddude
Racer

.... It'll be a while since I come back in here. ....:
This whole thread has been hilarious. It'll be a while since I come back in here, too.
Old 12-22-2007 | 03:52 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

why do y'all get so damn personal? this guy asked a simple question. whether he has $1million in the piggy bank or $1, just stick to the 911 question at hand v. getting your panties in a bunch. handle your own business and help spur the guy on toward picking up another 911.

it's what any good rennlist brother would advise.
Old 12-22-2007 | 10:42 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

i think its his panties that's tight. the rest of us are just fine. in fact some of us are making some very wise real estate investments in this down market. Ludwig, i am hoping to get an invite to the house warming party...
Old 12-22-2007 | 11:06 AM
ls911
Pro

Originally Posted by chsu74
i think its his panties that's tight. the rest of us are just fine. in fact some of us are making some very wise real estate investments in this down market. Ludwig, i am hoping to get an invite to the house warming party...
Chao,

Done.
I will have my pilot pick you up. You will love my plane, just recently paid it off

Ludwig
Old 12-22-2007 | 11:21 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Ludwig, that is wonderful.

You know I have never been inside a house before. I just upgraded from supermarket crates to cinder blocks as shelter. I have seen pictures of houses with a "guest house" but have never been allowed inside them heavenly gates.

Please promise you will have the dogs chained up when I am visiting.
Old 12-22-2007 | 01:56 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
because people dont' know... a c4s is just as pretentious as the turbo - it's all about presentation aka modifications trust me
Yeah, try coming to the midwest; my '99 C4 is the same as an '08 GT2 as far as the neighbors and the in-laws are concerned.

and as for billy's daily.... not true. maybe in 1999.
I don't believe that, either. Bill Gates, while being very generous with his money, has never seemed too shy to drive whatever he wants.
Old 12-22-2007 | 06:04 PM
RutgersU
Racer

You will be surprised how many people in their own long-term profession miss the big scheme of things. Sounds like you missed something in b-school Time is money, use the time wisely and get a side-job or something instead of preaching rudimentary-finance to the unwary who might actually believe you make a point. It made me laugh so it wasn't all that bad. Leveraging has never been a gamble for me, it's my game in the world of commercial real estate and investment banking. I have big-shot finance guys like you who think they know it all writing up my deals and begging for deals from me all the time ha ha. You're only young once, go get your Carrera GT and live your life on the edge
Missing info in business school can be a bitch.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/300750-any-finance-majors-lease-expires-in-1-5-years-better-to-purchase-now.html
Old 12-22-2007 | 06:37 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Old 12-22-2007 | 06:46 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by chsu74
again, the dude asked a very specific question, but then for anyone tob egin to try and discredit his wealth... who cares?

you making very wise real estate investments... what you want a cookie?
Old 12-22-2007 | 06:54 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RutgersU
Missing info in business school can be a bitch.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300750
god this is funny. a year and 2 months ago, he was leasing a '01 car.

ben, I am in no way discrediting him. he is doing just fine all by himself.
Old 12-22-2007 | 08:02 PM
ls911
Pro

again, the dude asked a very specific question, but then for anyone tob egin to try and discredit his wealth... who cares?

I would love oatmeal or ginger snaps please

Thanks

I wonderif Bill Gates leased his 996 as well? must have, a college educated solid financial move for sure.
Old 12-22-2007 | 08:51 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

+1

There's a lot of people with money on Rennlist; it's probably an exercise in futility to try to one-up them.
Old 12-22-2007 | 10:29 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Default Question...

If you are so rich, how come you don't spring for Membership in Rennlist??? Probably half the price of a carton of cigarettes or a short snort. Or is your post a joke???

Originally Posted by ls911
Hey guys

I just wanted to show you all a little something I picked up last weekend.

No , not just any old beach house, I am talking about Palm beach real estate folks.
By the way, I must say, I too hate being pretentious, this is why I drive a plain old 996.
But I almost have my loan payed off so I was thinking about getting a lamborghini gellardo, porsche GT or F430. What do you guys think?

Yours truly

Super duper filthy rich (don't mean to brag)

Quick Reply: Having 2nd thoughts... Sell 996 to get a 997 or get another car instead?