Sponsored by:

Rear Badge: Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 01:56 AM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. C4
The blue film is mounted on my track headlights as I have 2 sets of headlights (track and street). I think blue on your yellow car would be fantastic but then the Swedish flag is yellow and blue............................
Hey no prob with displaying the colours of Sweden, but a Union Jack would be better though

Hmmm blue film, now where can I get some from to test it? I am gathering it will stay on at speeds but will come of easy when time to remove?
Old 06-15-2007, 02:00 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's just a clear sticker and it comes off in 5 minutes (takes longer to install). Mine is made by OROCAL but I'm sure 3M has a similar product. The good thing with the blue film is that if the lights are turned on, the projected beam is white with a slightly blue hue.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:02 AM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

It's just a clear sticker and it comes off in 5 minutes (takes longer to install). Mine is made by OROCAL but I'm sure 3M has a similar product. The good thing with the blue film is that if the lights are turned on, the projected beam is white with a slightly blue hue.
One last question, do they come pre-cut to the shape of the headlights, or do you have to cut from a roll? Thanks.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:03 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

roll but precut are available. Think it's www.stickercity.com
Old 06-15-2007, 02:07 AM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

roll but precut are available. Think it's www.stickercity.com
I'm on the site now, thanks. Cool they have yellow too
Old 06-15-2007, 08:43 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

You know, while I'm looking at the rear of your car, I'd also consider doing some new exhaust tips to fill out the rear. Having an aerokit wing with puny Carrera exhaust tips leaves a little to be desired.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:20 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by myrmidon
I think a car without a badge looks like "So I have the cheapest model but I want you to think that I don't".
This is exactly what I was thinking when I removed the badges from my M3...

It really is a personal preference. Your stance is your stance and I respect that but what if I stated that people who install Aero sides on their 996 (and the wrong generation at that) and not the full aero kit are posers who are trying to pass off their cars as being full aero but didn't want to spend the money on the whole kit?...somewhat offensive no?

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/311538-question-about-my-option-codes.html

As stated previously none of my cars have any model badging on them at all. I prefer the clean look and as a professional detailer I really dislike trying to work around all of the badging anyhow. I feel it's un-necessary clutter.

It's badging a car incorrectly that I don't condone...which is why I don't even feel that the "911" badge is right for this particular car as it's not a Millenium edition or 40th anniversay edition which were the only cars that came with the "911" badging on the rear.

Andy
Old 06-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Diablo99
Advanced

You need to have something there otherwise, to me, it looks like a repainted car that they did not put the badges back on. Black is the obvious choice.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:52 AM
Diablo99
Advanced

Just like what many Cayenne V6 owners do.

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
This is exactly what I was thinking when I removed the badges from my M3...

It really is a personal preference. Your stance is your stance and I respect that but what if I stated that people who install Aero sides on their 996 (and the wrong generation at that) and not the full aero kit are posers who are trying to pass off their cars as being full aero but didn't want to spend the money on the whole kit?...somewhat offensive no?

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311538

As stated previously none of my cars have any model badging on them at all. I prefer the clean look and as a professional detailer I really dislike trying to work around all of the badging anyhow. I feel it's un-necessary clutter.

It's badging a car incorrectly that I don't condone...which is why I don't even feel that the "911" badge is right for this particular car as it's not a Millenium edition or 40th anniversay edition which were the only cars that came with the "911" badging on the rear.

Andy
Old 06-15-2007, 12:40 PM
myrmidon
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
Your stance is your stance and I respect that but what if I stated that people who install Aero sides on their 996 (and the wrong generation at that) and not the full aero kit are posers who are trying to pass off their cars as being full aero but didn't want to spend the money on the whole kit?...somewhat offensive no?

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311538
You're right. And that's exactly what the PO of my car did.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:55 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Diablo99
You need to have something there otherwise, to me, it looks like a repainted car that they did not put the badges back on. Black is the obvious choice.
That was my thought too.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:57 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by nycebo
You know, while I'm looking at the rear of your car, I'd also consider doing some new exhaust tips to fill out the rear. Having an aerokit wing with puny Carrera exhaust tips leaves a little to be desired.
Point taken and I have added tip replacement to my list, any suggestions? Not keen on putting on tips that are designed specifically for certain models (i.e. I believe Turbo's have a integarted dual tip setup) as again I do not want to portray my car as something it is not.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Life is good, eh? People have time to argue all day about whether to put a plastic name thing on the back end of their iconic sports cars and in what lettering/numbering and color... how you would be perceived blah blah blah

Sober up and make a decision already, SpeedyD.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:10 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
Life is good, eh? People have time to argue all day about whether to put a plastic name thing on the back end of their iconic sports cars and in what lettering/numbering and color... how you would be perceived blah blah blah

Sober up and make a decision already, SpeedyD.
Ben, I didn't think it would get to such a heated discussion, which it has been sometimes, but like you said 'Life is Good' and it is this type of discussions I enjoy having.

But seriously it is constructive as it does give me an idea as what life is like owning a Porsche.

How I am perceived by others does not bother me, I mean look at my license plate "DTH MTAL", that already implies my music taste which is not everyones and in most cases not expected from someone driving a Porsche, and yes you will hear the sound of Death Metal music, along with Black Metal, Gore Metal, Doom Metal, Dark Ambient and some others. So having a badge or not, I do not believe will make too much of a difference. My brother, who owns a Cayenne Turbo, is the only one that told me straight-up the first time he saw the car to get the badge.

Yes as you know the wheels are going since they do put a certain classification about the driver/owner. Had someone drive up next to me yesterday at a stoplight, as I watched him look at the car I noticed that as soon as he saw the wheels he looked away shaking his head. In a few days that will not happen

I am nearly done drinking so soon I will make a decision
Old 06-15-2007, 01:11 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
Point taken and I have added tip replacement to my list, any suggestions? Not keen on putting on tips that are designed specifically for certain models (i.e. I believe Turbo's have a integarted dual tip setup) as again I do not want to portray my car as something it is not.
Look at TD's post #45 on this thread. He has the same exhaust tips that I have and they fill out the bumper much more fully than say, post #42. I won't say for sure about his (as one never knows), but mine are OEM.

Quick Reply: Rear Badge: Yes or No?