Rear Badge: Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 09:03 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by perfectlap
Hey what happened to your wheels?
I have new ones on the way...I was getting slammed for having 'ghetto' wheels on the car, not my choice, they came with the car when I bought it 3 months ago. So I figured since I am so close to having my new wheels I would just black out the old ones...stay tuned
Old 06-15-2007, 11:32 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cyinisis
Anyone tried putting a badge off-center...like bottom right of the trunk?

It looks cool being pictured in my head...
yep, cool like a pontiac aztec.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:40 PM
nick49
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Years ago Carrera actually meant something. It was the most coveted and rare model. Now the Carrera (C2 Coupe) is the base model. Advertise it if you like.

My Carrera Cab had the emblem delete option and came without anything, I later added 911 and am happy with my decision a few years later.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:29 AM
hwk72
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nick49
Years ago Carrera actually meant something. It was the most coveted and rare model. Now the Carrera (C2 Coupe) is the base model. Advertise it if you like.

My Carrera Cab had the emblem delete option and came without anything, I later added 911 and am happy with my decision a few years later.
Nick, what's the difference between "advertising Carrera" and "advertising 911"?
Old 06-17-2007, 12:27 PM
nick49
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

No difference advertising one or the other, but the names evoke different meanings or sentiments from different people.

As a sports car junky, subscriber to R&T, C&D before I could even drive 40 years ago, the term "Carrera" held the same reverence as "Carrera GT" does today. Funny how some things you learn as a kid stay with you.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:29 AM
carpundit
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nycebo
Here's an old 550. Notice the lack of a badge and it still looks nice. Below it, you'll see another Porsche with a badge. They both look great. It's a preference thing. Pick what you like and be done with it. I'm outta here.

Hey, nice photo you've got there.

Looks exactly like one I took when I visited that car show.

CP
Old 06-18-2007, 08:39 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

CP, that is FANTASTIC. Great photo. Google search makes for such a small world. Actually, after looking at that old 550 spyder, I think I love the Porsche badge AND the 'PORSCHE' lettering in gold on the back. So classic. I'm almost tempted to rebadge mine. Then again....
Old 06-20-2007, 10:00 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Ok I have made my decision on this topic. But before I say what I am going to do I wanted to thank everyone for there input as it has helped. Also during the past few days I have taken notice of other Porsches on the road (not a lot of them around here unfortunately) and paid attention to there badges.

So here goes:

Badge = Yes
Colour = Black
Lettering = Carrera

Now do I center it top to bottom (I know it centers from left to right)? Or is it higher or lower than center? If this becomes a drawn out discussion also I will just place it right in the middle/middle.

Again thanks everyone.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:43 PM
MagnusB
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You could try slanted, I don't think anybody has done that before.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:32 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
Ok I have made my decision on this topic. But before I say what I am going to do I wanted to thank everyone for there input as it has helped. Also during the past few days I have taken notice of other Porsches on the road (not a lot of them around here unfortunately) and paid attention to there badges.

So here goes:

Badge = Yes
Colour = Black
Lettering = Carrera

Now do I center it top to bottom (I know it centers from left to right)? Or is it higher or lower than center? If this becomes a drawn out discussion also I will just place it right in the middle/middle.

Again thanks everyone.

IIRC, the '99 - '01 badges were placed up higher and the '02 - '04 were placed lower. I remember Loren from Renntech showing the differences. I am not sure if he has the exact spacing measurements or not. I'll try to do a search to see if I can find something to help you out. As long as you are going to put the badge on, it might as well be in the correct location for your MY.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:36 AM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by gota911
IIRC, the '99 - '01 badges were placed up higher and the '02 - '04 were placed lower. I remember Loren from Renntech showing the differences. I am not sure if he has the exact spacing measurements or not. I'll try to do a search to see if I can find something to help you out. As long as you are going to put the badge on, it might as well be in the correct location for your MY.
gota911...much appreciated, I have seen you all over this forum and so I know you will find the info

Thanks,

Steven
Old 06-21-2007, 01:25 AM
Duane993
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I debadged all my AMG's to keep them looking like total sleepers. Everyone thinks your driving a 2.3 liter 4 banger. Took down lots of ricers and BMW/Audi with this strategy. With a Porsche, there are no sleepers...You won't fool anyone. Might as well but the badge on and let them know what they are up against.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:41 AM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Duane993
I debadged all my AMG's to keep them looking like total sleepers. Everyone thinks your driving a 2.3 liter 4 banger. Took down lots of ricers and BMW/Audi with this strategy. With a Porsche, there are no sleepers...You won't fool anyone. Might as well but the badge on and let them know what they are up against.
Yep I debadged my Mustang hoping that people would think it is just regular GT, but with a roll-cage, cog-belt driven super-charger sound coming from under the hood, etc. it didn't work

But I hear you and so yes that is why I am badging it.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:43 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Duane993
Took down lots of ricers and BMW/Audi with this strategy. .
and i bet it took every iq you had to come up and execute against this strategy

all 10 of 'em

Last edited by Benjamin Choi; 06-21-2007 at 02:07 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:24 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
gota911...much appreciated, I have seen you all over this forum and so I know you will find the info

Thanks,

Steven
Steven

OK, I found the measurements for placing the Carerra Badge in the correct location on '99 - '01 cars. For visual comparison purposes I have attached a pic of a '99 Cab (pic courtesy of kilrgt) which has the high badge placement and the second pic is my '04 C2 Coupe, which has the low badge placement.

The 3rd attachment shows the measurements for placement of the Carerra Badge on '99 - '01 cars. Note that Measurement "C" is measured from the top of the lower case letters in the badge.

Hope this helps.
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: Rear Badge: Yes or No?