Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

nice find!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 01:20 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Steven

OK, I found the measurements for placing the Carerra Badge in the correct location on '99 - '01 cars. For visual comparison purposes I have attached a pic of a '99 Cab (pic courtesy of kilrgt) which has the high badge placement and the second pic is my '04 C2 Coupe, which has the low badge placement.

The 3rd attachment shows the measurements for placement of the Carerra Badge on '99 - '01 cars. Note that Measurement "C" is measured from the top of the lower case letters in the badge.

Hope this helps.
That does help out a lot, ty very much. Now I have to look at mine a little differently as I have the wing, but I get the idea.

Thanks again
Old 06-21-2007, 01:49 PM
dallasboats
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is dumb, put the badge on your forehead!
Old 06-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Andy (Atlanta)
Racer

Would anyone have the measurments for placing a 2003 C4S badge?
Old 06-21-2007, 03:24 PM
hwk72
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andy (Atlanta)
I don't have the measurements dude but if you go 3 times around your car, then take 3 steps back when you reached the rear end (try to stay between your two exhaust pipes) and fall down forward with the batch in your hands - lined up with your nose, then you'll find the right place to put the batch on your wide body (car).
Old 06-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Patrick
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member - times 3

Received 227 Likes on 139 Posts

It's in the service manual, but the factory doesn't follow it. I looked at several cars on the lot shortly after I bought mine and they were all over the place. Just put it where it looks good to you.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:00 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

It's done. I located the original lid from the car (which the previous owner gave me but I forgot I had it as I stuffed it under some blankets in the garage ), and I saw that the badge was at the very top, even closer than the 35mm as mentioned in a post. When I placed the badge on the Aero lid in the same location it just looked to high for me so I lowered it a bit. I did place it temporarily right in the middle but that didn't look right and I wanted to be as close as I could to the factory location, so I placed where I liked it best in the end. If it is not 'exactly' where it is suppose to be, at this point I am not bothered. I like it on there now and that is all that matters
Attached Images  
Old 06-21-2007, 05:09 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Nice job on the vertical placement! Mine looks too high up on the decklid also (the uppercase 'C' is too close to the spoiler), so i'm replacing it with a silver script while I'm at it. On your pic, is it just me or is your horizontal placement a bit off? The uppercase 'C' is within the left edge of the third brakelight, but the lowercase 'a' looks to have exceeded the right edge.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:12 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Ucube
Nice job on the vertical placement! Mine looks too high up on the decklid also (the uppercase 'C' is too close to the spoiler), so i'm replacing it with a silver script while I'm at it. On your pic, is it just me or is your horizontal placement a bit off? The uppercase 'C' is within the left edge of the third brakelight, but the lowercase 'a' looks to have exceeded the right edge.
Hmmm...maybe it was just where I was at when I took the photo, but let me check (glad to have another pair of eyes look at it).

Update: yep it is 7mm too far to the right. I measured several times, stepped back several times before 'firmly' pressing it down, it might have moved when I did press firmly, but probably not that much. So give me some time to see about getting it off again without losing the adhesive

Last edited by TheSpeedDemon; 06-21-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:20 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Ok, I'll do another search. I believe someone pisted a pic recently with the EXACT measurements of trhe badge placement. I'll post it here after I find it.

To be continued.......
Old 06-22-2007, 12:27 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Steven - the height at which you placed the badge looks good. However, as you have already stated the fact that it isn't centered... well what can I say that you haven't already said!

BTW - since the badge placement was a little off, I'll give you a tip that will help when you get your new wheels. The widest wheels go on the back of the car!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:20 AM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Steven - the height at which you placed the badge looks good. However, as you have already stated the fact that it isn't centered... well what can I say that you haven't already said!

BTW - since the badge placement was a little off, I'll give you a tip that will help when you get your new wheels. The widest wheels go on the back of the car!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Tim, TY...well I removed the badge but it didn't come off perfectly, left some of the adhesive material behind, so I guess I am back to being badgeless until I buy another new one, this time I am going to have someone else put it on though.

Update on wheels, they will be on the car tomorrow. Will post pics on Saturday under new thread, and thanks for the guidance on which wheels go where, I am such a Mustang guy that I could of put them anywhere
Old 06-22-2007, 01:35 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
Tim, TY...well I removed the badge but it didn't come off perfectly, left some of the adhesive material behind, so I guess I am back to being badgeless until I buy another new one, this time I am going to have someone else put it on though.

Update on wheels, they will be on the car tomorrow. Will post pics on Saturday under new thread, and thanks for the guidance on which wheels go where, I am such a Mustang guy that I could of put them anywhere
Just buy some 3M automitive tape. My Brushed Silver badge came without any adhesive on it so I used this stuff (or something very similar). This is NOT the thicker foam tape.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...glXPHQ158LR5bl
Old 06-22-2007, 01:38 AM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Just buy some 3M automitive tape. My Brushed Silver badge came without any adhesive on it so I used this stuff (or something very similar). This is NOT the thicker foam tape.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...glXPHQ158LR5bl
Tim thanks again. I just need to hunt this stuff down now around some of the local auto parts stores or auto body places, or just online. Don't feel like buying a case from 3M.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:50 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
Tim thanks again. I just need to hunt this stuff down now around some of the local auto parts stores or auto body places, or just online. Don't feel like buying a case from 3M.
Yeah, I know, but I thought if you screwed up the placement of the badge a few more times, you might need a full case to get it right.

Just kidding! That link was from the 3M site which lists only the wholesale packaging. I got mine at Autozone or Advance Auto Parts.

Quick Reply: Rear Badge: Yes or No?