996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Looking to BUY. Getting closer.Need ADVICE. 3 C4S to compare

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 10:25 AM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may want to add this one to your list. The price has recently been reduced from $63k. It has been on the lot for a long time, I have tried to buy it but they wouldn't budge on the price. It is a CPO car. Another one by me sold for around $54k and it was not CPO. I have bought both of my Porsche's from this dealer with no issues. By luck they had two C4S's one was a 993 the other was the 996. I bought the 993. PM me if you have any questions.

http://cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp...5&aff=national
Old 12-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jaholmes
You may want to add this one to your list. The price has recently been reduced from $63k. It has been on the lot for a long time, I have tried to buy it but they wouldn't budge on the price. It is a CPO car. Another one by me sold for around $54k and it was not CPO. I have bought both of my Porsche's from this dealer with no issues. By luck they had two C4S's one was a 993 the other was the 996. I bought the 993. PM me if you have any questions.
If this '03 C4S, a nice car to be sure, but with >30K miles and looks to be pretty basic is around $57K, why are there some who think that my even thinking about $70K or so for my '04 with 1900 miles, in a rare color, and very well optioned is overpriced? I don't get it.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:34 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Gant, you're about 7-10K too high for that car. Maybe 60K if it was an 04.

Shame on you for trying to rip off another member
Again Dell, you amaze me. I resent you AND your remark!!

If I were going to sell my car, I'd start at $59 or $60 and negotiatte from there. You find me a 2002 C4S, in my shape, with a warranty until 2010 with under 20k miles for $50k to 53k. Not to mention, this is the WORST time of the year to sell a car. If I was going to sell my car, I would list it and prob. not get any offers until spring. For people that need to sell cars now, they would have to drop the price a couple grand. I am not one of those people.

YOU find it, THEN talk your crap! Until then, don't accuse me of trying to RIP-OFF anyone!!

Good-day!
Old 12-28-2006, 01:36 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by Phil G.
If this '03 C4S, a nice car to be sure, but with >30K miles and looks to be pretty basic is around $57K, why are there some who think that my even thinking about $70K or so for my '04 with 1900 miles, in a rare color, and very well optioned is overpriced? I don't get it.

Phil, It's mostly Dell, he is way off. He can't accept the fact that your car approaches the price of his car. If you look at the market, with those miles, YOUR car is asking $73 to $78 and probably getting around $71 to $75k.

I think Dell really needs to wake-up on this one!
Old 12-28-2006, 01:52 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phil, I'll take a wild stab here and surmise that perhaps there's currently not a huge market for a higher-priced C4S? This may have more to do with what buyers are willing to spend for a 996 C4S than what a premium example like yours is actually worth. Your car at $70s may not be "overpriced" from a value standpoint, except the potential buyers may be weighing that price tag against other viable alternatives -- i.e., older TT and GT3, 997, etc. Whereas, the high-$50s may be where the majority of the buyers' bids are currently for a 996 C4S. I'd think a buyer really has to want a near-new 996 C4S to drop $70s on one.

As for Zoolander, my vote is on #3.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:56 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Here is the benifit of my research. This is a search for ALL 2002 Porsche all-wheel drive Coupes on Autotrader with UNDER 30k miles. MINE has under 20k. Why would I sell mine for $50 to $53k? I guess everyone on Autotrader is ripping people off.

Last edited by arr0gant; 05-03-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:07 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Ucube
Phil, I'll take a wild stab here and surmise that perhaps there's currently not a huge market for a higher-priced C4S? This may have more to do with what buyers are willing to spend for a 996 C4S than what a premium example like yours is actually worth. Your car at $70s may not be "overpriced" from a value standpoint, except the potential buyers may be weighing that price tag against other viable alternatives -- i.e., older TT and GT3, 997, etc. Whereas, the high-$50s may be where the majority of the buyers' bids are currently for a 996 C4S. I'd think a buyer really has to want a near-new 996 C4S to drop $70s on one.

+1 That would be my logic.

I see a fight brewing.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:52 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Gant, now you are starting to bore me. Here you go with your cars.com results again. With your logic, I assume your car will be worth more in the spring as well? You have got to be the most insecure person on this board. Who cares if you car was worth $1 or $1M? But trying to tell others what the car is worth is getting old when you are way off base. And yes, trying to sell your 2002 for 60K is a f'in pipe dream and one based on delusion. You just said it yourself that you would advertise for 59K and go from there. I have no doubt that if somebody offered you 55K you would take it.

By the way, I could give a rat's @ss what car "approaches" mine in price. Fact is I have ZERO interest in selling it. Do a search on GT3's as well and you will see prices ranging from 75-95K for my car. I sure as fu@k don't think my car is worth 95K. Besides it is MOSTLY dealers asking those prices. Do yourself a favor and go plug in your car to Kelly Blue Book. Guess what? 51K for excellent condtion 15K miles 2002 C4S private party. You really need to take your docs advice and keep taking your meds.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:08 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

I never said you wanted to sell your car, you just can't accept that Phil's car is WORTH close to yours.

You and many others have said, buy Porsches Private. I think this is a great idea, especially for warranty Xfers and so does the market. Mine has a warranty untill 2010. Becuase of this, private and retail prices are very close to the same price on P's in the open market. $61k is what Edmunds sais retail is on a 2002 C4s CPO vehicle.

KBB/Nada/Edmunds Blue-book gives an idea of a cars worth.

Autotrader, Ebay and other car venue's, give you the open-market asking prices that is why I posted it. I WOULD NOT even THINK about taking $55k for my car. I would be hard-pressed to take UNDER $59k if I were going to sell.

It amazes me how clueless you are on this topic. Find anyone anywhere who paid $50k or close for a car with my specs. YOU WILL NOT FIND THEM, unless the car was flooded or wrecked.

Even tho I am right and you are wrong, I still respect your opinions about other things. Insecurity? Meds? I won't get into personal insults with you, other than to tell you I think you are totally wrong on this issue.

Last edited by arr0gant; 12-28-2006 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ucube

Charlie, I completely agree with your reasoning. The market is one thing, but with high end cars, if someone really wants a particular car/model/color/options, they'll likely be willing to pay a premium to obtain it. I was and did when I bought mine last year.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:20 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by arr0gant
I never said you wanted to sell your car, you just can't accept that Phil's car is WORTH close to yours.

You and many others have said, buy Porsches Private, well guess what, private and retail prices are very close to the same price on P's in the open market. $61k is what Edmunds sais retail is on a 2002 C4s CPO vehicle.

Dell, KBB/Nada/Edmunds Blue-book gives an idea of a cars worth - sometimes a not very good one, as is in this case. Autotrader, Ebay and other car venue's, give you the open-market asking prices. I WOULD NOT even THINK about taking $55k for my car. I would be hard-pressed to take UNDER $59k if I were going to sell.

It amazes me how clueless you are on this topic. Find anyone anywhere who paid $50k or close for a car with my specs. YOU WILL NOT FIND THEM, unless the car was flooded or wrecked.

Even tho I am right and you are wrong, I still respect your opinions about other things. Insecurity? Meds? I won't get into personal insults with you, other than to tell you I think you are totally wrong on this issue.
Please go back and show me where I said I couldn't accept the fact that Phil's car was worth close to mine. Never said it. Blue book on mine is 85K private 89K retail. I don't think I would have a chance in hell getting 85 for it nor is it for sale. They are 2 different cars and the issue is not with Phil but rather with you and your never ending quest to try and believe your car is worth something it is not. You are free to list it for whatever you think it is worth to you but getting it is another ball game. I would even pay the listing fees to you if you want to list it at your dellusional number and if it sells, tabs on me. That's a bet I know I will not lose. By the way, if you want to just play the numbers game, Phil's car(sorry Phil, but Gant seems to like to use your car as the benchmark for my car) retails for 71 and private party's at 66. How in the world is that "close" to 89 and 85 respectively?

Thanks for playing.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Zoolander
Racer

What about this? What if the dealer in car #1 agreed to sell it for around $46,000 and the car passed a VERY thorough PPI would car #3 still be the wiser choice??
Just being a little stubborn here.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:03 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoolander
What about this? What if the dealer in car #1 agreed to sell it for around $46,000 and the car passed a VERY thorough PPI would car #3 still be the wiser choice??
Just being a little stubborn here.
so the first car, the dealer has it in stock for more than a year??
Old 12-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Zoolander
Racer

yup, but how did you find out? from a carfax?
Old 12-28-2006, 04:11 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

You gut has already told you that #1 isn't the right one from your first post. Don't make the mistake of buying it for "looks" and get burned on questionable history later.

Quick Reply: Looking to BUY. Getting closer.Need ADVICE. 3 C4S to compare