Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Car & Driver tests 2001 996TT versus 2002 Corvette Z06--- at roadcourse/dragstrip>

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 02:32 PM
Pigface1
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

[quote]Originally posted by Riz:
<strong>Graham and Pigface1: I just got my Z06 two days ago. It's absolutely incredible. A car I'm actually intimidated by. Definitely as close to a race car as you can get for the street. I'm actually surprized by how comfortable it actually is. I have to get rid of the 1-4 skipshift though. I got the quicksilver with the black interior. Oh excuse me I forgot this is a Porsche forum. </strong><hr></blockquote>

I have a 6 speed coupe, but w/ headers and air intake right around 395bph, so I know what you mean! You'll get used to it and be looking to beef it up some more eventually. lol

The 1-4 shift (CAGS! it's generally called) can be taken out pretty easy. . I just got used to taking first gear above 2,000 rpms and that does the trick.

Congrats again, and be careful!

ps: If you're considering a performance mod but don't want to get too crazy, look into the Vortex Rammer. .it's a bottom feeder ram air for about $250. Best bang for the buck mod there is and it will add a legit 20rwhp.

And don't forget to get a Ripper shifter!!

Quick Reply: Car & Driver tests 2001 996TT versus 2002 Corvette Z06--- at roadcourse/dragstrip>