996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

PSE group buy...anybody interested??

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 03:52 PM
nsang
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sids911 I have the same dilemma, have not heard thePSE or Fabspeed... I just spent $220 doing the 'PSE mod', which did not give me the loudness I was looking for... the supersound looks an attractive option... If fabspeed sounds better, it it worth investing on this, but it looks like Dansk may actually produce a better sound.. It is quite hard to judge thru computer speakers b/o there is not way to judge the real loudness of these mufflers.. most likely I will be in for a group buy, but not sure yet which one to order...
Old 04-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nsang

I have the same problem!! I want more loudness (without losing out on the original Porsche sound) and I also think that the PSE is not loud enough for me....I have been listening like a madman to all the sound clips...but like you stated there is no way to understand the real loudness...because the exhaust will no thave a volume control (except for the PSE)....but who cares about that... It would be nice if someone has one installed...and can tell us...because I don't want the muscle car Fabspeed sound!! I guess we have to take risk...afterall it is only 850 bucks.....if we don't like it sell it on Ebay and go for the original PSE!
Old 04-20-2006, 06:28 PM
delirium
Racer

holiday: how much is shipping?
Old 04-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Sids911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone here have photographs of the original PSE for the 996 ? I think the one in 1999 ? That one had a J bypass tube between inlet and outlet. VERY similar to the figure on the prev. page (#5).

I just wanted to see how different the ACTUAL version 1 of the PSE differs from what I see in the prev. page. I'm thinking of modding the stock for cheaper than this ...

nsang, which was the year of the muffler and what was the diameter of the pipe you installed ?
Old 04-20-2006, 08:04 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Sids911
Does anyone here have photographs of the original PSE for the 996 ? I think the one in 1999 ? That one had a J bypass tube between inlet and outlet. VERY similar to the figure on the prev. page (#5).

I just wanted to see how different the ACTUAL version 1 of the PSE differs from what I see in the prev. page. I'm thinking of modding the stock for cheaper than this ...

nsang, which was the year of the muffler and what was the diameter of the pipe you installed ?
Ask and you shall receive. THE first pic is not the "original" small pipe PSE, but from a a company in the UK selling these. The second pic is the later version of PSE for a 996.
Attached Images   
Old 04-20-2006, 10:00 PM
nsang
Advanced

Sids911, I used 2" as suggested on the PSE mods thread... Some of my friends are telling me they can hear a change in the tone of the sound (deeper).. I personally, can not, but I was expecting a bit more radical change...
Old 04-21-2006, 12:35 AM
Holiday
Advanced

Originally Posted by delirium
holiday: how much is shipping?
Delirium- Was told around $50 to the east coast (the company is in CA). That should give you a ballpark for everywhere else.

As for an end date- the GP will end next Thursday (April 27th). That will give everyone a chance to make their mind up. I'll be going with the Sport Exhaust option myself (non-OEM).
To place an order, let's just have everyone shoot me a PM with your:
Name
Address
Phone number
Year of car
and Exhaust style

You can also email me at simpson24@hotmail.com if you prefer. I'd like to have everyone's info by the end of Thursday, so that the orders can be placed on Friday. Dayton has told me that they have a large stock of the exhausts, so there will be very little delay getting them in our hands. If you have any questions, let me know via PM...
Old 04-21-2006, 01:34 AM
TurboMark
Pro

Do we know for a fact that the Dansk OEM Sport Exhaust is PSE for sure? Thx
Old 04-21-2006, 01:51 AM
justinmm2
Burning Brakes

I'm mulling it over.. thinking I might go for it, will let you know...

Justin
Old 04-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Sids911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly my concern too ... any answers anyone ?

As a side thought, does anyone have sound clips of the REAL PSE in action ? For the 996 ? I really want to hear them ...

Originally Posted by CarreraMark
Do we know for a fact that the Dansk OEM Sport Exhaust is PSE for sure? Thx
Old 04-22-2006, 01:32 AM
Holiday
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sids911
Exactly my concern too ... any answers anyone ?

As a side thought, does anyone have sound clips of the REAL PSE in action ? For the 996 ? I really want to hear them ...
Update
I called the Dansk importer here in the U.S today, and he knew very little about whether the "OEM Sport Exhaust" that Dansk offers IS the PSE minus the adjustibility . Don't know why this is such a mystery- it either IS or it ISN'T. One would think that the importer of a product would know a little more about the subject...
SO.... bottom line is, no one knows for sure, although Dayton is convinced that it is the same exhaust.
Clear as mud, I know...
Old 04-22-2006, 01:58 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I can get one super sound for the price quoted in the group buy...then I am in! Like stated before if I don't like it I can always sell it and go for the original PSE.....I liked the sound in the soundclips.....so Holiday let's buy them and start upping the noise level in SOCAL a little!!

SUPER SOUND ME!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 03:02 PM
delirium
Racer

will the exhausts sound different on a 3.4L vs. a 3.6L?
I have noticed that my OEM muffler is already louder than the OEM muffler in the Dansk sound clip.. so I am thinking those sound clips are from a 3.4L. How will a 3.6L sound? Same? Louder?
Old 04-23-2006, 03:18 PM
jsaindc
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 12 Posts

We must have crashed the site. I can't seem to get on any longer. I will decide very soon. My guess is the 3.6 will be loader than the 3.4...it is in stock form.

I am stuck deciding between the Super Sound and the Sport (non OEM Style). I like the sound of the Super sound but think that it may be to loud with the Cab. Also, I plan to add headers and sport cats which will make a difference as well.

I have the Italian GP on and those F1 cars sound amazing.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:33 PM
delirium
Racer

Originally Posted by jsaindc
We must have crashed the site. I can't seem to get on any longer. I will decide very soon. My guess is the 3.6 will be loader than the 3.4...it is in stock form.

I am stuck deciding between the Super Sound and the Sport (non OEM Style). I like the sound of the Super sound but think that it may be to loud with the Cab. Also, I plan to add headers and sport cats which will make a difference as well.

I have the Italian GP on and those F1 cars sound amazing.
i dont think the sport sound is loud enough in the clip, I hope it is louder. I also think the 3.6L will be louder, unless the loudness on the 3.6 comes from the updated muffler as well as the engine...

I have decided to go with the SUPER SOUND version.

Anyone think that the sport muffler sounds like fabspeed maxflo? I sorta do...

Quick Reply: PSE group buy...anybody interested??