996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

PSE group buy...anybody interested??

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 03:55 AM
Troy R
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm in for a Super Sound! Will email you my info. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Holiday
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Copied over from a previous page:

Here is a list of those who are in on the Dansk group buy:

1. Holiday
2. Delirium
3. Troy R
4. Dale Tillman
5. Jsaindc
6. Nicolaasdb

I'll update it as needed. If you'd like to join in- PM me or post here to be added. We only need 5 to get the GP pricing.

Rx2476?

Don't have any info from you, though you've said that "you're in". Please try to get me your info by the end of the day

Last edited by Holiday; 04-27-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I PM you a week ago!!!

I am in for the super sound!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 03:11 PM
jsaindc
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 12 Posts

If Nicolaas is #5 then I am #6. I will PM you the info Holiday and I will also be taking a Super Sound...hope its not too loud for a Cab.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Dale Tillman
Intermediate

Default shipping info

My car is in the shop anyway so I called and found out the following for overnight shipping: they use UPS so they cannot guarantee delivery but 'Brown' has pretty good reliability. Anyway, for next day delivery by 8:30 am add $69 to the total including the $50 that is already in the total for shipping, i.e., $69 + $50 + $875...for a total of $994. Add $41 for delivery by 12 noon and add $35 for delivery by 4:30 pm. Disclaimer: I'm located fairly close to Departstop.com so I'm not sure whether they can do the same for any of you out of state guys...call to check.
Attached Images  
Old 04-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Sids911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm forced out. I have some other stuff to take care of for the car this month (front bumper, fenders etc). Damn !!

Sorry guys, but hey - your group buy is going ahead anyways !
Old 04-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Troy R
Racer

I'm definately still in, just wondering if should back down to the Sport Sound instead of the Super? Worried about coming home late and waking up the neighbors. Also the whole cab thing, will it be too loud? I want my exhaust to have definition, but I don't want it so loud like a stinger on the ricer's.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:30 PM
jsaindc
Burning Brakes

Troy, that was my fear as well; however, I posted the question on Renntech and another Cab owner replied that he has it and loves it...just recommended using factory tips. I also called Departstop and they said it is not that the Super Sound is any louder just a different tone, much lower. From the sound clip it also sounds that way. I am going to give it a try. If it works out it will be nice to have something different as I do not personally know anyone with the Dansk. According to holiday's post, Departstop is willing to do exchanges if we are not happy, I certainly do not want to go down that route though.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Holiday
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
I PM you a week ago!!!

I am in for the super sound!!!
Never got your PM- please send it again...

Thanks

List is updated, and the GP is a go! I'll continue to update throughout the evening if anyone else jumps in. Everyone needs to call Dayton tommorow at Departstop, and he'll take care of the rest! I listed his number in a post above. Thanks everyone!
Old 04-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Troy R
Racer

Thanks jsaindc. I'll stick with the Super Sound and try it out. Your'e right, if I don't like it I can always exchange it or sell it on Ebay. This is exciting!
Old 04-28-2006, 12:43 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I PM'ed you today.....did you get it this time??? Other wise PM me and I will reply
Old 04-28-2006, 02:05 AM
Holiday
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
I PM'ed you today.....did you get it this time??? Other wise PM me and I will reply
Sent you a PM. If you would, send me an email instead- simpson24@hotmail.com.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:41 AM
jsaindc
Burning Brakes

For what it is worth, I got concerned over Performance's Dyno chart in their catalog. I called them and they said that the chart was in error and that the round can and OEM can got switched. What that means according to their chart is that the round cans will gain very little 1-5 HP (but does not loose HP as the chart shows) and the pressed is correct at almost 30HP gain (I doubt that but that is what the chart shows). Additionaly, they have the Dansk mufflers on sale until the 3rd for $998.75 so that means that we got a good deal. I will be calling Dayton shortly, I am tempted to switch to the pressed cans though.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:40 PM
delirium
Racer

Originally Posted by jsaindc
For what it is worth, I got concerned over Performance's Dyno chart in their catalog. I called them and they said that the chart was in error and that the round can and OEM can got switched. What that means according to their chart is that the round cans will gain very little 1-5 HP (but does not loose HP as the chart shows) and the pressed is correct at almost 30HP gain (I doubt that but that is what the chart shows). Additionaly, they have the Dansk mufflers on sale until the 3rd for $998.75 so that means that we got a good deal. I will be calling Dayton shortly, I am tempted to switch to the pressed cans though.
I think just about any muffler upgrade alone will ony get you 1-5 HP on a NA car. Fabspeed, GHL, etc.. I dont know if they can get you more than 10HP, I can be wrong, are there dyno charts?
Old 04-28-2006, 12:46 PM
jsaindc
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by delirium
I think just about any muffler upgrade alone will ony get you 1-5 HP on a NA car. Fabspeed, GHL, etc.. I dont know if they can get you more than 10HP, I can be wrong, are there dyno charts?
There is a dyno chart in their catalog; however, it is worng as I stated, mixing up the OEM and the round cans, so I am not sure I trust it...I am releaved though that they are not saying the round cans loose HP like the catalog does. My concern was that I do not want to loose HP..It did not seem correct anyways-why would you loose HP with a lighter and louder system?

Quick Reply: PSE group buy...anybody interested??