996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

PSE group buy...anybody interested??

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Holiday
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To all of those who intend to place an order, please be sure to send me the info I posted above (please include your Rennlist username)... This lets me know exactly how many we have in the GP, and also provides the info that I'll give to Departstop.
Once the GP ends on Thursday evening, I'll send them an email with our ordering info. Everyone needs only to call-in on Friday to provide their payment info- this will complete the order. Speak to "Dayton"- his number is (877) 550-8555

Thanks!

Ross
Old 04-24-2006, 03:36 AM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Holiday - Are you certain about the Dansk "Sport Exhaust OEM" IS the PSE system? The reason I ask is because the pics and drawings of the OEM mufflers on the Dansk site do NOT show the second pipe exiting from the muffler. Their drawing looks like the top muffler in the first pic below, which is a stock OEM muffler. The actual OEM PSE is shown in the second pic.

Hmm...where did that picture come from ?

Attached Images  
Old 04-24-2006, 04:32 AM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

Folks,

FWIW: Don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but as I'm browsing the latest catalog from Performance Parts (automotion.com), I came across their offering of Dansk exhaust systems, they offer 2 types for the 996, (1) a stainless "round can" model (900124 -- $1175) and (2) a pressed "sport" version model (912930 -- $1155). They claim 30 hp increase over OEM muffler for the "pressed" version, and a chart, in the catalog, shows a decrease in hp for the "round can" version vs. OEM. The same order number is used for 3.4 and 3.6 engines, and apparently the original tips can be reused for the 3.4, but a new set of tips have to be used for the 3.6 (911007 -- $289.95PR). Nothing is said about loudness.

I'll be gone to Cabo for the rest of the week for some needed R&R, so I'll miss the group buy conclusion, but just want to pass the info along, and hope it is useful.

Best of luck!

Last edited by Fast40th; 04-24-2006 at 05:14 AM.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:03 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just checked out the automotion.com site and they put the 993 and 996 on the same muffler page...give a very limited description ...the original Dansk website is more detailed and has sound bites. When I order the "cans" I will ask the guy from Departstop all the details, because I want to keep on using my own turbo tips ....and all the talk about HP increase of decrease .....I don't think I will feel the difference....the sound alone will make the car seem faster....

Have a nice vacation in CAbo.....lucky you!!
Old 04-24-2006, 05:11 AM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
I just checked out the automotion.com site and they put the 993 and 996 on the same muffler page...
Nicolaas: Yes their website sucks on the description of the mufflers. And they have 2 models for the 993: (1) for the 2/4S #900122 -- $975, and (2) for the Turbo #900123 -- $1175. My scanner is unplugged right now and apologize for not being able to provide the scan.

Cheers.

P.S. I'll be thinking about all my Rennlister folks, in between the Cervezas and Margaritas
Old 04-24-2006, 08:08 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Gert

Hmm...where did that picture come from ?

Gert - WOW, that looks just like your pic! I downloaded this pic about 4 or 5 months ago when I was doing some research on PSE cans, but I don't recall where I got it. At the time, I knew it looked familiar, but couldn't remember where I had seen it before. Well, now I know!

I sincerely apologize for unintentionally "ripping you off" and have deleted that pic from my PC.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:20 AM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

No worries, I just found it strange to see that someone actually photoshopped the logo out of the picture. I always use the same background, so it's easy to spot my pictures.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:41 PM
delirium
Racer

Originally Posted by Fast40th
Folks,

FWIW: Don't mean to burst anyone's bubble, but as I'm browsing the latest catalog from Performance Parts (automotion.com), I came across their offering of Dansk exhaust systems, they offer 2 types for the 996, (1) a stainless "round can" model (900124 -- $1175) and (2) a pressed "sport" version model (912930 -- $1155). They claim 30 hp increase over OEM muffler for the "pressed" version, and a chart, in the catalog, shows a decrease in hp for the "round can" version vs. OEM. The same order number is used for 3.4 and 3.6 engines, and apparently the original tips can be reused for the 3.4, but a new set of tips have to be used for the 3.6 (911007 -- $289.95PR). Nothing is said about loudness.

I'll be gone to Cabo for the rest of the week for some needed R&R, so I'll miss the group buy conclusion, but just want to pass the info along, and hope it is useful.

Best of luck!

I am worried about this, I signed up for the GB, but may pull out of it, I dont want to loose HP, and I think the super sound is the round version... also, I have a 3.6L, so I will need new tips??? I dont want to change my tips, can anyone clarify these issues? Holiday, do you have info?
Old 04-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Holiday
Advanced

Originally Posted by delirium
I am worried about this, I signed up for the GB, but may pull out of it, I dont want to loose HP, and I think the super sound is the round version... also, I have a 3.6L, so I will need new tips??? I dont want to change my tips, can anyone clarify these issues? Holiday, do you have info?

Whoooah.... don't believe everything you read (especially if it's on Automotion's scattered website ) Not only is that info very confusing (they were combining info for both the 993 and the 996 systems), some of it is just plain wrong. I called Departstop to confirm everything (I have them on speed dial by now...) and this is what the owner said:

First, you definately don't need new tips for ANY year 996- your stock tips will fit fine. They have installed dozens of these exhausts with the original tips.
Second, I haven't seen this Dansk dyno sheet that shows their own systems loosing HP- Automotion doesn't have it on their website (is this in their catalog only?) The shop has dynoed several of these systems with no power loss- most gained a few HP (speaking of all 3 systems).
Finally, Dayton mentioned this- if we are unhappy with the exhaust we purchase- we can exchange/return them. Don't know about you, but that's all I needed to hear.

Hope this clears everything up...
Old 04-25-2006, 02:24 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I AM STILL IN!
I would be very strange that a exhaust (sport) made by a company that has made them for Porsche (because of course Porsche doesn't make 90% of their parts in house...they work like every car maker with suppliers) for a while would get you an inferior product....and if they have a return policy they must be confident!
Of course I might be wrong and the planet earth is flat and we are living amoung aliens (and I am not talking foreign workers without a permit!)
Old 04-25-2006, 11:59 PM
jsaindc
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 12 Posts

I can no longer access the sound files, is anyone else having that problem?
Old 04-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Dale Tillman
Intermediate

I just tried it and it still sounds GREAT!
Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Holiday
Advanced

Just a reminder to everyone.... Tommorow is the last day for the GP, and I only have 1 person who has sent me their info. We need 5 people to be able to get GP pricing.
I won't be around for most of the afternoon today, so if you have any questions, please contact Departstop directly. If you'd like to join the GP, shoot me an email with your info @ simpson24@hotmail.com.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Dale Tillman
Intermediate

Default group buy

ok, I'm number three! And it just so happens my car is in the shop so guess where I'm having them shipped...
Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2006, 11:21 PM
Holiday
Advanced

Got your info, Dale- thanks

If anyone else wants to jump aboard, they'd better do it quick!

Quick Reply: PSE group buy...anybody interested??