Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

EVOMS Intake Installed - UPDATED Page 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005 | 09:01 AM
caf
Rennlist Member

I'm guessing a 6 hp difference, being 2-3%, is less than the accuracy of 99% of dyno set-ups. In other words, meaningless. Just making the point...
Old 05-26-2005 | 03:04 PM
bowmanm98
Racer

Default PM please

Can you please PM me the price as well? Or better yet email it to me shipped to 95630 to bowmanm98@yahoo.com
Old 05-26-2005 | 04:52 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

EMAIL has been sent!

Thanks
Old 05-26-2005 | 05:51 PM
autobahnNY
Pro

I'm guessing a 6 hp difference, being 2-3%, is less than the accuracy of 99% of dyno set-ups. In other words, meaningless. Just making the point...
To me its not. On a dyno I don't think you would harldy see anything since the car isn't moving. I did it mainly for the sound, so I'm very pleased.
Old 05-26-2005 | 07:38 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

autobahnNY...Post soem pics up of your car..Looks good in the avatar.
Old 05-26-2005 | 08:39 PM
autobahnNY
Pro

Thanks..nothing too special though. I'll take a few pics this weekend if weather permits.
Old 06-03-2005 | 04:35 PM
Fordo
Advanced

I just put the EVOMS intake on my car last night. This is probably a repeat of past posts but it was very easy to install and took about 30 minutes. The quality looks very good and the instructions were good but not perfect.
A few little details could be better but it was easy to figure out. I think that the bracket that is used to attach the intake to the body via the stock bolt hole should have come with a spacer or grommet. Right now the new bracket is sitting on the paint where the stock intake had a rubber grommet/spacer. I was also a little worried and may still be that the intake is about a 1/4 inch from hitting one of the pulleys but it probably has space. Last little thing that I was unable to determine is if the new intake matches up with the trunk intake hole. It looks close but I was unable to determine if it was 100% perfect(I don't know if the stock was a 100% though).
Besides the tiny little problems I would say it is a high quality piece and it doesn't look like something on a ricer mobile. The sound is very noticeable and nice at WOT above 4000 RPM but almost unoticeable at idle. The test drive last night made me want to stop every 1000 feet to be able to punch it to redline to listen to that addicting noise. Kind of like the thread about do performance parts make you drive you car differently? Hell yes.
Old 06-03-2005 | 07:10 PM
leedav
Three Wheelin'

Fordo,

What mufflers do you have?
Old 06-04-2005 | 12:30 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Originally Posted by Fordo
I just put the EVOMS intake on my car last night. This is probably a repeat of past posts but it was very easy to install and took about 30 minutes. The quality looks very good and the instructions were good but not perfect.
A few little details could be better but it was easy to figure out. I think that the bracket that is used to attach the intake to the body via the stock bolt hole should have come with a spacer or grommet. Right now the new bracket is sitting on the paint where the stock intake had a rubber grommet/spacer. I was also a little worried and may still be that the intake is about a 1/4 inch from hitting one of the pulleys but it probably has space. Last little thing that I was unable to determine is if the new intake matches up with the trunk intake hole. It looks close but I was unable to determine if it was 100% perfect(I don't know if the stock was a 100% though).
Besides the tiny little problems I would say it is a high quality piece and it doesn't look like something on a ricer mobile. The sound is very noticeable and nice at WOT above 4000 RPM but almost unoticeable at idle. The test drive last night made me want to stop every 1000 feet to be able to punch it to redline to listen to that addicting noise. Kind of like the thread about do performance parts make you drive you car differently? Hell yes.
So Fordo,
Are we saying there is a seat of your pants difference or not?
Also, seems other people bought it also, and are there any other comments.
Old 06-04-2005 | 03:26 AM
Fordo
Advanced

I have only driven about a 1000 miles since I bought the car two months ago so it is really hard to tell the difference between before and after. I think I feel a difference but that may be the great new engine noise. I think it may be difficult to tell a 3% (10 horsepower?) increase in power. I was very surprised and not very pleased with the stock sound when I bought my car as was most of the rennlisters. It sounded like a lexus (quiet but pleasant and not hard core). The EVOMS intake definitly opens up the sound at WOT. This is the first mod I have made so I have the stock mufflers. I am almost ready to buy the Fabspeed mufflers though. With aftermarket exhaust or PSE I imagine that the new intake will add some more wonderful engine noise but may be drowned out a little. Back to the original question of seat of the pants, I would have to say yes. The price for a high quality part, 3% increase in power, and a wonderful engine note is worth the buy IMO.
Old 06-04-2005 | 05:27 PM
TallCoolOne
Instructor

Fordo is right about the whole thing in his first post. I had the same problem with the AC pulley that is really, really close. Using an inspection mirror, it is about 1/4 inch away but after having a friend rev the car to see if there is any movement it is all good. 4000rpm is when the fun really starts. I know alot has been said but we do so much to our cars and it is up to the individual to decide what is going to work for them. I will put in opinion and say that with PSE and the intake I feel cooler about my car. Besides who wants that stock big plastic thing in the engine compartment.

P.S. Dan at vivid racing is a really helpful guy if you want to order.
Old 06-05-2005 | 01:50 AM
Fordo
Advanced

Wilson, Funny thing that you also used an inspection mirror to check out the tight fit. I had to use one too but it looks good. I have seen a lot of tighter moving parts in helicopters that boggle my mind.
Old 06-08-2005 | 11:20 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Still PLENTY of Intakes instock. Call for new GREAT PRICING!!!
Old 06-08-2005 | 11:50 PM
42empress
Racer

Dan or anyone else, do you have any specs on the air cleaning efficiency of the filter from a percentage point? ie) 98 or 99% as efficient as the stock filters. I am concerned because i do occaisionally drive on dirt roads. I just changed my stock filter, and noted a ton of fine particles/dust that came out of the filter as i was removing it. Thanks
Old 06-09-2005 | 01:52 AM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

The paper mesh filters by K&N are going to flow much better, but still significantly catch all those particles. What is the advantage over the stock filter is you can re clean this for the life of the vehicle instead of replacing.

Quick Reply: EVOMS Intake Installed - UPDATED Page 3