Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

EVOMS Intake Installed - UPDATED Page 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005 | 10:48 AM
Bill911
Rennlist Member

Do you have this for a GT3? If so PM a price.
Old 05-17-2005 | 11:24 AM
Curvfun
Addict
Rennlist Member

Please PM me a price for the V2 intake.

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2005 | 12:21 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

PMs has been sent.

NickS They do have a dyno on there that shows 12hp without chip I believe...
Old 05-17-2005 | 12:28 PM
NickS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vividracing
NickS They do have a dyno on there that shows 12hp without chip I believe...
Then you will have to point me to a link because your website is nothing but a mirror of what EVOMs has posted on theirs. The text on the dyno graphs clearly state "The Blue line is the car fitted with the EVO V-Flow intake and EVO / GIAC Chip".
Old 05-17-2005 | 02:40 PM
caf
Rennlist Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but typically these type air filters increase hp as long as there is LOTS of fresh air flow to the engine compartment (i.e. sustained high track speeds) and often result in lower hp for street use due to pulling in more hot engine compartment air. The dyno results of course, would depend on how and how much air was ducted to the engine compartment.
Old 05-17-2005 | 03:21 PM
Re-animator
Racer

Indeed, Weissach was extremely selective in valve dimensions and exhaust backpressures with the M96 to maximize uniform power outputs; especially after the post Toyota consultants changed the company forever. I am not surprised to see low torque gains under the power curve even with Lim's reflash. Placebo controlled acceleration stats may be more pertinent to prove "more power". One would have to ask in a > 3000 lb vehicle if and where the power increase would be discernable, objectively speaking.
Old 05-17-2005 | 04:12 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

CAF - you cant make HP when your stopped at a stoplight, so your right. So when your moving and accelerating, you are getting the same airflow into the direct VFLOW induction box as if you are on the track. Your engine will be MUCH hotter on a track then street driving. But again that is why the box is there to keep it seperate from the engine unlike the old style.

Nick I will look for one and let you know.

Re-animator...I guess I need to go back to college, I cant even understand your post.
Old 05-17-2005 | 04:34 PM
kingair97
3rd Gear

Can you PM mr a price as well for a 3.4? Thanks!
Old 05-17-2005 | 06:18 PM
Fordo
Advanced

Vivid I'm interested too. Can you PM me a price for a 1999 V2. Do you have any specials on a the B&M SSK? Do you have the brushed aluminum guage bezels? I couldn't find them on your website. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2005 | 06:35 PM
itradem
Instructor

Dan,

Can you PM me a price for a V2 intake/GIAC flash combo?

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2005 | 06:43 PM
Re-animator
Racer

CAF - you cant make HP when your stopped at a stoplight, so your right. So when your moving and accelerating, you are getting the same airflow into the direct VFLOW induction box as if you are on the track. Your engine will be MUCH hotter on a track then street driving. But again that is why the box is there to keep it seperate from the engine unlike the old style.

Re-animator...I guess I need to go back to college, I cant even understand your post.
In simple terms, the gains available from the M96 are design limited by the valve size and the backpressure requirements to make the engines deliver uniform power. This is why the Sport Exhaust from Porsche delivers no advertised power gain, but no low end torque loss with rpm variable mechanical intra-muffler baffle control. Also, Weissach needed to do the powerkit to improve breathing in the heads to get the kind of HP increase EVOMS/GiAC is boasting of. If you have a dyno that shows a 30 HP gain for approx. 1000 rpm on a tachometer and that car weighs 3000 lbs, then how much faster will it move? If you have a car that weighs 3,000 lbs and has 10 more ft-lbs of torque across the whole rev range, then how much faster will that car be over a stock car? Now, I remember when Bruce A. did dynos before and after Todd Z.'s first intake which resulted in a lot of nastiness and a lot of refunds. Allegations of snake oil have left a pretty deep scar on some hardcore Porsche guys. No need to go back to college to understand relevant history and basic design physics. I think posing the question of what this mod will do in the real world is appropriate to ask. Seat of the pants claims may be okay for mod junkies, but those of us who ask for more can only increase sales if convinced through scientific verification.
Old 05-18-2005 | 12:12 AM
caf
Rennlist Member

Porsche designed a cold air intake to improve horsepower when the car's not moving? Sorry, don't think so..
Old 05-18-2005 | 01:02 AM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

PM's have been sent.

Reanimator...good points, but beyond all your math and the history of Todd Zuccone and Zuccs Motorsports, we are talking about a different product and time. Tuned or untuned...I have dealt with many cars and building high hp cars turbo and NA... I will be more then happy to ship you one, have you test it and dyno it, and when you show me that it does not work, I will refund you 100%.

CAF..Like many manufacturers, there is always improvement. If you think everything Porsche designed is the final frontier, you are wrong. But this would be a pointless conversation. So I will simply say, if you are happy with your car, then that is all that matters.
Old 05-18-2005 | 03:12 AM
Re-animator
Racer

Reanimator...good points, but beyond all your math and the history of Todd Zuccone and Zuccs Motorsports, we are talking about a different product and time. Tuned or untuned...I have dealt with many cars and building high hp cars turbo and NA... I will be more then happy to ship you one, have you test it and dyno it, and when you show me that it does not work, I will refund you 100%.
I believe the onus falls on the manufacturer or reseller to substantiate power claims. Seat of the pants vs. science is a poor selling point, IMHO. Nobody does it better than Weissach. Thanks for the offer, though.
Old 05-18-2005 | 08:10 AM
peachboy
Racer

Dan, I just received my airbox last night Thanks.
I emailed you an install question or two.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: EVOMS Intake Installed - UPDATED Page 3