Sponsored by:

*** The Official 996 Forum Off Topic Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2023, 03:26 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Received 2,146 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by DoubleNutz
The 24 Hours of LeMans race begins on June 10th... i will be arriving on June 7th.
​​​​​​
Staying in the Travel Destinations Motorsports Flexhotels Popup Village again.

https://lemansrace.com/motorsport-ev...mans-24-hours/
Damn I’ll be a week late, my deployment end is June 12th and it takes a couple days to get home. I’ll keep you in mind if I get sent home early.
The following users liked this post:
DoubleNutz (02-05-2023)
Old 02-05-2023, 07:30 PM
DoubleNutz
USMarine
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris
Damn I’ll be a week late, my deployment end is June 12th and it takes a couple days to get home. I’ll keep you in mind if I get sent home early.
Last I checked... Travel Destinations Motorsports Flexotels Pop-Up Village may almost be sold out just like the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona a week ago. Not a single seat available in the house.

Just saying... If ya think you may return from your deployment early, get your tickets as soon as you know. Ya may have to sleep in your seat at the track though😜. Any available hotel wil be wildly priced and most everything sold out.

Hope to see ya there. 😄👍🏾

p@

Old 02-06-2023, 05:04 AM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DoubleNutz
Last I checked... Travel Destinations Motorsports Flexotels Pop-Up Village may almost be sold out just like the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona a week ago. Not a single seat available in the house.

Just saying... If ya think you may return from your deployment early, get your tickets as soon as you know. Ya may have to sleep in your seat at the track though😜. Any available hotel wil be wildly priced and most everything sold out.

Hope to see ya there. 😄👍🏾

p@
Sweet thanks for the head’s up!
DoubleNutz (02-07-2023)
Old 03-07-2023, 04:28 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Received 679 Likes on 468 Posts
Default Had to drive the silver surfer today

I been working and driving the turbo a lot. Today i washed the 99. also the turbo and concentrated on the interior of the turbo with leatherique. My wife and son where watching 101 Dalmatians and then they where going to watch marry poppings. The 99 has been jealous because I drove the turbo to Kemah for the concourse this weekend. So I took the 99 out on a bourbon run. Windows down, love the exhaust sound x pipe no cats. Easily going triple digits I sometimes wonder why I need the turbo. Anyway I filled it up with shell v power 93, ready for the next adventure. A few meat and bourbons shots.

Awesome no one at the store, in and out for me.

That rack is ready for tomorrow

The mad scientist needed some more mixing components for his own blend. The rye bib is super flavorful. Was on sale. I got to love total wine all of that for $75, that’s why I don’t buy $3000 x pipes.

Funny when I drive I get to listen to songs on the radio that motivate me to go. Judas Priest breaking the law on the way back home. Sammy haggar the red rocker I can’t drive 55 on the way there.

Breakfast carnitas tacos, with refried beans, melted cheese and Cholula.

White rice, Puerto Rican red kidney beans and breast plate of lamb.
The following 3 users liked this post by 3/98 911 coupe:
Dr_Strangelove (03-07-2023), TheChunkNorris (03-07-2023), wdb (03-07-2023)
Old 03-12-2023, 03:19 AM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default Cars and meats.

Went to cars and coffee. Today hosted by a PCA body shop. Same shop that did the $20k paint job on my friends 993, last week it scored perfect at the concourse de elegance. Anyway they had tacos, smoothies, and all kind of coffee, lattes etc. PPG gave us a brief overview of their paints, technology etc. Then the meat & desert orgy “ Taste of Texas” with the family. A few pics. For those of you that like to really lower your car see picture of the gt3 with license plate “caution “, what happens when your car falls in a Houston pot hole 🕳.

Wife’s expresó martini with Texas pecan pie served with blue bells exclusively at “Taste of Texas “‘cinnamon ice cream.

Meat.

Event was well attended

427 , 500’hp and only 1800 lbs, should be a blast to drive.

Oh yeah tacos and biers.

That’s what a $20k paint job looks like.

Got to love the blues. Deviated stitching in blue , blue seatbelts, black rims with blue circle, blue circle around the headlights incredible car, three pedals.

As of lately the family loves jalapeño poppers these one have cream cheese and brisket.

Those bacon wrapped pork tenderloins were amazing

Needless to say taste of Texas never disappoints. That was my deceased father favorite restaurant, every time I flew my parents over after I picked them up at the airport dad and i would have a few drinks and always when are you going to take us to taste of Texas, real sentimental to me I had a J&B on the rocks for him. Maybe my perfect house, 6 car garage, a super cool bar , chef kitchen with a meat case like this patio with smoker and Weber gas grill.

Every one tells me to lower my cars more. Not if you are going to drive around the streets of Houston this fix it’s going to be expensive, yeah he should have exercised caution ⚠️ driving this around Houston, the owner is a PCA track instructor.
Mpfaff (03-13-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 09:43 PM
SoCal911t
Rennlist Member

Received 1,483 Likes on 717 Posts

After thinking about it for 10-15 years, I bought a new tool box. I had been using a crappy upper and lower no-name brand that I bought in the '90s and 2nd upper and lower Craftsman units. The Craftsman lower was one my Dad bought in the '70s and is pretty rough.
After doing a lot of research, I ended up with U.S. General brand from Harbor Fright. I have to say that HF has stepped up their game over the last several years and these things are built like a brick $hit house. The upper and lower weigh 320lbs together before any tools have been added (I had to have the neighbor kid help lift the upper section onto the lower).
So if you're looking for new tool boxes, don't rule out U.S. General just because it's from Harbor Freight.

I think I'm going to break tradition and not put any stickers on it. In fact, I may de-badge all the U.S. General stuff too.

The following 3 users liked this post by SoCal911t:
Dr_Strangelove (04-04-2023), pulpo (04-03-2023), TheChunkNorris (04-04-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 10:13 PM
3/98 911 coupe
Three Wheelin'

Default Post Houston

Last Saturday I took my turbo to the cars and coffee at Alara garage. A friend who owns a 930 turbo told me to go to post. Anyway, over 10,000 people insane. That red Supra over a quater of a million dollars, 6 seconds on the quater mile street legal over 1200 whp crazy builds out there. I created a new friendship with the owner of the two skylines that he brought from Japan rip Paul walker. Some duroc pork chops on the grill tonight.

Awesome outing at Alara garage.

Two 928 gts with sport seats manuals, the blue one is horizon blue which seems to be a rare color. Both of them gts.

That Supra 1200 whp, street legal over a quater of million dollars invested in it.

The black knight my turbo had a crowd on
around it, more than 10,000 people there.

Those two were shipped from Japan. Pretty unique cars, rip Paul walker.

Duroc pork chops.

Awesome grill marks on it.

Old 04-03-2023, 10:50 PM
pulpo
Pro

Received 369 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal911t
After thinking about it for 10-15 years, I bought a new tool box. I had been using a crappy upper and lower no-name brand that I bought in the '90s and 2nd upper and lower Craftsman units. The Craftsman lower was one my Dad bought in the '70s and is pretty rough.
After doing a lot of research, I ended up with U.S. General brand from Harbor Fright. I have to say that HF has stepped up their game over the last several years and these things are built like a brick $hit house. The upper and lower weigh 320lbs together before any tools have been added (I had to have the neighbor kid help lift the upper section onto the lower).
So if you're looking for new tool boxes, don't rule out U.S. General just because it's from Harbor Freight.

I think I'm going to break tradition and not put any stickers on it. In fact, I may de-badge all the U.S. General stuff too.

Looks great. I got the white version myself.
Old 04-04-2023, 07:17 AM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SoCal911t

Simple set ups are the best. I’ve been meaning to downsize my workbench and consolidate all my tools to the chest. Slowly organizing things but I have soooo much crap.

The following 3 users liked this post by TheChunkNorris:
Dr_Strangelove (04-04-2023), peterp (04-05-2023), plpete84 (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 10:34 AM
pulpo
Pro

Received 369 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by TheChunkNorris
Simple set ups are the best. I’ve been meaning to downsize my workbench and consolidate all my tools to the chest. Slowly organizing things but I have soooo much crap.

downsizing?? I'll take anything you don't want. sweet setup.
Old 04-04-2023, 11:23 AM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pulpo
downsizing?? I'll take anything you don't want. sweet setup.
Thanks brother and it’s really my 6’ work bench. I’d really only need a 4’ with a full cabinet on the bottom. My Craftsman lockers are starting to rust in some sections so I’m not sure what I’ll do.
Old 04-04-2023, 11:50 AM
plpete84
Drifting

Received 1,840 Likes on 932 Posts

There is something very satisfying about organizing a tool box / bench / whatever else you got. I did this to my portable one with foam cutouts for all sockets and it makes wrenching more enjoyable when you don't fumble through stuff looking for the right size whatever.
TheChunkNorris (04-05-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 04:21 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by plpete84
There is something very satisfying about organizing a tool box / bench / whatever else you got. I did this to my portable one with foam cutouts for all sockets and it makes wrenching more enjoyable when you don't fumble through stuff looking for the right size whatever.
I’m too much of a perfectionist to cut my own stuff, started using Toolbox Widget and have never looked back.
The following 2 users liked this post by TheChunkNorris:
Dr_Strangelove (04-04-2023), plpete84 (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 04:34 PM
Dr_Strangelove
Drifting

Received 938 Likes on 566 Posts

Never heard of that company Toolbox Widget before but like them a lot! I'll be ordering some stuff.
TheChunkNorris (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 04:36 PM
TheChunkNorris
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove
Never heard of that company Toolbox Widget before but like them a lot! I'll be ordering some stuff.
Ive been happy with them and they’ve been pretty durable. They have sales every so often.
Dr_Strangelove (04-04-2023)

Quick Reply: *** The Official 996 Forum Off Topic Thread ***