Sponsored by:

Installation guide of the PCCM Plus

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2023, 06:36 AM
biarritzwhite
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pdxmotorhead
Your amp likely has an auto power up that is popping when it gets power.. Or is not timed to wait till the PCCM is on line?
Thanks for the reply @pdxmotorhead
You might be right. I looked closer on the wiring diagram and my yellow C1 connector has one line that I could not crimp to anything since the cable seemed to be gone and that is the red/black 12V+switched cable that originally should go to the Amp. I dont know what the previous installers have done to it but will see if it is to be found at the amp connector in the trunk.
Because by my logic the amp should then get the signal from the PCCM when to start not from ignition?
Old 05-30-2023, 03:05 PM
pdk/pdq
1st Gear

I am entering this pretty late and i have perused through most of the guide. Has anyone figured out the back up camera for 997?
Old 05-30-2023, 03:35 PM
Dranon
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 141 Posts

No Backup camers for the PCCM1 Need an aftermarket one to add bu camera
Old 06-01-2023, 10:48 PM
arcangely2k
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same issue. Crickets. My Porsche Dealer gave me bad info and now I'm $500 in the hole on lost labor and no stereo.
Old 06-01-2023, 10:51 PM
arcangely2k
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kilsoj
Ok so have figured out that there are two m680 (forgive my lack of knowledge)

dsp m680 and
bose m680 - which I have

opc are stating I have to ground the bose m680 but as don’t have dsp to remove I can’t figure out why? Anyone?
Any luck? Same boat, out $500 in labor costs, 2 Porsche dealers have no answers, and I have no stereo. 2002 Carrera w/ non-MOST Bose.
Old 06-03-2023, 08:53 AM
Joseph77
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Guys,

I'm anticipating putting a PCCM plus in my 2004 996T - which has the later PCM2.1 Double DIN with CD Player... So i know for the install i dont have to worry about a few steps, but from reading through pages and pages of installs, i'm just wondering if it will be somehow 'plug and play' without all the little nuances everyones having to deal with with converting from older single din units etc etc?

Should i attempt this myself, or just leave it up to a professional? I'm new to this, so does anyone have a straightforward video or proper DIY guide for cars with the later double din?

Old 07-14-2023, 02:21 PM
bproosow
5th Gear

Hi all. Just installed the PCCM+ in my 2003 Turbo. I'm pleased to say that with ample research and pre-reading, it was a pretty straightforward install. I have Bose but did not need to do anything with the amp. Being a US car, I just plugged in the MOST box and I was set. I did not opt for maps so I did not install the GPS antenna. Likewise I skipped the external microphone based on what I read about internal vs external microphone sound quality. I modified my DIN1 frame to fit, and that was the only part that wasn't really covered very well. There is a YouTube video where a guy does a similar install, but I did it a little differently and am happy with the results.

I am having one very minor issue that is just an annoyance, but I'm hoping to figure out how to resolve anyways. That is that the language appears to be UK English and the date format is DD/MM/YYYY rather than the US style of MM/DD/YYYY. I see where I can change the time format between 12/24 hours, but nothing for the date format. Likewise, I can only choose from English or French in the language settings. I've poked around in the hidden menu but couldn't find anything relevant. Has anybody else encountered this and/or figured out how to change it?
Old 08-10-2023, 07:44 AM
joki
AutoX

Sometimes sound and sometimes not!

I have a problem that I haven’t read anywhere about yet. And believe me I’ve searched. Installed my PCCM+ a few months ago and haven’t got it to work properly due to a lot of small problems. Thanks to this thread I now only left with one problem. 2003, C2, Bose, Most.

When I listen to music the sound cuts off after a few minutes and later starts again. Sometimes when I put on the PCCM+ sound doesn´t even start at all but then after 5-20 minutes starts without any notice and then again cuts off after five/ten minutes, and this repeats itself (mostly off thou). Feels like some sort of electrical fuse/over heating issue (not even warm). The unit seems to work fine so the problem must be with amplification. No difference if it is Spotify, radio or anything else. Don´t see it being bad wiring either since it is either on or off. No difference if the car is moving or even engine on.

Any suggestions are most welcome.
Old 08-10-2023, 07:49 AM
sPaCePiR8
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by joki

I have a problem that I haven’t read anywhere about yet. And believe me I’ve searched. Installed my PCCM+ a few months ago and haven’t got it to work properly due to a lot of small problems. Thanks to this thread I now only left with one problem. 2003, C2, Bose, Most.

When I listen to music the sound cuts off after a few minutes and later starts again. Sometimes when I put on the PCCM+ sound doesn´t even start at all but then after 5-20 minutes starts without any notice and then again cuts off after five/ten minutes, and this repeats itself (mostly off thou). Feels like some sort of electrical fuse/over heating issue (not even warm). The unit seems to work fine so the problem must be with amplification. No difference if it is Spotify, radio or anything else. Don´t see it being bad wiring either since it is either on or off. No difference if the car is moving or even engine on.

Did you check the CAN/AMP setting in the PCCM? Given your car spec, this should be set to "CAN". Your problem sounds somewhat similar to mine (everything worked fine except for the unit shutting off every 15-20min, regardless of input type). Switching that setting to CAN solved it for me and everything works perfectly fine now
Old 08-10-2023, 09:28 AM
joki
AutoX

Originally Posted by sPaCePiR8
Did you check the CAN/AMP setting in the PCCM? Given your car spec, this should be set to "CAN". Your problem sounds somewhat similar to mine (everything worked fine except for the unit shutting off every 15-20min, regardless of input type). Switching that setting to CAN solved it for me and everything works perfectly fine now
Thanks for your reply. Yeah it is at CAN. Strangely enough it seems to appear with AMP as well.
Old 08-10-2023, 09:31 AM
srop816
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Did the radio work fine before you installed the PCCM? If so, my guess is a faulty PCCM. Since you have Bose and MOST, the PCCM should just be plug and play.
Old 08-10-2023, 10:56 AM
joki
AutoX

Originally Posted by srop816
Did the radio work fine before you installed the PCCM? If so, my guess is a faulty PCCM. Since you have Bose and MOST, the PCCM should just be plug and play.
Thanks for the reply! Sadly the first thing I did was to throw out the PCM. But you are right of course, it should be plug and play. I would hope that the amplifier have some sort of electronic fuse or that the optic converter had something similar.

I’m in the car now and after about five minutes i got Dio. So why the cutouts?
Old 08-10-2023, 11:10 AM
srop816
Racer

Thanks for the reply! Sadly the first thing I did was to throw out the PCM. But you are right of course, it should be plug and play. I would hope that the amplifier have some sort of electronic fuse or that the optic converter had something similar.

I’m in the car now and after about five minutes i got Dio. So why the cutouts?
So you hadn't used your old radio at all before uninstalling it?
Old 08-10-2023, 02:51 PM
joki
AutoX

Originally Posted by srop816
So you hadn't used your old radio at all before uninstalling it?
Sure I checked that everything was working when I bought it. But now in hindsight not that much since I bought it late autumn and had a few projects to look forward to during winter. Not my first 996 or even 986.
Old 08-11-2023, 10:09 AM
srop816
Racer

Sure I checked that everything was working when I bought it. But now in hindsight not that much since I bought it late autumn and had a few projects to look forward to during winter. Not my first 996 or even 986.
Tough to diagnose if you're not sure if the radio worked properly to begin with. If it was me, I'd probably start by swapping out the PCCM for a new one. If the new one has the same issue, then you'll know its something wrong with the sound system. Do you have the ability to exchange the PCCM? Call who you bought it from and say it's faulty?

Quick Reply: Installation guide of the PCCM Plus